Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Just now, Lako42 said:

The PL is dog shit, you don't need 40 points. 

I reckon we should save some more money and get someone who can get 35 points

35 points above the income points deduction

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

£27 matched on Betfair in this market, with nothing matched on Cooper. Betwillypuller.com puts Cooper on 5/2 because Wimsey put a £5 bet on Cooper. Forum goes into meltdown.

There's honestly a part of me that wants to put £15 on Dennis Wise just for the bit. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Can we please, please, get like a pinned locked post in the forum saying the odds on next managers don't mean a ****ing thing and please stop over reacting to them. 

Wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being a manager not even on the list. There's no chance of it being Cooper or Moyes, we'd probably have already hired them if it was. 

Every manager we've recruited since Shakespeare has played possession based football, the club has repeatedly said it wants to play possession based football, we just hired a relatively unknown assistant manager from more or less obscurity. We're far more likely to do that again than recruit David Moyes or Steve Cooper who do not play possession based football. 

The only time I pay any attention to the odds is when they start rapidly shortening on a name with no or few media links that hasn't been mentioned all that much. That means money is being put on someone that no one is talking about publicly and that makes me question who is putting the money on it and why. 

But apart from that, I agree with you. Odds don't usually mean much. 

Chatting to a Forest fan at work. Apparently, all the talk among their fans (including their ITKs) is that Cooper is in talks with us. FWIW he's gutted, still loves Cooper.

47 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Our fans couldn't get behind our manager when we were top of the Championship, had most wins, scored most goals, conceded fewest goals, had best goal difference etc etc. Not sure whats going to change now. 

Good point, we can live in hope. Maybe the points deduction will unite us😂

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Cooper lives 20 mins from the training ground.

Just now, VLC86 said:

Hmmm makes that less likely you would have thought.

I think they’ve already stated they’re happy to pay for the right manager

nett we’d be £6m up !

Just now, Wolfox said:

I think they’ve already stated they’re happy to pay for the right manager

nett we’d be £6m up !

That was the press talk, and yeah we would be £6m up but with our finances looking absolutely shite, they have to be absolutely certain he is the right man and for me he no longer ticks one of the boxes we will be looking for, which is cheap.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Chatting to a Forest fan at work. Apparently, all the talk among their fans (including their ITKs) is that Cooper is in talks with us. FWIW he's gutted, still loves Cooper.

I would be more surprised if we weren't talking to him.

Even if he isn't our No. 1 target he is a cheap and viable back-up if the one(s) we want don't wish to join.

Just now, VLC86 said:

That was the press talk, and yeah we would be £6m up but with our finances looking absolutely shite, they have to be absolutely certain he is the right man and for me he no longer ticks one of the boxes we will be looking for, which is cheap.

It was reported in the press, like everything else we know, but the wording of it suggested that the journalist (Percy?) had been told that we are willing to pay compensation and was not just guessing. In any case, I'm certain that if the club's first choice for the job is currently working, it will pay the compensation rather than opt for an inferior choice just because they're not currently working.

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

Is getting Cooper would be like big Nige going Forest. 

Cooper is genuinely loved by forest fans and in that basis we should take him.

How lol Cooper is dogshite 

Give it to Kasper. He ran the team for many years - apparently.  Tactics -just punt forward and play with inverted goalie. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Our fans couldn't get behind our manager when we were top of the Championship, had most wins, scored most goals, conceded fewest goals, had best goal difference etc etc. Not sure whats going to change now. 

Because it was boring as fvck and most could see the impending collapse.

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Because it was boring as fvck and most could see the impending collapse.

Maybe that is down to club direction and not the manager, so your ire is totally misplaced....   lol