Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Hopefully our persistence with Potter pays off, he’s not getting the England job or Manchester United job we are his next best option.

Why isn’t he getting the England job? Seems a perfect fit when Southgate goes.

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

The PL is dog shit, you don't need 40 points. 

I reckon we should save some more money and get someone who can get 35 points

Which could be 45 before the points deduction

39 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

How is Peter Taylor not on that list? Getting a side that had finished in the top 10 4 years in a row relegated, losing 4-0 at half time at home to a newly promoted side on the first game of the season, going out the FA Cup to a third tier side when we could have had our first semi-final for about 20 years and I haven't even mentioned Junior Lewis...

Dave Bassett didn't do that bad of a job and was a bit unlucky at times so is a bit unfortunate to be on that list... but Peter Taylor managed to make the team look inept.

Reading through that has left me thoroughly depressed at the thought of what might be round the corner. :unsure:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Jesus how many times😂😂😂

Potter.

Is.

Waiting.

For.

The.

England.

Job.

Its likely Corberan or RVN. 

No guarentee Southgate is quitting though, so he could be waiting a while

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

No guarentee Southgate is quitting though, so he could be waiting a while

But as far as a gamble goes, it’s worth it for him to turn us down and wait another few months rather than jump to a team in trouble a month before he could have that.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Can we please, please, get like a pinned locked post in the forum saying the odds on next managers don't mean a ****ing thing and please stop over reacting to them. 

It's almost like people are so fvcking stupid they don't understand how betting shop odds work - no matter how many times it's been explained to them.

3 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

But as far as a gamble goes, it’s worth it for him to turn us down and wait another few months rather than jump to a team in trouble a month before he could have that.

I think Southgate will still be there so maybe he has spoke to him, obviously its a risk for Potter coming here but the same could be said where ever he goes.

9 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

How is Peter Taylor not on that list? Getting a side that had finished in the top 10 4 years in a row relegated, losing 4-0 at half time at home to a newly promoted side on the first game of the season, going out the FA Cup to a third tier side when we could have had our first semi-final for about 20 years and I haven't even mentioned Junior Lewis...

Dave Bassett didn't do that bad of a job and was a bit unlucky at times so is a bit unfortunate to be on that list... but Peter Taylor managed to make the team look inept.

Reading through that has left me thoroughly depressed at the thought of what might be round the corner. :unsure:

Bassett took newly-promoted Wimbledon to 6th (pre-EPL, admittedly) and kept Sheffield United up on a shoestring for a couple of years, so it seems a bit harsh. Especially if Taylor isn't on the list!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Why isn’t he getting the England job? Seems a perfect fit when Southgate goes.

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Eddie Howe is nailed on for it imo.

So could he (Potter) be waiting for the Newcastle job in that case?

• Haha 1