Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Keep the odds nonsense to the gambling thread. It means fvck all. 

Only vaguely means anything when they go really far odds on and even then I'm sure Preki went 1/5 or something daft.

11 minutes ago, Parko66 said:

Potter oods on now- the money is down for Potter!

Cooper is Potter isn't anywhere. Only other odds that have shortened today is Garcia.

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Just get it done FFS. 

This is going to be the most frustrating summer ever, isn't it! Not sure I can take it!

We have a really important season coming up, with headwinds all over the place - the last thing we want to do is “get it done” for the sake of what? Rather we take some time and get the right manager in - whether you trust the people hiring is a different matter, the strategy of getting it done is very short sighted. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Don't understand all the hype around Potter. He's had one good season in English football, when Brighton finished 9th. Even Chelsea were languishing in the bottom half when he left.

I would rather have Potter than Moyes who would never come here anyway.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I would rather have Potter than Moyes who would never come here anyway.

Potter isn't coming. He's waited a long time to get back into management and he's not about to jump back in with a move to a club that is about to be hit with at least one points deduction, and possibly more. He'll either take the England job or return to a PL side in a more stable condition than we currently find ourselves in.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Potter isn't coming. He's waited a long time to get back into management and he's not about to jump back in with a move to a club that is about to be hit with at least one points deduction, and possibly more. He'll either take the England job or return to a PL side in a more stable condition than we currently find ourselves in.

You never know, we might not be as much in the shit as you think.

Plus you just said you don't get the hype with him, so he can't be that good to be waiting around for a bigger job

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

You never know, we might not be as much in the shit as you think.

Plus you just said you don't get the hype with him, so he can't be that good to be waiting around for a bigger job

I do indeed think he's overhyped - that's precisely the point. There are a number of clubs in a better position than ourselves that would take him. He knows this and is biding his time for one of those opportunities or for the England job. His stock is undoubtedly still quite high - whether that's justified or not is a matter for debate. I just can't see him deciding to jump back into management with a PL team that faces the kind of challenges that we face at the moment.

Well my hair has started to recede in recent years. So I just want another cool, good looking, bald manager.  

I just feel it’s helping with my transition into my new reality 

• Haha 1

Sergio Conceicao ...he's interesting I've read a a great article piece about him l. This bit I copied and pasted.....

'Turning water into wine

Nevertheless, nobody can question the commitment and the competence which Conceição put at the service of the club in a difficult era for the Dragons.

Severely limited by financial constraints, forced to work with makeshift squads and having to regularly sell his best players, the Coimbra-born tactician kept Porto competitive throughout his time at the helm'

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I do indeed think he's overhyped - that's precisely the point. There are a number of clubs in a better position than ourselves that would take him. He knows this and is biding his time for one of those opportunities or for the England job. His stock is undoubtedly still quite high - whether that's justified or not is a matter for debate. I just can't see him deciding to jump back into management with a PL team that faces the kind of challenges that we face at the moment.

Fair point, I wouldn't mind him I think he would do well here.

I really do think Potter will wait to get back into club management until after the summer, I just have a feeling he's holding out for the England job knowing that Southgate is going to be stepping down.

If he doesn't get that, then he'll start flirting himself around the clubs again. 

Only reason I can think of that we haven't seen him back in the game yet, either that or he was mentally drained after Chelsea after realised that he maybe wasn't a big club manager and really needed time away to refocus

39 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Don't understand all the hype around Potter. He's had one good season in English football, when Brighton finished 9th. Even Chelsea were languishing in the bottom half when he left.

Potter's most impressive achievements were at Östersund... he took as side from the 4th division to finishing 5th in the top division, winning the cup, getting into the Europa group stages and beating Arsenal away along the line. I get that it wasn't in English football and the club was well backed, but that is fairytale stuff.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Sergio Conceicao ...he's interesting I've read a a great article piece about him l. This bit I copied and pasted.....

'Turning water into wine

Nevertheless, nobody can question the commitment and the competence which Conceição put at the service of the club in a difficult era for the Dragons.

Severely limited by financial constraints, forced to work with makeshift squads and having to regularly sell his best players, the Coimbra-born tactician kept Porto competitive throughout his time at the helm'

Some quotes from reddit about him:

"He is insufferable really, the relentless siege mentality is so exhausting, absolutely miserable person, glad he is gone…"

"find a club for yourself and leave us alone

cya!"

"He's a good coach, capable of squeezing everything from some pretty mediocre lemons and making some decent lemonade... But then he's also one of, if not the worst toxic merchant of the portuguese league"

"He's been able to get some decent results while he's had to work with a pretty terrible squad throughout his stint at the club, but that is also his own fault. SC is is a coach that values hard-work and physicality above anything else, and often in detriment of the team"

"despite being a very good coach he's always at the center of drama, constantly being a huge cry-bully. He honestly thinks he's the biggest victim in the world and everyone is out to get him and his family."

It'd certainly be entertaining

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThumbsUp said:

Some quotes from reddit about him:

"He is insufferable really, the relentless siege mentality is so exhausting, absolutely miserable person, glad he is gone…"

"find a club for yourself and leave us alone

cya!"

"He's a good coach, capable of squeezing everything from some pretty mediocre lemons and making some decent lemonade... But then he's also one of, if not the worst toxic merchant of the portuguese league"

"He's been able to get some decent results while he's had to work with a pretty terrible squad throughout his stint at the club, but that is also his own fault. SC is is a coach that values hard-work and physicality above anything else, and often in detriment of the team"

"despite being a very good coach he's always at the center of drama, constantly being a huge cry-bully. He honestly thinks he's the biggest victim in the world and everyone is out to get him and his family."

It'd certainly be entertaining

On board with this. 

50 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Like Ghandi. Made one good film and you never heard off him again.

• Haha 1