Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

32 minutes ago, jamfox said:

Steve cooper , jumped to hot favourite at the bookies...

A whole £30 has been matched at betfair on this market, that is £3 more than at 8am this morning.

It might end up being Cooper, but i don't think the current odds at any bookies is an indication to where anything is at.

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Be prepared for several more weeks of it. I get the impression the club will take its time over this and we may not hear anything for a while.

I thought the club said they’ll have someone in before the end of the month, before the players report back for pre-season.

I suppose the timing of enzo’s departure does afford us the luxury of not having to rush into a decision. Though I don’t think that’ll be any good for some peoples wellbeing on here. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I thought the club said they’ll have someone in before the end of the month, before the players report back for pre-season.

I suppose the timing of enzo’s departure does afford us the luxury of not having to rush into a decision. Though I don’t think that’ll be any good for some peoples wellbeing on here. 

There's 26 days before the end of the month ;)

1 minute ago, Ely fox said:

Teddy Sheringham has always been a great up and coming manager. He is my choice. Also Darren Ferguson needs a chance in the top league. 

Didn’t feguson manage brighton or someone in the championship some years back before ending up back at peterborough? 

He’s been there years though and alsways seems to have them challenging, makes you wonder why no other championship team has took a chance on him. 

• Like 1

Plenty to be critical about with the current leadership of the club, but when it comes to managers the track record over the last decade has been overwhelmingly positive. They also tend to move quickly to appoint once there is a vacancy. I imagine we'll have someone confirmed in the next 7-10 days.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Teddy Sheringham has always been a great up and coming manager. He is my choice. Also Darren Ferguson needs a chance in the top league. 

Is this a joke or?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

What's Cooper's backroom staff like?

He will need to crack on and hire like Enzo brought along with him a development coach, fitness coaches, a goal keeping coach and set piece coach plus individual player coach and an analyst coach

From when he left Forest...

Cooper’s assistant coach, Alan Tate, leaves the club. First team goalkeeping coach Danny Alcock and head of sport science David Tivey also make way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

What's Cooper's backroom staff like?

He will need to crack on and hire like Enzo brought along with him a development coach, fitness coaches, a goal keeping coach and set piece coach plus individual player coach and an analyst coach

This is the best question asked I’ve seen for days. Just as important as the head coach is the back room staff! They have to be top notch. Our players have waxed lyrical about how good Enzo’s work ethic was and that of his staff. Like the best they’ve experienced.

Players will respond well if the standard doesn’t drop. 

my only worry about the club getting the appointment right is our hierarchy genuinely look wobbled. From their statements they didn’t see this coming at all. They were only in Monaco on top’s lux boat a short while ago. Enzo must have been poker faced the whole time. I don’t believe a succession back up plan was ever devised. That’s why I’m not sure this time they will get it right but I hope they do. This is such a massive season and gonna be nerve wracking from beginning to the end.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can’t see what the club is thinking if it’s cooper. We should be aiming for a higher quality manager. There are plenty of decent options out of work at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How far we’ve fallen. I deludedly thought a few weeks back we could do better than Corberan, but I’d much rather him than Cooper! And maybe I am still deluded, we’re in a mess…it’s all just pretty depressing, isn’t it.

Just because the bookies odds have shortened doesn’t mean that it’s definitely going to be him……

We knew he’s Interested, so that’s going to shorten the odds somewhat……..

35 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

You high?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Didn’t feguson manage brighton or someone in the championship some years back before ending up back at peterborough? 

He’s been there years though and alsways seems to have them challenging, makes you wonder why no other championship team has took a chance on him. 

Say what you want about the bloke BUT he always has Boro challenging and getting promoted 

32 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

He probably shagged one of the owner’s wives or something and now no other clubs want anything to do with him otherwise he will more than likely shag the owner’s wife or something in it.