Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 minutes ago, Mendi said:

Oscar Garcia has spoken to Top for past few days. Much in the running.

He’s dogshite but would be a Top appointment :thumbdown:

3 minutes ago, Mendi said:

If that has an ounce of truth in it we are absolutely 100% dead and buried before we start 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mendi said:

This is a misleading quote. What is actually happening is that Garcia keeps suddenly appearing when Top goes out for his morning jogs and pestering him for the job. 

On the plus side Top is smashing his pb’s each morning. 

4 minutes ago, J. James said:

Plymouth Chairman said that Rooney was the "most attractive" of the candidates - First time that word and "Rooney" have appeared in the same sentence - doubtful we'd say the same if we appoint Cooper.. Unless we also interview Quasimodo, that frog that the princess had to kiss and Ugo Ug the world gurning champion.. Hmmm.. not sure about Quasimodo though. 😐

" Rooney is so ugly, even the blind people don't find him attractive".

:cool:

People definitely using appearance to make Cooper seem worse. He might look like he's just come off a long shift attempting to stop Frodo throw the ring into the fires of Mount Doom but his football record is decent and I like his record of bringing youth through. Wouldn't be my first choice but not a disaster by any stretch.

If the past tells us anything it's that we'll go a bit more left field though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

People definitely using appearance to make Cooper seem worse. He might look like he's just come off a long shift attempting to stop Frodo throw the ring into the fires of Mount Doom but his football record is decent and I like his record of bringing youth through. Wouldn't be my first choice but not a disaster by any stretch.

If the past tells us anything it's that we'll go a bit more left field though.

His PL football was dynamite wasnt it?

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I thought the club said they’ll have someone in before the end of the month, before the players report back for pre-season.

I suppose the timing of enzo’s departure does afford us the luxury of not having to rush into a decision. Though I don’t think that’ll be any good for some peoples wellbeing on here. 

We need the Manager in place ASAP. He should have an input on incoming & outgoing players

On 02/06/2024 at 17:50, whetstonefox said:

Graham Potter needs to get back into the game soon otherwise he’ll end up as the next Alan Curbishley. Though I imagine he’s waiting on England on the assumption Southgate goes

All the Potter talk .... what exactly is on his CV .... I think he is waiting till after the euros.... Southgate to Man Utd.....Potter for England .... even my physic dog agrees 

It will be west brom manager I can say with 100% confidence .. I'm convinced .. 

I even put money on him so I must be ultra sure 

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

There’s so many unnecessary comments about Steve Bruce. Personally think he seems like a lovely bloke.

Wouldnt want him as a manager, nor would he even be considered. But the comments focusing on peoples looks and simply nasty comments about humans, that we’ve seen with him and cooper in recent days makes me lose faith in humanity.

Just say he’s a god awful manager and leave out any thing else. They’re someone’s grandad and it all feels unnecessary to me 🤷‍♂️ (i’m not meaning just on this forum) 

Was very close to my childhood neighbours (in Gillingham) and some of the little things he did for them were absolutely class. He'd lived with them when he played for Gillingham as my neighbour was a coach there, and the guy who picked him out (Micky Adams also lived with them when he played for Gills for a while). Always came back to visit.

When I met him once at a party (was probably 14) he was such a nice guy and had some banter with me as we'd just played Birmingham that day and I think Elvis Hammond scored lol. Said it so many times on here but he rated Muzzy Izzet as one of the absolute best he ever worked with or played with which is some going.

He was a really good manager but the game has moved on from guys like him and he's just become tainted unfortunately for him.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Winstonthedog said:

All the Potter talk .... what exactly is on his CV .... I think he is waiting till after the euros.... Southgate to Man Utd.....Potter for England .... even my physic dog agrees 

He took a Swedish 4th division team to the knockout stages of the Europa League, finished 5th in their tip tier and won a cup all in 7 seasons. 

Say what you wasn't about how it translates to the PL but you can't say it's not impressive.

• Like 1

Apparently Cooper was going to sell his house in Kegworth but has now taken it off the market. He's at least being interviewed for the job. He wouldn't be my first choice but I'm not really fussed that he managed Forest. Our title-winning captain is from Nottingham and played for Forest and one of our ever greatest managers and his assistant were European Cup winners with Forest. 

Positives: 
No compensation
Clearly built a good team spirit at Forest in their promotion season

Managed to get the extra bit out of that Forest team to keep them in the league. 

Isn't completely glued to an ideology like Maresca was and will just do what he can to try and win games. 

Was capable of shithousing close home games in his first season in the premier league at Forest. 

Would probably prefer to work with a smaller squad and not having 26 players signed for him

Proven that he can get a team promoted if we are relegated

Negatives:

His football at times at Forest was absolutely diabolical
His away record in the premier league was very poor
Nuno has a better points per game ratio in the premier league at Forest

Even many of their fans who had been supportive of him felt that tactically he was out of his depth at this level and they got over the line through gusto and luck (us being dysfunctional certainly helped them too)

There are some mediating circumstances at Forest. They were promoted with many loan players and I'm sure he will have wanted to keep many of them, and there's no way he wanted to sign all of those players. I also think if the club are serious of carrying on the possession football model, Steve Cooper doesn't fit into that whatsoever, so it would be strange.