Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

David Moyes for me the standout candidate , experience is what we need at this period of time till Top / King Power sells the club.

Doubt whoever any potential manager is after Enzo leaves (whether that is now or in the future) would be around long enough for that to happen, they aren't selling up anytime soon

Doubt they would go for Moyes either as he doesn't fit into the possession tactics that Top will want from a manager

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Doubt whoever any potential manager is after Enzo leaves (whether that is now or in the future) would be around long enough for that to happen, they aren't selling up anytime soon

Doubt they would go for Moyes either as he doesn't fit into the possession tactics that Top will want from a manager

Top wants a “name manager”, if someone like Moyes is interested he will hire him.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo wasn't a "name manager" and went for him?

In the sense that Pep’s team are name-worthy, we have hired pretty much named managers within the KP period.

38 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Rosenior I feel it's a bit early, but I think he has a lot of promise. I think he's got to get a team into the playoffs at minimum first before coming here though.

In the Championship Coberan I think is extremely impressive and think with a good squad would surprise a lot of people. Danny Rohl was incredible but might be too soon, though I think what he achieved was only second to Ipswich and McKenna.

Potter would be the one I think we would try to go for, though not sure we'd get him.

Yeah, I think they will go for Potter. The club have admired him for some time and he was the planned replacement for Rodgers before it went wrong. 

Might be easier as we're back in the PL but think the likely points deduction will put him off. 

I like the idea of a younger manager with something to prove.

And ideally with a similar tactical style to Enzo as we can't afford to keep swapping playing styles given FFP. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Has anyone checked the EFL official website

Ends June 6th cuz we got promoted 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Would be a perfect replacement! Another name to throw in is Jagoba Arrasate. Completely different style of play but did wonders at Osasuna and has recently stepped down.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/jagoba-arrasate-a-deeper-look-at-his-osasuna-project-tactical-analysis-tactics

Arrasate is going to my second love RCD Mallorca :cool:

Edited by Aleksz
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AjcW said:

This will be our shortlist, no need to discuss. Similar to last summer. Supplied directly to John by John.

Carlos Vicens

Anthony Barry

Graham Potter

Ronald Koeman

Johnny Heitinga

Steven Gerrard

Oscar Garcia

Agreed with @Finnegan yesterday that Vicens was a great shout - to find out he’s on John Morris’ books makes it even more likely.

Tbh I feel like Moyes would keep us up even with a 6 point deduction, he has a knack for signing cheap reliable players. Got a few wrong but everyone does, did a fantastic job at West Ham. Football might not be the most exciting but I've no doubt he could keep us up. 

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

The Stuttgart manager if you can prise him away from CL Football, had to copy and paste his name as I don't know how you would say his surname in English.. Sebastian Hoeneß.

His surname phonetically is along the lines of "who-ness" (the 'who' part is very, very slightly lengthened when spoken)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

His surname phonetically is along the lines of "who-ness" (the 'who' part is very, very slightly lengthened when spoken)

Graham Whouness?  Fuch off 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

The only thing that matters next season is to stay up, so in my opinion, dump the fancy-pants football (we won’t have the money to do it properly), at least for now and appoint a pragmatic manager whose sole focus is 40 points.

No idea who fits the bill.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I went to the Fanstore yesterday to pick up the new third kit (🔥) and noticed Top talking to Barry Fry in the car park. Coincidence perhaps???

Edited by Edwam1972
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Guaranteed we will take another punt on Potter The club have had the hots for him for a few years. 

I imagine we will. Whoever it is it needs to be quick. 

• Like 1

Let’s be honest, it’s a free hit for the season ahead. Favourites for the drop, if they keep us up, they get the freedom of the city, go down, points deduction too much to recover from.

Moyes for me. We need an experienced manger who has been and done premier league football. 

• Like 1