Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Choosing between Steve Bruce and Steve Cooper is like choosing whether to drink p*** or eat sh*** 

Cooper is piss though.

Edited by dooflip

Ok I’m starting to get childish about this. I’m done if it’s not Corberan. 

Please don’t even ****ing bother if Cooper or Garcia are in the running. Garbage. 

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Corberan worships at the Pep altar just like Maresca. We cannot play Pepball in the Premier without quality players & we don't have the quality or the money to buy them. This upcoming season is about surviving after a points deduction ... Tippy Tappy will get us relegated !!!

I think its in one ear and out the other sadly, it seems to have become a fashion trend now. :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Have you seen the guy’s spend record? He doesn’t spend money and gets a tune out of his squads… he’d be perfect for us for the next couple of years 

So did cooper though, but you didnt give him the same respect.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, KFS said:

Have you seen the guy’s spend record? He doesn’t spend money and gets a tune out of his squads… he’d be perfect for us for the next couple of years 

This is the premier league son. He’s currently managing in the worst championship I’ve seen. It’s not the same league as it was ten years ago, where you couldn’t make the mistakes us and Southampton have this season and still gone up. If the club had any sense now it would scrap the tippy tappy rubbish and appoint a manager that will make us hard to beat 

Edited by OldBob
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

And anyway… I dont necessarily want rid of possession football, I just want us to do more with the ball when we have it. That’s why early Maresca days were so exciting. Vertical tiki-taka etc - that was fun… he just panicked when it all went south.

It’s also like a midterm government change… it doesn’t work because you undo the process of change that the incumbent was working on. If Cooper rocks up telling winks to stay in his penalty area at all times, we’ll be relegated by Christmas. 

Edited by KFS

4 minutes ago, OldBob said:

This is the premier league son. He’s currently managing in the worst championship I’ve seen. It’s not the same league as it was ten years ago, where you couldn’t make the mistakes us and Southampton have this season and still gone up. If the club had any sense now it would scrap the tippy tappy rubbish and appoint a manager that will make us hard to beat 

Thanks SFE - just what we needed, you to bring your weird burner account onto FT. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

So did cooper though, but you didnt give him the same respect.

Cooper didn’t spend money? Forest were signing a player every hour at one point mate 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

Thanks SFE - just what we needed, you to bring your weird burner account onto FT. 

No clue what you’re going on about fella

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KFS said:

Cooper didn’t spend money? Forest were signing a player every hour at one point mate 

Talking about his first season but I get your point.

I think what happened the year after was chaos, but he kept them up anyway.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

Cooper or Moyes have to be the obvious choices. Both would have us finish higher than Maresca would have. 

I’d give Cooper the edge just because it would really upset Forest. 

5 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Corberan worships at the Pep altar just like Maresca. We cannot play Pepball in the Premier without quality players & we don't have the quality or the money to buy them. This upcoming season is about surviving after a points deduction ... Tippy Tappy will get us relegated !!!

More of a Bielsa disciple than Peps, to be fair. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OldBob said:

Two of the teams that were relegated this year would have stayed up in that 2013/14 season. Two of the teams that made the playoffs that year would have missed out last season and Burnley who were promoted automatically with 93 pts that season would have finished third this time around. 

I think you're suffering from a bout of nostalgia. 

• Like 2