Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

We scored 89 goals last season. The second highest goal scorers in the league.

Clearly, we played with sufficient attacking intent.

So why was it as dull as dishwater to watch most of the time then?

• Like 4

People are laughing at Enzo going to Chelsea and saying he will have players forced upon him and he will be told who to play and how - and the exact same thing happened to Cooper at F****t and he stll managed to keep them up - but he's utter shit and people don't want him anywhere near our club. 

I'm not being an advocate for Cooper by the way - I'm neither excited or full of dread at the thought of him being appointed, but the way that people have us instantly relegated playing terrible football if he came is wrong. He would deserve a chance, the same as whoever does get the job. 

People just need to take the blinkers off. 

1 hour ago, SB87_LCFC said:

On the English coaches available leaves a lot to be desired - Lampard, Scott Parker and Will Still notable names, the latter I’d be on the fence about, 9th place with Reims in Ligue 1 last year. If we were to go for a young English coach, Gary O’Neil has done a great job with Wolves and didn’t do bad at Bournemouth either. 

Gary O’Neil wouldn’t leave Wolves for Leicester

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boosmanana said:

What people actually want is for every single pass to be played forward and for every single pass to connect with it's intended target and for us to score every single time we go forward, none of which are remotely possible

We just need to find the manager that makes this happen. I now won’t accept anything less! 

I still think the board will want somebody with solid Premier League experience. I think they will surprise us with somebody who was a fairly big name a few years ago - like they did with Ranieri.

• Like 1

At this current moment Cooper pretty much looks the heavy favourite. 

As I said the other day, I think he gets harshly criticised by many, he has enough credentials to make him a viable appointment.

If he is to be appointed, I hope we back him in a certain manner that offers excitement. 

I’d want to see an influx of British talent come through the door, kind of similar to what he had at Swansea and in his first season at Forest. 

He has shown throughout his career, that he’s extremely successful at helping develop youth. If we can get in players like Jordan James for example, then I think Cooper could go well. 

6 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

People are laughing at Enzo going to Chelsea and saying he will have players forced upon him and he will be told who to play and how - and the exact same thing happened to Cooper at F****t and he stll managed to keep them up - but he's utter shit and people don't want him anywhere near our club. 

I'm not being an advocate for Cooper by the way - I'm neither excited or full of dread at the thought of him being appointed, but the way that people have us instantly relegated playing terrible football if he came is wrong. He would deserve a chance, the same as whoever does get the job. 

He is available and no compensation involved so looks attractive to the powers that be. Plus willing to take on a seemingly difficult if not impossible task of keeping us up next season. Beggars can't be choosers maybe ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

As I said the other day, I think he gets harshly criticised by many, he has enough credentials to make him a viable appointment.

If he is to be appointed, I hope we back him in a certain manner that offers excitement. 

I’d want to see an influx of British talent come through the door, kind of similar to what he had at Swansea and in his first season at Forest. 

He has shown throughout his career, that he’s extremely successful at helping develop youth. If we can get in players like Jordan James for example, then I think Cooper could go well. 

Wonder how long the £100mil training complex will take to bear fruit ? Need to start bringing through and developing talent.

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

I wouldn’t read too much into what the bookmakers think.

They thought Preki was going to be our manager.

If cooper wasn’t at notts im sure we’d be in favour 

they talk about him highly 

at this point I’d take him 

potter id be suprised if he came 

Courbian ( West Brom ) a yes 

dyche possibly 

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So why was it as dull as dishwater to watch most of the time then?

Because sport not on a level playing field isn't exciting. It's ruined club football tbh, almost all the european leagues are just the sides who can hover up the best players farming everyone. This was the first season I can remember where we had a signifcant advantage over everyone else and it just wasn't fun. You turn up every week expecting to turn teams over - it is frustrating when you don't and not that satisfying when you do.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

My Swansea-supporting mate absolutely loves Cooper and is adamant he'll go on to become England manager one day.

He does know he's Welsh, right?

2 hours ago, Saxondale said:

This is absolutely bang on.

Whoever is appointed, the old “FORWARD! QUICKER!” codgers are going be disappointed, because they don’t seem to understand that the game of football has moved on since the mid 80s.

Until it moves back again. Trouble is with youngsters they haven’t been around long enough to have seen tactics ebb and flow. Probably don’t know about total football. 

38 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I remember when threads like this used to blow up after @LinekersLugs and @themightyfin posted... but they've literally both been blanked this morning lol 

I'm sure if the name they mentioned suited people's opinions more, it would have done. Hear what we want to hear!

2 minutes ago, DesertFox said:

He does know he's Welsh, right?

Yes he is aware of that. But Steve Cooper coached in the England youth set up for five years and is apparently highly regarded by the FA, hence my Swansea friend's prediction that he'll return to manage the England first team.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

Yes, we can only really judge Cooper on his championship reign, it seemed like once they were promoted, the Greek signed a load of ego journeyman, and virtual nobodies and was asked to organise them. 

I wouldn't mind him although I think he'd be under instant pressure with our fanbase because of where he's from, whereas Corberan might get more patience amongst the fan base I'd hope