Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

I reckon it'll be Cooper now. Apart from Rodgers we've not nabbed someone else's manager for a long time. I also think that our financial predicament means we're less likely to want to pay compensation of any amount. 

• Like 2

I do appreciate the ITK's... but the way the betting markets work, if one/two of them actually knew, why on earth wouldn't they stick £100/£200 on? That would probably suspend a market given no one bets on them lol 

18 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I'm coming around to Cooper, he was poor in the PL but getting Forest into the PL is a genuinely impressive achievement considering their basket case owners and transfer strategy. I think he could be quite good for us.

Harsh to say he was poor. Their board signed about 30 players which he had to try and bed in ASAP.

He did keep them up in fairness and their home record was excellent.

Would he be first choice? Probably not. But, we could do loads worse

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I think the important context for Corberan is that yes he does have a "style" but he's very pragmatic, he usually sets up in a 4-2-3-1, but his formations change throughout the game where players take up different roles and positions to counter the opponent. This season he has also played a 3-5-2, a 4-4-2, a 3-4-3 and a 5-4-1. 
Corberan does have a preferred playing style, but he's proven at West Brom that he plays to beat the opposition and get the best out of the squad he has, rather than setting up solely to play "his way" like Enzo did. 

I'd rather have a pragmatic Corberan than a static manager wedded to a system with the season we face. 

The flexibility in formation was a feature of early Rodgers and early Maresca. Both abandoned that flexibility really quickly which I find absolutely baffling. 

Why have a toolbox full of screwdrivers when sometimes the problem requires a hammer??

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Just looked at Cooper’s stats in the PL and that’s why it’s no for me 

Played 55

Won 12 

Drawn 16 

Lost 27 

Points total of 52 

Thats 0.94 per game - equalling out to a 36 point season which won’t be enough for next season. 55 games is a decent barometer too 

Good f*****g lord, those are harrowing stats. 

If this is the way we're going then things must be even worse than first feared behind the scenes. God help us. 

5 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

For anyone even remotely interested the ugliness of a Leicester manager is properly measured on the Megson - Sousa scale 

2676-1406794990.jpg?lm=1

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, J. James said:

Progression is not a straight line its a circle 

Hate to be a pedant, but surely progression can be literally any shape you want other than a circle.

The expression “going round in circles” is a lack of progress.

I hate myself. I hate being this bored waiting for news. I apologise!!! 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Oh FFS, this won’t go down well. 

36AE766F-4E4B-44B5-A3B2-926F02181044.jpeg

Brock Lesnar?  GERRIMIN!

Edited by MPH

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

Ahh

If a premier league team made contact with Carlos, he would come irrespective of plans with WBA, in the same way of Enzo with Chelsea, because it's a step up

Just now, Lineker's Left Foot said:
4 minutes ago, scinnell said:

If a premier league team made contact with Carlos, he would come irrespective of plans with WBA, in the same way of Enzo with Chelsea, because it's a step up.

He hasn’t got many followers so I doubt it’s that gospel 

• Like 1

Looks like it maybe Carlos Corberan he seems very interested in the job and keen to talk to Leicester from a few whispers from Begrudging Baggies fans where I work who seem to know what’s going on around the ground, I’m saying who’s giving you that info your grans sister’s boyfriends cousins bellend of a mate who works at the Chippy near the ground??

34 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Oh FFS, this won’t go down well. 

36AE766F-4E4B-44B5-A3B2-926F02181044.jpeg

That’s not Steve Bruce he’s got a huge beer gut and not a ripped washboard like this guy that’s more like Robert The Bruce 😉🤣

9 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Implies there has been contact between us and him then.

No implication there, Hermon is just correcting FosseHub’s mistake. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

For anyone even remotely interested the ugliness of a Leicester manager is properly measured on the Megson - Sousa scale 

Could be worse:

image.png.c67ac40ff4411043c75de6cd4bb3256e.png

Although he was a good manager for Notts County.

• Haha 1