Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

I just hope it’s not someone underwhelming like cooper, Bruce etc etc.

carlos or potter for me and then we can start cracking on with getting the squad ready for what’s gonna be one hell of a battle. A challenge even greater than the greatest escape season if we get hit with as much as 15 points!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

:appl:

Fantastic post!

@Bluearmyfox28 for DOF!

Not really . Just another opinion. Agree with a post or get slated by the poster , it is what it is . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Fish said:

Not really . Just another opinion. Agree with a post or get slated by the poster , it is what it is . 

It’s a good breakdown 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

It’s a good breakdown 

Yeah but you can't get angry about other people's not using facts and then bring your own opinions and biases into an argument that you're claiming is a breakdown of facts :dunno:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Yeah but you can't get angry about other people's not using facts and then bring your own opinions and biases into an argument that you're claiming is a breakdown of facts :dunno:

Spot on.

No mention of us having to sign Furlong to hurl every throw in  into the opposition box!

• Haha 1

Baffles me how Potter is so highly rated on here..

•  Boring side ways football 

• The man himself has as much charisma as a scotch egg

• He complained that Brighton fans should stop telling the players to take a shot

• failed at Chelsea (can let him off on that I suppose)  

Obviously it’s a game of opinions but personally I think a lot of fans would prefer the team to get the ball up the pitch as fast possible. Why take 3 or 4 passes when you can do it one pass. Last season proved this for me. Promotion seasons are meant to be really enjoyable. It just wasn’t.

on that basis I hope we go with someone who doesn’t play this style of play

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I just hope it’s not someone underwhelming like cooper, Bruce etc etc.

carlos or potter for me and then we can start cracking on with getting the squad ready for what’s gonna be one hell of a battle. A challenge even greater than the greatest escape season if we get hit with as much as 15 points!

Not again! Why do people keep quoting points deduction amounts that are just not going to happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Potters Brighton generally created a lot of chances, usually outdoing their opponents. Their conversion was shite though. But that was largely seen as an issue with the quality of player he had up front.  Didn't seem to change at Chelsea though and De Zerbi got them scoring on the regular especially in the earlier stages... I wouldn't say Potter played boring sideways football though, but there are question marks about how he handles the strikers. But then, he's never really had a decent striker, even at Chelsea.

35 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Odds on Sadler and Stowell?

With them taking the fall for 2022/23, and Enzo taking all his staff with him, are there any coaches at the club?

If we didn't have a manager in place by the time pre season started, who would take the sessions? The sports science guys?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

f**k me the amount people fight to prove a point on here without any facts or just made-up statements is unreal. The one thing that annoys me is that it appears most assume that the club just look at a manager and do not think about the personnel of players the club has and whether that meets the criteria for a certain managers style, but let's actually break it down.

Moyes - For me the player personnel he requires for his system does not match what we currently have. He prefers to have a target man that he can throw balls into the box for and someone that can throw their weight around a bit, he also likes to have a shadow striker preferably with aerial presence (Cahill, Fellaini, Soucek) who can make late runs into the box, again something we do not have and doesn't suit the style of players we currently have. He likes to play a lot of the time with 2 traditional holding midfielders, if Wilf leaves, we will have no one that can play that role other than possibly Hamza. So, for me Moyes is not an option based on current players within the squad regardless of previous achievements. 

Cooper - A fast direct attacking manager, however, his sides have struggled with their defensive structure and leaked a fair few goals. One thing that was noticeable for me when thinking about his time at Forest was how bad they were at set pieces, it was horrendous to watch and something that we have to improve on already. If I remember correctly, they also managed to only win one game away from home all season, which means a huge emphasis was put on Forest to win games at home. Cooper's preferred style appears to be a 3-4-2-1 but has adapted during his time at Forest due to options he had available to him. Cooper preferably prefers to overload width by using attacking fullback's' on the outside with the wingers playing more inverted to create space on the outside. An investment at full back is needed regardless of manager in charge, and it is fair to say Cooper is a very good man manager. However, from an attacking perspective I am not sure if our wingers (which arguably is one of our biggest strengths currently) are made for the style of working in tight spaces which he would prefer them to play. I am open to Cooper but have concerns regarding how leaky his defences can be at times as well as how poor they have been at set pieces in the past. 

Corberan - For me Corberan is one of the most misunderstood managers out there from a perspective of playing style. Corberan prefers to play a 4-2-3-1 with huge emphasis on the fullbacks both going forward and defending. He wants to keep the ball but not for the sake of it. If the option is there to play direct, then he will set up direct or be patient depending on what is more effective against the opponent. He has an emphasis on being solid defensively and from set pieces, but this does not make him a defensive mindset manager. Going forward he wants his wide players to play as wide as possible creating spaces for the full backs to make vertical runs in the space vacated by the winger, causing the full back to make a choice of which player to follow and the ball being played to the player not being marked. He also has a heavy emphasis on movement off the ball creating gaps either to play the ball into or to allow the attacking player to have freedom whilst on the ball. He likes to create overloads from a counter attacking perspective, often resulting in WBA going forward with 4/5 vs 3 scenarios and forces teams to become nervous to commit too many men forward as shown against us this season at our place and something that we are going to have to deal with often this next season. Not only does Corberan's structure and fluidity of style impress me but also the history they have got of getting results against the "big boys". Often WBA are the underdogs and thrive in that, he drew once and won once against Leeds, beat, and drew against Ipswich, and lost twice against us but I think any other day they would have at least got a draw in both games. That's 8 points from a possible 18 that you would argue they did not expect to get anything from nor did his side play like underdogs.

Potter – Like Cooper, Potter’s preferable style appears to be 3-4-2-1 but instead of inverted wingers, potter prefers to play with attacking wingbacks and two No.10’s behind the striker, straight away I think our personnel does not support this system and moves away from our strengths within the team. Potter’s team often have trouble to breakdown teams and depend heavily on possession-based football. I have seen many advocate for Potter but did not want Enzo, which for me is surprising as I see Potter’s style of play a more defensive version of Enzo’s just without the inverted full back. Potter also likes his forward players to be interchangeable often moving from left, to centre, to the right throughout the game. Other than Mavididi I do not think this suits our playing squad due to the majority of our attackers being restricted to just one position.

Overall, for our current financial circumstances, the most proven to perform in that category is Corberan. in terms of playing with that underdog mentality, your most proven is Corberan and in terms of playing style being most suitable to our current players, again I think Corberan is the most suitable candidate. For me, Corberan should be clear favourite for the job, and I still think Corberan has a lot more to show considering his whole managerial career he has had close to nothing to spend, if he gets access to some funds, who knows how much more efficient his teams can be compared to what they already are.

Thanks - really insightful, especially the comments about Cooper, who im at a bit of a loss with in terms of style. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

With them taking the fall for 2022/23, and Enzo taking all his staff with him, are there any coaches at the club?

If we didn't have a manager in place by the time pre season started, who would take the sessions? The sports science guys?

Or just one of the many coaches the club employs throughout the academy?

49 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Not again! Why do people keep quoting points deduction amounts that are just not going to happen.

I'm very interested to hear what you expect the outcome to be. I just don't know anymore.