Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

If Enzo and his backroom team do move to Chelsea, it is highly likely we willl pocket somewhere in the region of £15m as a group, if the club are sensible and target managers who are available or have a very low release clause than it does lessen the PSR pressures heading up to the end of June. 

Whilst i recognise Moyes is potentially a safe pair of hands and available I really cannot see the owner and the club moving away from the playing style. Therefore I think  we will target out of work managers of the ilk of Potter and Rosenior, I think Russell Martin will feature if Saints don’t go up and I think Corberan will also be considered if his release fee is pretty low. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

If Enzo and his backroom team do move to Chelsea, it is highly likely we willl pocket somewhere in the region of £15m as a group, if the club are sensible and target managers who are available or have a very low release clause than it does lessen the PSR pressures heading up to the end of June. 

Whilst i recognise Moyes is potentially a safe pair of hands and available I really cannot see the owner and the club moving away from the playing style. Therefore I think  we will target out of work managers of the ilk of Potter and Rosenior, I think Russell Martin will feature if Saints don’t go up and I think Corberan will also be considered if his release fee is pretty low. 

Playing style is quite often dictated by the type and quality of the actual players you have. A good manager will bring the best out of what he has available to him and employ suitable tactics commensurate with the quality and usually known tactics of the opposition on any given matchday.

It worries me, if it's true, that Top may be dictating a playing style, since when is he an expert? It sounds more like a child playing on Football Manager.

Leave managing to the manager unless you're going to back him with huge money which our club can't do even if they had it. You can't play champagne and oyster football with beer and chips players. 

57 minutes ago, mod hero said:

I like Moyes. He can also speak Spanish

But can he speak plain English ? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alanf0x said:

Let’s be honest, it’s a free hit for the season ahead. Favourites for the drop, if they keep us up, they get the freedom of the city, go down, points deduction too much to recover from.

Moyes for me. We need an experienced manger who has been and done premier league football. 

Shall we just not bother then? 

what’s the point if most fans can’t even be arsed to get behind the team….

Like a lot of us have said, it will be a maximum of 8 points, which is nothing really. Neither Everton or Forest went down, Everton not even close….. 8 points in the context of a season isn’t too much to overturn, and plus we’re likely not to get it until the winter, which we could well be comfortably clear of the relegation zone. 

There’s a lot of crap in the premier league bench why Forest are bobbing around like an un flushed turd. We just need to ensure we have a good summer.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Shall we just not bother then? 

what’s the point if most fans can’t even be arsed to get behind the team….

Like a lot of us have said, it will be a maximum of 8 points, which is nothing really. Neither Everton or Forest went down, Everton not even close….. 8 points in the context of a season isn’t too much to overturn, and plus we’re likely not to get it until the winter, which we could well be comfortably clear of the relegation zone. 

There’s a lot of crap in the premier league bench why Forest are bobbing around like an un flushed turd. We just need to ensure we have a good summer.

Appreciate your optimism, but 8 points is 3 more wins than the rest of the pack. Would require minimum of 12 wins which sounds easy across 38 games. But on the other hand we would need to beat the bottom 6 teams home and away for example of points required. 

Until we get a new DoF, I have no faith in the recruitment being enough to achieve the wins required to stay up.

We will need to sell before end of June and will be going up with a much weaker squad than the one we came down with (in my opinion). 

2 hours ago, Edwam1972 said:

I went to the Fanstore yesterday to pick up the new third kit (🔥) and noticed Top talking to Barry Fry in the car park. Coincidence perhaps???

I'd love him to be our Director of Football lol he can't do worse then Rudkin.

35 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So pocket the Chelsea money and put a caretaker in until the end of September. First of October re appoint Enzo after his sacking.

What a plan.

I'm actually very down for this suggestion lol

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Concerned who on earth the board will replace Enzo with. 

Can't imagine it'll be an exciting choice

Last time round they were recommended Maresca by people within the industry. It worked pretty well so I think they’ll be open to the suggestion. 

That said I think @Claudio Fannieri is on the money with his suggestions, even if they are less exciting. If they did ask about up and comers then Cuesta from Arsenal would be the guy. Pep Lijnders, Klopp’s number 2 might also have come up but he went to Salzburg. 

Carlos Corberan is only 41 and worked under Bielsa. I think he over performed with WBA big time this season. He’s probably the most well rounded in terms of excitement, experience, cost and availability so I think he might get it, though Rosenior available for nothing will make the board think. 

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Last time round they were recommended Maresca by people within the industry. It worked pretty well so I think they’ll be open to the suggestion. 

That said I think @Claudio Fannieri is on the money with his suggestions, even if they are less exciting. If they did ask about up and comers then Cuesta from Arsenal would be the guy. Pep Lijnders, Klopp’s number 2 might also have come up but he went to Salzburg. 

Carlos Corberan is only 41 and worked under Bielsa. I think he over performed with WBA big time this season. He’s probably the most well rounded in terms of excitement, experience, cost and availability so I think he might get it, though Rosenior available for nothing will make the board think. 

We’re in the Prem. I’d be surprised if it’s not a name. 

26 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

so we're currently still under embargo?

Yes, we are still classed as a Championship club the same as Luton are still a Premier League club. 

There is a certain day where it all switches over. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Concerned who on earth the board will replace Enzo with. 

Can't imagine it'll be an exciting choice

Why? They appointed Enzo. They appointed Rodgers (a very exciting appointment at the time)

• Like 1

God most of this thread is depressing. 

Fortunately I think most people and wrong and we will go for someone up and coming too. Possession football will definitely still be on the menu

• Like 2