Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Matt said:

Ok, and the argument against possession based football is its expensive to get the tools (players) suited to playing that way, an expense we are not allowed to afford, so neither way is ideal and we need to find a half way house rather than going balls deep down one route.

Hard to say really, I think it's good to have an identity and try and use that as a Base,  but you've got to be flexible haven't you 

Edited by ronnup

2 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

Also add a progressive JJ who we know can bomb forward with pace and make a decent cross and shot.  Hopefully he can finally be deprogrammed safely after Rodgers and Enzo. 

Another interesting thing I found is the way Corberan likes to use his fullbacks running more inside the winger, is very similar to the runs made by Ricardo when he was moved further up in midfield, so he already has knowledge of the movement required there.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

I just hope it’s not someone underwhelming like cooper, Bruce etc etc.

carlos or potter for me and then we can start cracking on with getting the squad ready for what’s gonna be one hell of a battle. A challenge even greater than the greatest escape season if we get hit with as much as 15 points!

Personally would prefer Cooper to Potter.

My personal order based of the most spoken about managers would be:

1) Corberan 

2) Cooper

3) Potter

4) Moyes

• Like 3

On 03/06/2024 at 14:25, Chocolate Teapot said:

If only we were all as smart as you eh Finners.

There wouldn’t be anything to worry about as we have 50m Winks and world class Daka to solve our problems 

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

There wouldn’t be anything to worry about as we have 50m Winks and world class Daka to solve our problems 

Any thoughts of big Nigerian Pearson making a return to Leicester. Just a thought 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OldBob said:

Baffles me how Potter is so highly rated on here..

•  Boring side ways football 

• The man himself has as much charisma as a scotch egg

• He complained that Brighton fans should stop telling the players to take a shot

• failed at Chelsea (can let him off on that I suppose)  

Obviously it’s a game of opinions but personally I think a lot of fans would prefer the team to get the ball up the pitch as fast possible. Why take 3 or 4 passes when you can do it one pass. Last season proved this for me. Promotion seasons are meant to be really enjoyable. It just wasn’t.

on that basis I hope we go with someone who doesn’t play this style of play

Bob, it’s not 1999 anymore, move on. 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I'm very interested to hear what you expect the outcome to be. I just don't know anymore.

Personally 6-8 , no more. I think it has been commented on numerous times we can’t get 15.

15 minutes ago, John rayner said:

Any thoughts of big Nigerian Pearson making a return to Leicester. Just a thought 

I would absolutely love a big Nigerian Pearson to take the reigns!

• Haha 1

Had a few wallops about my comments regarding the scotch egg. I may have spoken out of term and for that my sincerest apologies to those offended and the scotch eggs around the world. I retract my statement in that regard. 

I still stand by the rest of my views on Potter though.
And 1999 football can still win games in the modern game. Just needs a strong manager to buck the trend and implement it effectively 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

With them taking the fall for 2022/23, and Enzo taking all his staff with him, are there any coaches at the club?

If we didn't have a manager in place by the time pre season started, who would take the sessions? The sports science guys?

Birch? lol

"Good afternoon to the Leicester City players at the Seagrave..."

Edited by HybridFox

Anyone ever make a cup of tea and it just doesn’t hit the spot? Weird eh. Then other times you’re like “fvck that’s the best cup of tea ever”. It’s a funny old world. 

• Like 2