Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

The chap on WYS podcast has got Corberan tickling my fancy. 

tbf he’s the one name that I think everyone would be excited about. Which is very rare especially coming without any real success behind him. 

But he just has a recipe that most people would get behind and also seems like he would want to come and see out the project, even if it’s not going too well, due to our limitations and points deductions.  

As much as people like Sarri or Allegri being linked, they would jump ship as soon as things stop going their way. It would need to be a quick start or it would be disastrous. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Yeah, and there’s no rhyme or reason to it, you do everything the same and it’s just wrong. So disappointing when that happens. 

Exactly. It’s pure chance.  Just made an absolute cracker so all’s good. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Why RVN??

”So our 37 year old out of contract striker can learn off him”

Sorry, but that’s the worst justification for recruiting a manager ever! 

You should wash your mouth out with soap speaking about the GOAT like that. 

Also  @Nolucklcfc can do one laughing at your disgusting disrespectful post. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

For me he’s the standout option very good win percentage has won trophies far better than the likes of Cooper and Corberan

Didn't he turn the entire squad against him in doing so? That's why he left, none of the players wanted to play for him. 

It made me chuckle to hear people dismissing the credentials of Potter, Cooper, Moyes and Corberan, because I'd been pleasantly surprised to hear them even linked with the job.

I hadn't expected managers of that standing to want to shackle themselves to a club which has been accused of failing to communicate key matters to its past two permanent managers, and which is widely expected to be relegated after a potentially record-breaking points deduction. Not when all four could expect to be in contention for other EPL jobs in the near future, and when they'd be coming into an atmosphere which wasn't entirely welcoming to Maresca (even during a league-winning season), possibly on a promise that 'in principle, we'll stick with you if you go down'.

I honestly wonder how compatible that kind of assurance would be with the mood around the KP, and the likely mood over coming months. Any incoming boss can expect hostility to their playing style and an increasingly noxious atmosphere as relegation looms, to the point where the board are going to struggle to keep people on board unless they act. The chances of anything other than the sack or, if you're lucky, getting so far as to see relegation become reality, are minute. If you had a shot at literally any other top flight, or top-end FLC post - as these guys surely do - then it might be better for your career, and self-esteem, than us right now.

I'd expect most interest to come from people who are more desperate, less sought after, or perhaps unscrupulous enough to be willing to take the hit in exchange for a handsome pay-off. I'd imagine people with tenuous links to Pep Guardiola, or someone who's desperate (and malleable enough) to find any which 'way in' - I'm not sure if Van Nistelrooy comes into that category - to be more up our alley. I may be wrong, of course, and I'm sure some would be more excited by someone untested and exotic-sounding than by anyone who has previously bored them with their competence, but I'd be ecstatic if we attracted any of those names.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

It made me chuckle to hear people dismissing the credentials of Potter, Cooper, Moyes and Corberan, because I'd been pleasantly surprised to hear them even linked with the job.

I hadn't expected managers of that standing to want to shackle themselves to a club which has been accused of failing to communicate key matters to its past two permanent managers, and which is widely expected to be relegated after a potentially record-breaking points deduction. Not when all four could expect to be in contention for other EPL jobs in the near future, and when they'd be coming into an atmosphere which wasn't entirely welcoming to Maresca (even during a league-winning season), possibly on a promise that 'in principle, we'll stick with you if you go down'.

I honestly wonder how compatible that kind of assurance would be with the mood around the KP, and the likely mood over coming months. Any incoming boss can expect hostility to their playing style and an increasingly noxious atmosphere as relegation looms, to the point where the board are going to struggle to keep people on board unless they act. The chances of anything other than the sack or, if you're lucky, getting so far as to see relegation become reality, are minute. If you had a shot at literally any other top flight, or top-end FLC post - as these guys surely do - then it might be better for your career, and self-esteem, than us right now.

I'd expect most interest to come from people who are more desperate, less sought after, or perhaps unscrupulous enough to be willing to take the hit in exchange for a handsome pay-off. I'd imagine people with tenuous links to Pep Guardiola, or someone who's desperate (and malleable enough) to find any which 'way in' - I'm not sure if Van Nistelrooy comes into that category - to be more up our alley. I may be wrong, of course, and I'm sure some would be more excited by someone untested and exotic-sounding than by anyone who has previously bored them with their competence, but I'd be ecstatic if we attracted any of those names.

Give over, there are 20 jobs in the premier league , 15 of them are somewhat accessible. If you want one, we are offering one, deduction or not. Ok potter won’t be interested, turned us down once and probably will do again (overrated anyway IMO)  The other 3 and others like them will be interested for sure. Making it sound like the return of Martin Allen is our only option. 

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 4

Steve cooper has been offered the job 

he has asked for 48 hrs to discuss with family and his staff 

Security and safety are one of his concerns 

the issue about the structure of the clubs recruitment and his role in recruitment is another sticking point 

3 year deal offered, terms are not an issue and are agreeable, negotiations on going 

These are exclusive discussions and no other candidate being spoken to at this stage 

one of the major posters on this forum will verify that they were told this by me long before the sun broke the story 

Evens is buying money …: 

IMG_3583.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

the issue about the structure of the clubs recruitment and his role in recruitment is another sticking point 

3 year deal offered, terms are not an issue and are agreeable, negotiations on going 

These are exclusive discussions and no other candidate being spoken to at this stage 

one of the major posters on this forum will verify that they were told this by me long before the sun broke the story 

Evens is buying money …: 

IMG_3583.jpeg

nope

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Evens is buying money …: 

IMG_3583.jpeg

8/13 on skybet now 

Edited by jayfox26

26 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Evens is buying money …: 

IMG_3583.jpeg

Now that is disappointing 

• Like 3