Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

59 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

It’s silly that Cooper faces so much hostility here because one of his career stops was Forest. I don’t think he’ll ever get a fair shake from a big chunk of the fandom if he gets the gig.

Couldn’t care less about forest connections, or what he looks like. It’s the abysmal football he got forest playing. It might fluke a team staying up once but it ain’t a blue print, and let’s be right, he had some good players to work with. Hope I’m wrong and he does well but I’m so depressed about this one

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, enmac said:

Moyes also in the frame according to journo on Talksport.

I would certainly take Moyes rather than Cooper.

He has way more experience, and I think he would give us the best chance of staying up over not only Cooper, but anyone else that seems to be in the frame, and for this season, that really should be our only aim.

If it is Cooper, then the Notts Forest thing won't matter if he gets off to a good start, but if he doesn't it will give him less time to turn it round, before the fans turn. 

Not a fan of Coopers football, and more especially the way he had players constantly going down feigning injury in order to break the game up, and waste time.

Really didn't like that his goalkeepers kept getting cramp either!

Ultimately it will be what it will be, and whoever we end up with,we have to get behind them, and hope for the best, even if we may fear the worst.

Edited by smudger63

If it is Cooper, then I feel very meh about it. I can't get excited, but if it's the best we can do, then fine. I'll be backing him all the way as we have our backs against the wall. Not my first choice, but meh

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Steve cooper has been offered the job 

he has asked for 48 hrs to discuss with family and his staff 

Security and safety are one of his concerns 

the issue about the structure of the clubs recruitment and his role in recruitment is another sticking point 

3 year deal offered, terms are not an issue and are agreeable, negotiations on going 

These are exclusive discussions and no other candidate being spoken to at this stage 

one of the major posters on this forum will verify that they were told this by me long before the sun broke the story 

Evens is buying money …: 

IMG_3583.jpeg

Appreciate the information, appears this is far from a foregone conclusion as from the sound of it, there are a number of sticking points. 

interestingly not from the Wassarman stable, he is represented by CAA Base Ltd who also represent Maddison and Casadei. 

personally I still think it will be someone else, we always seem to have a name leaked as front runner and then they fall away, happened with Scott Parker last year,  Preki etc. 

Will be an interesting 48 hours or so to see what develops 

I assume by “security and safety” he means job security and uncertainty around points deduction? 

Surely can’t mean anything to do with the fact he managed forest and lives in Nottinghamshire still? 

All the forest fans I know worship him and hold it against the owner that he isn’t still

with them. 

Posted (edited)

If its Cooper we might as well give up now, 3rd rate Championship manager.

Look at his Premier League stats, you would have to be a complete moron to employ that useless sack of shit.

He kept Forest up only by the virtue that we were shit. 

I would say our survival chances are zero under that clueless muppet. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, nettle said:

i don't think it will be Cooper he doesn't strike me as a manger top would want. 

He doesn't really fill any of Top's usual criteria i.e style of play, big or associated name, previous club experience etc etc 

#AnyonebutCooper 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

3 hours ago, guest123 said:

Couldn’t care less about forest connections, or what he looks like. It’s the abysmal football he got forest playing. It might fluke a team staying up once but it ain’t a blue print, and let’s be right, he had some good players to work with. Hope I’m wrong and he does well but I’m so depressed about this one

This! It's that he is a genuinely bad manager.

Look at his Premier League win rate it's horrific.

Employing him says 1 thing - Championship football and oblivion. 

If it’s cooper, it wouldn’t be my choice. But we have to go into the season united and behind whoever it is. The adversity in terms of points we need to be together.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Steve cooper has been offered the job 

he has asked for 48 hrs to discuss with family and his staff 

Security and safety are one of his concerns 

the issue about the structure of the clubs recruitment and his role in recruitment is another sticking point 

3 year deal offered, terms are not an issue and are agreeable, negotiations on going 

These are exclusive discussions and no other candidate being spoken to at this stage 

one of the major posters on this forum will verify that they were told this by me long before the sun broke the story 

Evens is buying money …: 

IMG_3583.jpeg

You did indeed tell me this a few days ago.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

If its Cooper we might as well give up now, 3rd rate Championship manager.

Look at his Premier League stats, you would have to be a complete moron to employ that useless sack of shit.

He kept Forest up only by the virtue that we were shit. 

I would say our survival chances are zero under that clueless muppet. 

Stop sitting on the fence....do you want him or not?

• Haha 2

Just now, chapero82 said:

I can’t believe people are happy with Cooper lol 

He was sacked for 1 win in 13!

Just to piss off the Redshite for giggles lol is probably there thinking..

He’s incompetent though and if we hire Cooper we have signed our relegation warrant imo

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Stop sitting on the fence....do you want him or not?

Haha no.

I genuinely think it could be one of the worst managerial appointments ever made by any top flight club. I'd probably rather have Steve Gerrard or Lampard.

The guys statistics are just flat crap. At best he is a mediocre Championship manager, who punched slightly above his weight. 

Uninspiring negative shit. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

Posted (edited)

If its Cooper lets hope he has got it because he interviewed the best amongst several candidates showing the best plan and strategy etc. Please don't tell me he got it because he once 'kept forest up', because if we had done our job properly we would have made it much more difficult for them.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I can’t believe people are happy with Cooper lol 

He was sacked for 1 win in 13!

Same it's an absolute disgrace, he is a terrible football manager in the Premier League, not one stat tells me otherwise.

There are at least 3 other better managers available who would at least get us competitive.

Under Cooper we will  be relegated, we will likely get a record points low and tge Forest fans will find it hilarious and call him 'agent cooper' when he takes us down with -5 points. 

• Like 2