Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

I think the perspective here is massive. You have a lot of unknowns at LCFC currently - appointing a manager perceived whose on his way down and salvaging his reparation rather than a manager on his way up, trying to build it just isn't a good luck. 

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I tick most of those boxes for the job as well to be fair 

1 Can we see a current photo
2 have you previoulsy managed Notts forest?

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Free, can get to work, experience. Ticks some boxes.

If they are going to go down that route, then Moyes ticks those boxes better than Cooper.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Cooper would be a could be worse, could be better, type of appointment. 

But I find it very disappointing how some fans completely disregard his success of developing youth. 

Look at the calibre of players he’s played a part in developing over the years. 

Sterling, Alexander-Arnold, Guehi, Foden, Hudson-Odoi, Sancho, Smith Rowe, Angel Gomes, Gibbs-White, Gallagher, Harwood-Bellis, Madueke, Rogers, Trafford, Palmer, Rodon, Spence, Garner, Johnson. 

If it is to be Cooper, then I hope we back him by getting a cluster of British talent through the door, so we can potentially have something to look forward to for the present and future of Leicester City. 

He’s not going to be developing young talent. Most of those are from his England youth coaching days, of course he’s going to have some footprint on them due to his job but he’s not developing anyone here.

in fact in the Prem he was reluctant to play younger ones (apart from Johnson who couldn’t be ignored). Hudson Odoi and Neco Williams only got played and decent after he left.

this is just a cheap option, I can’t see it ending well at all. His football at forest was terrible and just two away wins ever in the PL says a lot. 

Edited by Seventyseven
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

On the flipside of the coin, he absolutely humped Rodgers in that FA cup game. 

Again, the barometer is Rodgers here, whom many were against, tactically outclassing Steve Cooper. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wouldn't worry, we have the most passive and pathetic match going fan base in regards to tolerating under performance on and off the field.

We have a fan base that literally let Brendan set fire to the club because they considered him elite and thus we were 'lucky to have him', and then almost vehemently hated Enzo because we didn't smash all Championship records. I'm not buying that it was due to Enzo's interviews - Brendan slated the club and the owners and our fans sat there and took it because of who he was.   We are a fan base that would be ok with Moyes being bottom of the table because he's a 'safe pair of hands' and once managed Man U,  but Cooper would be given a few games before we went all Enzo on him. For our fan base, Cooper is a massive risk.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

He’s not going to be developing young talent. Most of those are from his England youth coaching days, of course he’s going to have some footprint on them due to his job but he’s not developing anyone here.

in fact in the Prem he was reluctant to play younger ones (apart from Johnson who couldn’t be ignored). Hudson Odoi and Neco Williams only got played and decent after he left.

this is just a cheap option, I can’t see it ending well at all. His football at forest was terrible and just two away wins ever in the PL says a lot. 

This alone should be a big swerve let alone the rest. 

3-5-9 record last season in the PL, 0.82 PPG.

22/23

Matches W D L Goals Points PPM
37 8 11 18 37:68 35 0.9

If we get > -8 we could actually trouble Derby’s record with this dosser 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iran said:

Again, the barometer is Rodgers here, whom many were against, tactically outclassing Steve Cooper. 

Innit, a coffee machine could tactically outclass Rodgers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

If he applied for the job and we have agreed terms etc. Why does he need 48 hours to decide? Did he not make these decisions before putting his name forward? 

Makes sense to me that you would hold talks to make sure you're largely on the same page as each other before then going away to make a final decision.

Probably isn't going be the most inspiring football but might keep us up. It's not very forward thinking, but maybe a reality check of where we actually are these days? 

22 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Do they give refunds on season tickets if you ask pre-season btw? Asking for a friend.

You need to let your friend build self confidence and start doing things for himself. He's never gonna be independent if you do everything for him.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I think this is precisely what worries me.

In some ways it shouldn’t matter, but it probably will make a difference.

We, like most football clubs, have a very fickle fan base, but usually a manager would be afforded a short grace period. If this starts badly, however, I could see many becoming very negative, very quickly. 

This is the same fanbase that applauded Rodgers and the players for taking us down lol

We’ll do nish. 

1 minute ago, Seventyseven said:

this is just a cheap option, I can’t see it ending well at all. 

You say that as if it’s some kind of certainty, which of course it isn’t. 

Just look at some of the players he had at Swansea and Forest in the Championship. He got a tune out of Rhian Brewster, Djed Spence and James Garner who played their best football under him. 

If he does come in, I’d want to see him backed in a certain manner. Numerous squad changes are going to be inevitable, I’d want to see a cluster of British talent come through the door, similar to how he operated at Swansea. 

If he comes in and our recruitment is wishy-washy, then I think he’s destined to fail.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I think the perspective here is massive. You have a lot of unknowns at LCFC currently - appointing a manager perceived whose on his way down and salvaging his reparation rather than a manager on his way up, trying to build it just isn't a good luck. 

He's 44, hardly on his way down 

9 hours ago, indierich06 said:

So he's been offered the job, but they're still negotiating, but he's not sure on recruitment, or his own safety (????) and he's just going to... ask his staff if they fancy it? Half the staff he's worked with in the past are in jobs. And the club are only speaking to one candidate, for one of the most crucial appointments in years. Is that the long and short of it? Christ. 

If it’s all true, it really spotlights the incompetence (again) at Board level

Just now, 5waller5 said:

If it’s all true, it really spotlights the incompetence (again) at Board level

Tbh that post has got more holes in it than a slice of swiss cheese. About 5 caveats he can use to explain why it didn't happen if it's someone else.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, K789 said:

He's 44, hardly on his way down 

Perspection is he's a manager who failed to be successful in the Premier League. His reputation is on the down - not his age

By comparison, Corberan looks more attractive has we don't know if he would work in the Premier League. His reputation is on the up after a good season with WBA. 

Get behind him. 

I can look past the Forest connection. It's not like he's coming directly from there or that he's been there several years and suddenly jumping ship. 

In any case, turned out alright with Morgan who did fill that criteria. 

If he can keep us up despite the points deductions and squad perhaps being weakened then so be it. 

• Like 4