Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

Steve McClaren can speak with a Dutch accent. That'll do. Gerrrrriiiinnnn

Oh my god.

Enzo goes to Chelsea.

Ten Hag sacked by United.

Mckenna goes to United.

Ten Hag’s assistant applies for the Leicester job. 

Leicester’s board:

”PL experience”

”international experience”

”European experience”

Top to Rudkin: “Gerrrim!”

13 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Why? They appointed Enzo. They appointed Rodgers (a very exciting appointment at the time)

They appointed Dean Smith, by all means nearly appointed Scott Parker. 

Have driven the club into an abysmal financial position, refused to make the sacking decision which ultimately got us relegated.

Do you want me to continue? 

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Last time round they were recommended Maresca by people within the industry. It worked pretty well so I think they’ll be open to the suggestion. 

That said I think @Claudio Fannieri is on the money with his suggestions, even if they are less exciting. If they did ask about up and comers then Cuesta from Arsenal would be the guy. Pep Lijnders, Klopp’s number 2 might also have come up but he went to Salzburg. 

Carlos Corberan is only 41 and worked under Bielsa. I think he over performed with WBA big time this season. He’s probably the most well rounded in terms of excitement, experience, cost and availability so I think he might get it, though Rosenior available for nothing will make the board think. 

Historically there have always been murmurs that leadership always always wanted someone with Premier League experience. This obviously shifted once relegated, but it will be interesting to see if the Enzo experiment has changed their thinking now we are back in the Prem. Part of me thinks that will still be a barrier to bringing someone like Corberan or Rosenior in now we are back. I'm less keen on Rosenior as i think he actually had a much better squad and probably should have made the playoffs. I think Corberan overachieved and i love his energy.

Like a lot of posters on here, i think they will initially gravitate to Moyes and Potter and if one one of those is up for it it will be job done.  You would think Potter would fancy a sniff now we are back in the Prem and have shown a bit of ambition in getting here. None of the big Clubs seem to be interested in Potter so he's going to have to get back out there and prove his worth again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Historically there have always been murmurs that leadership always always wanted someone with Premier League experience. This obviously shifted once relegated, but it will be interesting to see if the Enzo experiment has changed their thinking now we are back in the Prem. Part of me thinks that will still be a barrier to bringing someone like Corberan or Rosenior in now we are back. I'm less keen on Rosenior as i think he actually had a much better squad and probably should have made the playoffs. I think Corberan overachieved and i love his energy.

Like a lot of posters on here, i think they will initially gravitate to Moyes and Potter and if one one of those is up for it it will be job done.  You would think Potter would fancy a sniff now we are back in the Prem and have shown a bit of ambition in getting here. None of the big Clubs seem to be interested in Potter so he's going to have to get back out there and prove his worth again.

I'm unsure on what Potters thoughts are. He's rejected a few fairly big sides now

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Have driven the club into an abysmal financial position, refused to make the sacking decision which ultimately got us relegated.

All these things existed this time last season, when we appointed Enzo who, for better of for worse, was an exciting appointment.

Id prioritise a pragmatic manager, personally. There's managers not much further than the end of our nose that would have as good a chance at keeping us in the PL, if not a better chance.

I'd prefer to keep Enzo, by the way, but with or without him we're looking at a likely relegation again at which point he'd be gone anyway. 

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm unsure on what Potters thoughts are. He's rejected a few fairly big sides now

Has he though? Do we know what he has actually turned down (other than us) beyond being mentioned in the press?

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Has he though? Do we know what he has actually turned down (other than us) beyond being mentioned in the press?

Believe he rejected the Ajax job, the nice job (potentially another french club) then the rejections of us and Southampton 

On 22/05/2024 at 17:12, foxile5 said:

I don't think we'll be in any danger myself but if he were to leave Potter should be high up on the list.

McKenna seems to have something about him but I think it would be a) difficult to get him and b) a bit of a risk given our situation. 

In order of difficulty recruiting as our next manager (in the exceptionally unlikely event of EM joining Chelsea) -

1.McKenna

2.Potter

3.Guardiola

4.Bobby Robson

Personally I'd like to see Potter here but he has bigger fish to fry sadly, likely to be Moyes or possibly Corberan with Robins, Rohl and Carrick as other ok uk options.

But it wont happen cos even if McKenna says no, the insanity called Chelsea wont take a wild punt on Enzo... 🤔... Will they?

Posted (edited)

Despite our current situation, it still feels like the club would go for style over pragmatism. I think in the main, this is why people wouldn't be gutted if Enzo left because there are doubts as to whether he would be pragmatic enough next season. Of course would prefer him to stay but even if he does, all this speculation will hardly be an ideal start to pre-season.

Edited by AlexFT

25 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I've got to say I think Potter is extremely overrated. However, given that as a club we've regressed from expecting to qualify for Europe to being thankful to remain in the division, I think he'd be a great choice for us right now.

He turned down Ajax becuase they didn't offer him enough though, which might mean he thinks he's barry big bollocks now and only wants top jobs / pay. Whoever we appoint, I want to see a hungry manager that wants to make a name for themsleves.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Believe he rejected the Ajax job, the nice job (potentially another french club) then the rejections of us and Southampton 

To be fair - you can understand all of those.

Just now, Chelmofox said:

To be fair - you can understand all of those.

For sure, all have reasoning behind them. I was just intrigued what he'd be looking for in a role.

Ajax has the pedigree, the youth prospects and the style he'd utilise. Nice has the pockets and the time probably. Both great places to rebuild reputation 

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

I've got to say I think Potter is extremely overrated. However, given that as a club we've regressed from expecting to qualify for Europe to being thankful to remain in the division, I think he'd be a great choice for us right now.

He turned down Ajax becuase they didn't offer him enough though, which might mean he thinks he's barry big bollocks now and only wants top jobs / pay. Whoever we appoint, I want to see a hungry manager that wants to make a name for themsleves.

Agree on all that. My historical posts show that i thought Potter was overrated, but he's got to get back in the game at some point and i think the big clubs in England are passing him by. Would love us to appoint a manager on the way up, but like Enzo, you have to accept that if they succeed then the big boys will come calling one day.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Jessi ****ing Marsch

Posted (edited)

Russell Martin is a shit Enzo. His teams gernally have a pathetic rollover mentality. 

To be honest, its unlikely but id possibly look at Frank, hes done wel lat Brentford with not a huge budget, pretty limited club in terms of progressing from where they are now. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

42 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Think really Ajax this summer want to install a backroom staff of their own - therefore Potter can't bring his big backroom with him. Ajax are trying to sort themselves out in terms of synergy between head coach to sporting director/DoF. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Russell Martin is a shit Enzo. His teams gernally have a pathetic rollover mentality. 

To be honest, its unlikely but id possibly look at Frank, hes done wel lat Brentford with not a huge budget, pretty limited club in terms of progressing from where they are now. 

And he would leave Brentford for Leicester why?

• Like 2