Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

11 hours ago, RoboFox said:

The chap on WYS podcast has got Corberan tickling my fancy. 

Yes, just listened to it and he would now be my favourite too. 

Hoping for Corberan, expecting Cooper. 

For me, if Cooper gets us relegated then he is finished in top flight management, so he has to make this work. I think someone like Moyes would always be able to get another job no matter what.

Forest connection doesn't bother me, his inabilty to win away is the massive concern.

• Like 3

Just now, Chelmofox said:

For me, if Cooper gets us relegated then he is finished in top flight management, so he has to make this work. I think someone like Moyes would always be able to get another job no matter what.

Forest connection doesn't bother me, his inabilty to win away is the massive concern.

I don’t care about Cooper, we need to think about LCFC we will be finished if we get relegated again! We need someone more experienced at premier league level, I would say Rafa / Moyes would be far better candidates.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

If he applied for the job and we have agreed terms etc. Why does he need 48 hours to decide? Did he not make these decisions before putting his name forward? 

Because a suppose ITK is guessing and hasn't really got a f**king  scooby doo and made most of it up

Edited by nettle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

First game of the season, Forest away. We win 2-1. Myth put to bed in spectacular style! :D

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

If he applied for the job and we have agreed terms etc. Why does he need 48 hours to decide? Did he not make these decisions before putting his name forward? 

Because when you're making up ITK lies for clout on an internet forum, you have to make yourself sound as much like Fabrizio Romano as possible, and that includes adding weird nonsensical details that don't really make any sense or stand up to any scrutiny.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Yes, this stands out as a major red flag for Cooper. However, it's worth noting that this is a problem that seems to have only afflicted him in the PL. In Forest's promotion season, they had the second best away record (they came 9th in the home form table). In his two seasons with Swansea, they came 5th and 3rd respectively in the away record table. So it's not like he's a manager who has always relied on home form - he just didn't find a way to set Forest up away in the PL. Still concerning, but perhaps more nuanced than saying he has an 'inability to win away'.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Tbh that post has got more holes in it than a slice of swiss cheese. About 5 caveats he can use to explain why it didn't happen if it's someone else.

Let’s hope he gets to use those caveats!

I think no matter who they bring in you will get a % of the fan base not happy. It could be we are basically preparing for a cut and run in the prem this season and Cooper is a cheaper option, it may be that he applied and has told and shown them plans that he believes will get us from a possible -15 to 40. We will have to see. Club won't look at rivalries obviously and as someone posted recently, there is no loyalty in football. If he comes here and is the mesiash, great! If it goes belly up you know the Forest fans will give us a ribbing for a few years. So be it. 

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It is a bit depressing that we've got so many pages just full of grown adults doing **** all bit trashing someone's physical appearance. 

Not entirely true. I’m  what used to be called a dwarf :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Is there an official source anywhere confirming that Cooper is the favourite.

That means ….

to those who won’t have him because of  forest - would you have refused clough in the mid eighties ???