Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 minute ago, ramboacdc said:

I think no matter who they bring in you will get a % of the fan base not happy. It could be we are basically preparing for a cut and run in the prem this season and Cooper is a cheaper option, it may be that he applied and has told and shown them plans that he believes will get us from a possible -15 to 40. We will have to see. Club won't look at rivalries obviously and as someone posted recently, there is no loyalty in football. If he comes here and is the mesiash, great! If it goes belly up you know the Forest fans will give us a ribbing for a few years. So be it. 

For the love of God, will people please stop referring to minus 15 points as if there's any chance it could actually happen...

• Like 2

I've accepted our fate. 

Our golden age is over. Brendan Rodgers saw to that personally with the full support of the board.  

The club is regressing, Cooper is a relegation-fodder calibre manager and that's exactly what we'll be this season. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Comments about the bloke's looks and hating his Forest connection is juvenile. Fair enough to have doubts about his ability and record but if Cooper gets the job he needs the fans support 

I don't disagree but getting a manager in where he will have to win sections of the fans over from the start is just adding to the list of handicaps that the next Leicester manager will have to take on.

We as a fan base have shown that things get toxic when we're not 100% happy. You only have to look at what certain fans thought of last season. IF we don't start the season well then fans will turn on the manager. Him being loved by Forest fans will only serve as fuel to the fire. 

Cooper won't give us the 'Leicester vs the world' mentality that we need if we're going to stay up. We need a manager that connects with the fans immediately and I don't think he will.

If he comes in and flops in the same way he did when he first had Forest in the Premier League then we'll be down by October. We can't afford to have a slow start.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Way too much of an OTT reaction to cooper. Is he our first choice as fans? No but he’s nowhere near as bad as people are making out here. 

No he isn't, Here's  three names you'd have wanted in your team - Gerard, Lampard and Rooney.

As your Manager?........

"Hello Mr. Cooper, meet Dr Smith Leicester citys resident cosmetic surgeon"

Just now, HybridFox said:

The guy's a kid if I'm not wrong? So likely not

He may not be reliable, but I find it more plausible that we're talking to several candidates than we've just gone all in on Cooper without considering other options.  

Posted (edited)

Just my own opinion, but lets all try to be realistic about the situation.  Potentially we have to face

• the possibility of sanctions and a likely points deduction at a yet undetermined level
  • the possibility of having to sell playing assets to limit further breaches
  • replace the manager and adopt a potentially new playing style and philosophy before the start of the season

Whoever takes the position is going to be up against it.  We can decide to either support them, or not, depending on your preference.

I, for one will, start the season knowing that its going to be a tough journey, but I will carry a spark of hope for another 'Great Escape'!!

Edited by ScotFox1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I've accepted our fate. 

Our golden age is over. Brendan Rodgers saw to that personally with the full support of the board.  

The club is regressing, Cooper is a relegation-fodder calibre manager and that's exactly what we'll be this season. 

I can't help but agree with this

We had our chance and we blew it

• Like 2

If we’re winless after 8 games with Cooper we’d have to sack him anyway so the idea that he’s free doesn’t really land. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I've accepted our fate. 

Unfortunately I think you’re absolutely right and we now have to recalibrate our expectations.

It’s really sad, the well run club died with Khun Vichai

Just get Pearson back and be done with it.

He can be our Billy Davies - though he hopefully won’t do what Davies did in his sixth or seventh Forest spell, going mad, sacking the tea ladies and employing his beefwitted brother as an advisor.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes, this stands out as a major red flag for Cooper. However, it's worth noting that this is a problem that seems to have only afflicted him in the PL. In Forest's promotion season, they had the second best away record (they came 9th in the home form table). In his two seasons with Swansea, they came 5th and 3rd respectively in the away record table. So it's not like he's a manager who has always relied on home form - he just didn't find a way to set Forest up away in the PL. Still concerning, but perhaps more nuanced than saying he has an 'inability to win away'.

Think you've identified his managerial position in football, Championship manager at best, lacking in the Premiership. Lucky to stay up in his 1st season, sacked in his 2nd.

• Like 1