Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

If we’re winless after 8 games with Cooper we’d have to sack him anyway so the idea that he’s free doesn’t really land. 

In the relegation season our opening was:

W1 D2 L7

So I'm not so sure...

4 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

And that’s from someone happy with Nuno, who Wolves fans love but found the football dull!!! 

Isn't that potentially the kind of pragmatism and flexibility a lot of fans are calling for? Given the players he had, he played like that?

4 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

W1 D2 L7

So I'm not so sure...

And the one win was against..... Steve Cooper's forest.

I'm pretty resigned to us going straight back down if he's the choice.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Cooper hasn’t really done anything more than someone like Chris Wilder. It clicked for him at one club, things fell right.  

There is nothing that makes him look a good fit for us. It’s a ridiculously lazy appointment, going for someone free and local. 

I genuinely thought we had turned a corner but after Enzos comments it  perhaps the club don’t want a disrupter, so have gone for a man who put up with the mad greek! 

Edited by Lambert09

I just find it hard to believe that Cooper is the main target and has been offered the job whilst all the actual ITK's (Fabrizio, Sacha Tavolieri and Percy) have been reporting mainly about Corberan. Especially with Tavolieri stating Corberan is keen to join us and turned down Burnley as a result of his interest. 

2 minutes ago, John rayner said:

I've just heard that Moyes is now interested in taking the job 

I'd rather Nigerian Pearson

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I just find it hard to believe that Cooper is the main target and has been offered the job whilst all the actual ITK's (Fabrizio, Sacha Tavolieri and Percy) have been reporting mainly about Corberan. Especially with Tavolieri stating Corberan is keen to join us and turned down Burnley as a result of his interest. 

He probably is being considered. I’d imagine we really can’t afford to spend millions on a manager buy out. He’s (Corberan) clearly the best option but maybe not the cheapest option. We’ve know for a while how shafted we are due to PSR. 

15 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

W1 D2 L7

So I'm not so sure...

We didn’t have a points deduction 

There isn’t going to be a perfect solution and people talking about needing a manager who can restore us to top eight are, not to put too fine a point on it, deluded. 

At best, we’ll get a pragmatic manager who can build on the Enzo foundations rather than ripping it all up and starting again. 

We need a manager who can work with next to no money while we get the finances straight and we need someone who has the confidence and experience to withstand the inevitable setbacks we’ll face next season.

Cooper has the advantage of having been through that kind of season already, nothing will phase Moyes, Corberan - although I think he’s the best coach - would be operating at a new level.

Fans fretting about formations and styles of play really are missing the point.Season  24-25 is about 40+ points. Anything else is a bonus. 

15 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

shitting ****

Could you make your abusive insults a bit clearer please Mr Pro?

Does the **** mean cnut, tawt or fcuk?

(Or something else entirely?)

Just now, J. James said:

Could you make your abusive insults a bit clearer please Mr Pro?

Does the **** mean cnut, tawt or fcuk?

(Or something else entirely?)

fcuk.

Said in much the same vein as  Friday Night Dinner 'shit on it'.

I also find it hard to believe that the process will have already been completed, history shows we have always taken our time when it comes to employing a manager and give all candidates a thorough opportunity to detail what there plans would look like, for example wasn't Enzo's interview hours long? 

I find it strange how Lineker has mentioned so many possibilities as to why Cooper has to debate whether to take the job, especially considering he was the one applying for it. Seems to me that there have been many possibilities mentioned to lean back on and state "Cooper didn't feel he had security with regards to this" incase someone else gets employed. 

I personally don't believe Corberan's £4m release clause would be an issue should the club want him either, still leaves the club at a minimum of plus £5/£6m from managerial  and staff change that they had not accounted for heading into the season. 

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

He was 12/1 earlier this morning, now at sixes.

I mean, odds are basically meaningless. A couple of baseless tweets, people take a punt, it means nothing. If some random journo tweeted that we were in conversations with Sam Allardyce, his odds would move, but it doesn't mean it's happening.

Do we think Moyes might fulfil a Puel-style transitional role? A steady hand to oversee a bit of an overhaul before someone else comes in?

For all of his faults, Puel left us in a much better place than when he arrived

• Like 3