Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

3 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Man, I do not understand the love for Moyes, it would be absolutely turgid, dreadful stuff.

He’s the best option far better than Cooper and Corberan imo 

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

He’s the best option far better than Cooper and Corberan imo 

No he's not. Huge net spend at West Ham (even with the Rice sale), far better players than we have and horrific league form for 2 seasons. Hows he going to cope with far worse players and nothing to spend?

• Like 3

Just now, Chelmofox said:

No he's not. Huge net spend at West Ham (even with the Rice sale), far better players than we have and horrific league form for 2 seasons. Hows he going to cope with far worse players and nothing to spend?

Compared to the likes of Cooper and Corberan he is better, he’s experienced will keep us up.

I am not saying he’s elite but for the next two seasons we need someone to progress the club and he will do that imo

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Cooper hasn’t really done anything more than someone like Chris Wilder. It clicked for him at one club, things fell right.  

There is nothing that makes him look a good fit for us. It’s a ridiculously lazy appointment, going for someone free and local. 

I genuinely thought we had turned a corner but after Enzos comments it  perhaps the club don’t want a disrupter, so have gone for a man who put up with the mad greek! 

Would you be happy with Corberan? From what I can see, he's done less than Cooper so far.

6 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Man, I do not understand the love for Moyes, it would be absolutely turgid, dreadful stuff.

we have to work out what our priority is for this coming season.

with the impending points deduction, it has to be “ staying in the premier league”..

we have to go with whoever will give us the best option to do that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Cooper hasn’t really done anything more than someone like Chris Wilder. It clicked for him at one club, things fell right.  

There is nothing that makes him look a good fit for us. It’s a ridiculously lazy appointment, going for someone free and local. 

I genuinely thought we had turned a corner but after Enzos comments it  perhaps the club don’t want a disrupter, so have gone for a man who put up with the mad greek! 

I completely agree.

theres nothing at all that could make him look good,

There is a high percentage chance we go down this season, so getting a guy who has got a team promoted and kicked on to survival (Regardless of the "yeah buts..")

Can see logic in Cooper even if it is not inspiring

Just now, MPH said:

I completely agree.

theres nothing at all that could make him look good,

You know like I do, a large amount of "pissing about at the back" make everyone look good  :punk:

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Compared to the likes of Cooper and Corberan he is better, he’s experienced will keep us up.

I am not saying he’s elite but for the next two seasons we need someone to progress the club and he will do that imo

Do you believe Moyes would still be as effective knowing that we do not have the players to suit his style of play and likely to have no money to reshape the squad to accommodate his style? Respect your opinion just intrigued to know if you have given thought into this?

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

You know like I do, a large amount of "pissing about at the back" make everyone look good  :punk:

Not Steve, it wouldn’t, nothing would make him look good,

2 hours ago, v6rat said:

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Cooper was sacked because his results were sending Forest to the Championship, not a manager that I would want to see at Leicester.

Were they not 5 points clear of relegation when he was sacked?

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Moyes is finished. 

He’s only 61? Roy Hodgson was managing recently at Palace and he was in his 70s! 

For a season or two I don’t think Moyes would be a bad choice we need someone to keep us up and he’s experienced at this level.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

image.thumb.png.aa4d1a6a3ed69bbf006b5e59efdc1c64.png

If you wouldn't chop someones arm off to have this type of security in the premier league, then I'm not quite sure what you are expecting from us over the next few years.... 

in his entire Premier League career, he has finished lower than 16th on only 2 occasions. 

Edited by Greg2607
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Do you believe Moyes would still be as effective knowing that we do not have the players to suit his style of play and likely to have no money to reshape the squad to accommodate his style? Respect your opinion just intrigued to know if you have given thought into this?

We have a mix of experienced players in Vardy / Ricardo and some younger players.

I think his style of play would work for us on the whole, possession wouldn’t be the most defining feature but we would score a lot more goals and hopefully win more games.

We would probably concede a fair amount! But it’s too be expected.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Would you be happy with Corberan? From what I can see, he's done less than Cooper so far.

Personally what attracts me about Corberan is the environments he has had to work in financially during his time in england, are identical to the situation we are currently in. He is the most experienced and has the best CV with regards to performing under these circumstances compared to the rest of the options available to us. 

To clarify this does not mean I think he has the best accomplishments, as I acknowledge Cooper's championship season and Moyes' european trophy. 

I like Cooper. Was academy director at Liverpool, won the under 17’s World Cup with England, galvanised Forest after losing 6 out of their first 7 games to eventually get them promoted.

Looked like he built good relationships with their supporters, something which I think a lot of people on here are crying out for. 

13 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I mean, odds are basically meaningless. A couple of baseless tweets, people take a punt, it means nothing. If some random journo tweeted that we were in conversations with Sam Allardyce, his odds would move, but it doesn't mean it's happening.

Yes I know, I unfortunately worked in a bookies before University and the smallest thing could alter a price. When Karanka left Middlesbrough, a man from the north-east came in out of the blue about a week before wanting to put 50 quid on him leaving. I rang the traders away from the counter and by the time I’d finished the call, the guy had apparently ran off. 

Cooper kept Forest up ahead of us, despite having to integrate a stupid number of players into his squad in the summer and January. He didn’t have a great start to the season but they were clear of relegation when he was fired. 
He is a very well respected coach, has proved able to integrate young players into the team and has both played some decent stuff whilst also finding ways to grind out results. 
Given the shit show behind the scenes at our club, the financial catastrophe we are in and the need to create a real siege mentality I don’t know how people are so dead against this appointment or think we are somehow going to appoint some of the names being thrown about. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

image.thumb.png.aa4d1a6a3ed69bbf006b5e59efdc1c64.png

If you wouldn't chop someones arm off to have this type of security in the premier league, then I'm not quite sure what you are expecting from us over the next few years.... 

Look at Moyes form 2nd half of the recent season. Look at last season. Horrific, with far, far, far more resources. This isn't the safe pair of hands people are pushing. Its someone who underachieved with what he had at his disposal.

Edited by Chelmofox

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

We have a mix of experienced players in Vardy / Ricardo and some younger players.

I think his style of play would work for us on the whole, possession wouldn’t be the most defining feature but we would score a lot more goals and hopefully win more games.

We would probably concede a fair amount! But it’s too be expected.

A key thing for me as to why Moyes would not work is his use of a target man is vital in the way his team plays. Countless times I have seen Antonio holding the ball up to allow West Ham to get up the field, and if he loses the ball they are instantly on the backfoot. We don't have that option within the squad nor do we have holding midfielders which are again vital is Moyes' defensive structure. 

It's not that I don't think Moyes himself would be a bad appointment, I just think the players we have available in key areas are completely opposite to what Moyes would need.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Chris Wilder probably achieved more finishing 9th with Sheffield United in his first PL season.

Edited by trooky