Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

There is a high percentage chance we go down this season, so getting a guy who has got a team promoted and kicked on to survival (Regardless of the "yeah buts..")

Can see logic in Cooper even if it is not inspiring

If we get relegated, there is absolutely no chance that the board won't stick the blame onto the manager and sack them. What else are they going to do? Accept responsibility for the mess they've put us in? 

• Like 1

If it's Cooper a lot of the fans will be pleasantly surprised by him after a few weeks. We need to back who ever comes in , not be against them before they've had a chance to do anything. Avoid relegation is the priority. Lot of our fans need to grow up and realise Leicester isn't a top 10 team anymore. We need to build ourselves back up again first , then eventually aim for bigger and better things. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

No he's not. Huge net spend at West Ham (even with the Rice sale), far better players than we have and horrific league form for 2 seasons. Hows he going to cope with far worse players and nothing to spend?

I agree with this, it wasn’t a plucky old West Ham team. They finished almost exactly where their budget allowed and probably under achieved. 

in last 5 years….

8) West Ham: £-233.57m
23/24: £29.9m (9th)

22/23: £-147.39m (14th)
21/22: £-60.06m (7th)
20/21: £-7.94m (6th)
19/20: £-54.97m (16th)

Cooper on the other hand, even worse…..

10) Nottingham Forest: £200.83m
23/24: £-42.16m (17th)
22/23: £-162.6m (16th)
21/22: £-5.23m (4th in Championship)
20/21: £521,000 (17th in Championship)
19/20: £8.33m (7th in Championship)

In my opinion, it would be silly to want either 😔

16 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

He’s the best option far better than Cooper and Corberan imo 

Genuinely why? He seems a boring, uninspired man with no discernible tactical style, whose fans mostly hated his football and were glad to see him go? 

10 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

He’s only 61? Roy Hodgson was managing recently at Palace and he was in his 70s! 

For a season or two I don’t think Moyes would be a bad choice we need someone to keep us up and he’s experienced at this level.

That's a good shout, Woy Hodgson

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DezFox said:

I agree with this, it wasn’t a plucky old West Ham team. They finished almost exactly where their budget allowed and probably under achieved. 

in last 5 years….

Which is why i want Corberan. But, in fairness to Cooper, Forest Net Spend came from a base of next to nothing.

• Like 2

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Which is why i want Corberan. But, in fairness to Cooper, Forest Net Spend came from a base of next to nothing.

Corberan for me also. Untested in this league but I think he could step up. 

• Like 1

I’m amazed how little of a fvck I give about whoever is appointed. I’m hoping the appointee will engender a twitch, because atm my enthusiasm for this club is completely flaccid. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The best option at this current moment for the club is to get a manager who won’t completely rip up what the bald bastard started last season. We’ve planned potential transfer targets for a possession style of football and we must keep building the squad in a cohesive manner. Not to mention we have an elite goalkeeper who plays like a midfielder and we have strong foundations of being a possession football team that plays out from the back. Any manager such as Moyes who won’t build on those foundations shouldn’t even get a look in. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Would you be happy with Corberan? From what I can see, he's done less than Cooper so far.

I haven't commented on Corberan, I've just said my preference is not Cooper. Nothing to do with him being ex Forest, I just don't think he is what we need right now.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

It is a bit depressing that we've got so many pages just full of grown adults doing **** all but trashing someone's physical appearance. 

Most of them probably far from Adonis 

Edited by Lako42

9 minutes ago, DezFox said:

in last 5 years….

You seem to believe we can pick and choose. This is not 2020 - the chance to manage an ambitious, well organised, reasonably generously funded Premier League club. It is an opportunity to gain a little bit of kudos by leading a club, under severe financial constraints, with a points deduction and a stale, ineffective boardroom, and save it from relegation. Not many managers need that on their CV and we have to embrace those who do. 

Posted (edited)

I'd be really interested to know what sort of player Cooper actually wants to sign. Because at Swansea, he loanded half of his Engalnd U17 team. Then at Forest, the ones you can distinguish as his signings were... once again... his U17 lads (CHO, Gibbs White etc) plus some from Swansea days. Also signed Panzo at Forest, another U17 lad.

He's also often relied on the same players. Re-signed loan players for another season at Swansea. Sam Surridge has followed him around. Gibbs White followed him around, Guehi etc.

They're all good players, but you'd say none of them are available anymore. This next job will be the first time he can't call upon his old faves, interested to see how he handles that.

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'd rather Nigerian Pearson

Than someone who has actual recent experience of getting into and winning a European trophy and over 50 points a season? 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

You seem to believe we can pick and choose. This is not 2020 - the chance to manage an ambitious, well organised, reasonably generously funded Premier League club. It is an opportunity to gain a little bit of kudos by leading a club, under severe financial constraints, with a points deduction and a stale, ineffective boardroom, and save it from relegation. Not many managers need that on their CV and we have to embrace those who do. 

Oh cool, Cooper and Moyes must be only 2 managers that are interested then. 😂

Edited by DezFox

Just now, Lako42 said:

Than someone who has actual recent experience of getting into and winning a European trophy and over 50 points a season? 

Think you missed quite a big joke yesterday mate... 

15 minutes ago, DezFox said:

in last 5 years….

Personally I think was the strategy from Forest's board mainly Marinakis.  Get lots a fresh blood in, roll the dice and will work somewhere down the line, risky, but kinda worked.  Cooper just had to manage alot of new players with all their own persona's, which is hard to do as you haven't built that connection from championship.  Can work initially, but then can fall flat, seeing the same face.  Think Cooper has something about him, he will surprise alot of people.  Build that team bond, and fight every game.  To SURVIVE!

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Were they not 5 points clear of relegation when he was sacked?

We all love a quote and stats, so here's why he got sacked.

"In total, Forest won 12 of their 55 Premier League games under the former Swansea City manager. However, only one of those victories came in their past 13 matches, leaving the former European Cup winners one place and five points above the relegation zone at the time of Cooper's exit"

Edited by v6rat
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1