Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'd be really interested to know what sort of player Cooper actually wants to sign. Because at Swansea, he loanded half of his Engalnd U17 team. Then at Forest, the ones you can distinguish as his signings were... once again... his U17 lads (CHO, Gibbs White etc) plus some from Swansea days. Also signed Panzo at Forest, another U17 lad.

He's also often relied on the same players. Re-signed loan players for another season at Swansea. Sam Surridge has followed him around. Gibbs White followed him around, Guehi etc.

They're all good players, but you'd say none of them are available anymore. This next job will be the first time he can't call upon his old faves, interested to see how he handles that.

If he is to be appointed, then I hope from his side and our recruitment side, that he taps into his strengths and is willing to come in with the main focus point of developing young talent. 

He’s shown in every job he’s been at, that he can get the best out of young talent. 

I hope him and the club would be willing to go down that road and stick to his roots, if not, then he isn’t the right manager for us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

For the love of God, will people please stop referring to minus 15 points as if there's any chance it could actually happen...

Just choose to ignore the word "possible" in there for dramatic effect did we? 

Either way, there is more than likely a deduction coming our way. The point still stands. 

12 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf whoever we get some of our fans will want him gone within a few week of the season before he's even been appointed or applied for the job 

FTFY

• Like 1

Another point worth making … cooper is interesting clubs in the premier league, if he was so horrendous as people are making out here, wouldn’t we be the only ones in for him? If he takes it, it shows he’s got the fight and desire for a really rough season ahead. I’d rather have that then a better manager who is half hearted (you know who I mean) 

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Another point worth making … cooper is interesting clubs in the premier league, if he was so horrendous as people are making out here, wouldn’t we be the only ones in for him? If he takes it, it shows he’s got the fight and desire for a really rough season ahead. I’d rather have that then a better manager who is half hearted (you know who I mean) 

What clubs? The Brighton link is tenuous. And we never know how much of that is just agent talk.

Id go for David Moyes, give him a one year rolling contract, hes got the tactical nounce at this level and hes not had to shabby career in the premier leauge 

I think if Cooper comes in he gets a 3 year deal which in a years time more than likely end up paying off ,  good manager but has he got the credentials to mastermind 1-0 wins ?  With the points deduction looming id deffo get Moyes in with his experiance  and lets face it Everton and West Ham are big clubs so hell be used to the pressure ...Iys gonna be a hell of a scrap but with Moyes in charge i thing we stand a chance 

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

What clubs? The Brighton link is tenuous. And we never know how much of that is just agent talk.

I thought this as there is only Brighton and us without a club unless I've missed someone leaving. I can't see Brighton going for Cooper, more likely they'd take Potter back 

Just now, VintageFox73 said:

Id go for David Moyes, give him a one year rolling contract, hes got the tactical nounce at this level and hes not had to shabby career in the premier leauge 

I think if Cooper comes in he gets a 3 year deal which in a years time more than likely end up paying off ,  good manager but has he got the credentials to mastermind 1-0 wins ?  With the points deduction looming id deffo get Moyes in with his experiance  and lets face it Everton and West Ham are big clubs so hell be used to the pressure ...Iys gonna be a hell of a scrap but with Moyes in charge i thing we stand a chance 

Not sure we are in a strong enough bargaining position to be offering people like Moyes a 1 year deal. He'd want at least 2, probably 3. 

15 minutes ago, v6rat said:

We all love a quote and stats, we here's why he got sacked.

"In total, Forest won 12 of their 55 Premier League games under the former Swansea City manager. However, only one of those victories came in their past 13 matches, leaving the former European Cup winners one place and five points above the relegation zone at the time of Cooper's exit"

I'm going to presume the other teams form was far worse below them then, considering they had only picked up 8 and 9 points in 17 games, so the notion he was getting them relegated is just supposition.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, v6rat said:

I haven't commented on Corberan, I've just said my preference is not Cooper. Nothing to do with him being ex Forest, I just don't think he is what we need right now.

I didn't ask you.

17 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Rob Edward’s anyone

not for me. Luton's swashbuckling style masked the fact they were pretty poor and often tactically inept and couldn't see out games when in front.

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Not sure we are in a strong enough bargaining position to be offering people like Moyes a 1 year deal. He'd want at least 2, probably 3. 

You Think ? .... if it wasnt for the looming points deduction i think wed be willing to offer that, but is it worth the risk all considerd 

Posted (edited)

Re: Cooper, I have a mate with quite close Forest connections. He says that although he's worshipped by the majority of their fanbase this is only because they couldn't believe he kept them up when he had basically no say on transfers and a lunatic owner but that he relied heavily on Brennan Johnson and MGW who were both flair players and made them look better than what they actually were and in most instances the football wasn't great. When he tried to play a more expansive style in his second season he was found out a bit which resulted in the poor form that lead to his sacking. Headline is that his flair players masked a poor style of play and apparently his substitutions were very poor in-game (remind you of someone!?).

But obviously Top and Co. see something else in him!

Edited by kingpower
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, kingfox said:

If he is to be appointed, then I hope from his side and our recruitment side, that he taps into his strengths and is willing to come in with the main focus point of developing young talent. 

He’s shown in every job he’s been at, that he can get the best out of young talent. 

I hope him and the club would be willing to go down that road and stick to his roots, if not, then he isn’t the right manager for us. 

Exactly this. I strongly believe that we need to give Alves, Braybrooke & Nelson first team football next season. Get the finances on an even keel and give these lads the chance to shine. There’s no reason they can’t. Bellingham has been given the chance from a young age. It’s timid thinking to send them out on loan. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t mind Cooper think he’d help some of our younger players develop help get a decent home atmosphere but I can’t look past Forests away form under Coops it was diabolical 

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

We can do better than Cooper can’t we ?

We could - IF we had people at the top of our Club that bothered to expand their knowledge of other European Leagues. There are better options out there - look what Palace did for example. Cooper shows total lack of imagination.

• Like 3