Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Me vs Babs all season then. Pick your sides, folks.

That’s if you Steve Cooper fans can pull yourselves away from watching your mrs with another man for 5 minutes.

**** off leicester. 

Do we need to get you some help buddy?

8 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Come on, I agree with most of what you're saying, and I think Cooper would be a good shout, but this in bold is a complete dismissal of Corberan's record.

Yes, Cooper took Forest from the dregs and got them promoted via the playoffs. I'd say Corberan did a better job getting Huddersfield to that playoff final in the first place - Cooper undoubtedly had a better squad at Forest than Corberan had at Huddersfield, and the playoff final that saw Forest go up was contentious to say the least - it could have been either of them.

Corberan's job at West Brom is probably the most comparable to what Cooper did with Forest in terms of similar squad quality - yes he missed out on promotion in the playoffs, but I'd say for both Cooper and Corberan, what's more interesting and useful as a barometer for success is what they did to take these teams from being underperformers to being among the best in the league, not how they performed in the playoff lottery.

I like him, but it's not that much more of a standout career. I'm being purposely slightly dismissive to hold a mirror up at the ones saying the same about Cooper. 

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

Do we need to get you some help buddy?

Please mate - it’s called any other football club would be in revolt. See you at the KP at 5?

• Haha 1

Cooper is a terrible idea not only will he get the club relegated he will bore the crap out of fans with dull football ..and that gormless expression he displays is enough to put me off my pie 🥧 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

I think most Including myself tbh are finding it hard to come to terms with what this club is now. Madness to think we we're favourites to win a european league 2-3 seasons ago and got into the semi finals only now to be told we can't afford to even look at potential managers in jobs as we can't afford it, even after receiving money from our previous manager. 

That's fair, it's hard to adjust to the fact we are here. But here we are. 

• Like 1

Love how most of the thread is saying how shit of an idea this is and then you get the odd person claiming he’s Mother Theresa.

What are we actually doing under Top and Rudkin

Just now, Stevie Synex said:

Probably not even for this thread as its not really on topic but I can't read all this about Cooper without saying this:-

Steve Cooper is a really genuine guy who cares about people and how they function as human beings. I say this because he still regularly visits my Nephew who is a Forest season ticket holder, lives locally and was diagnosed with MND in 2019.

Cooper met my Nephew during his first season with Forest and regularly calls into see him and spends time chatting with him about all things Forest, football, life. He doesn't need to and has other stuff going on but for me as I guy who has previously/recently spent time in the same room as him (Cooper) it does feel sad to read some of the stuff people on here write about a nice guy.

That doesn't solve the debate about who the next manager should be or whether Cooper is the right fit but I felt it time to give people some perspective on the guy as a human being.

Unfortunately he's burdened by the fact he's called Steve Cooper and Seve Coperious. A modicum of digging into him and you see there is a bit more than meets the eye in terms of his past, his style, his influences. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

After speaking with florest fans, Cooper doesn't have a plan b on tactics. Just like maresca. 🙄

He does its just the Plan B didn't actually work very well either when they got to the PL.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He does its just the Plan B didn't actually work very well either when they got to the PL.

Ric please pick me up off the floor here mate. This is a terrible idea isn’t it? Isn’t it????

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Copper took over Swansea in 10th, finished 6th and then 3rd before leaving. 

Took over Forest bottom of the Championship and finished 4th. 

Kept Forest in the premier league despite everyone on here writing them off. 

Was still 5 points clear of relegation when sacked. 

Anyone attempting to suggest that is the career of someone at least not competant as a football manager is off their head. He's not some over the hill manager, he's 44 the same age as Maresca. If he had Coopers CV people would be creaming themselves over him. 

We are not an attractive proposition to proven, high quality mangers without any sort of question mark over them. As I've said before, we are only attractive to people lower down the leagues, out of work managers, or total unknown risks. People might not like it, but we also need an eye on next season which has a high likelyhood of being in the championship. 

Corberan has potential, but so far he's just managed to not get two teams promoted. And each and every other option has potebtial issues and question marks. 

Stop it with your good points , there’s no place for it here. 

9 minutes ago, Stevie Synex said:

Probably not even for this thread as its not really on topic but I can't read all this about Cooper without saying this:-

Steve Cooper is a really genuine guy who cares about people and how they function as human beings. I say this because he still regularly visits my Nephew who is a Forest season ticket holder, lives locally and was diagnosed with MND in 2019.

Cooper met my Nephew during his first season with Forest and regularly calls into see him and spends time chatting with him about all things Forest, football, life. He doesn't need to and has other stuff going on but for me as I guy who has previously/recently spent time in the same room as him (Cooper) it does feel sad to read some of the stuff people on here write about a nice guy.

That doesn't solve the debate about who the next manager should be or whether Cooper is the right fit but I felt it time to give people some perspective on the guy as a human being.

As a person who has lost two close people to MND, I have a lot of respect for this. Massive props to him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Do we think Moyes might fulfil a Puel-style transitional role? A steady hand to oversee a bit of an overhaul before someone else comes in?

For all of his faults, Puel left us in a much better place than when he arrived

No.

10 minutes ago, PNM said:

Stop it with your good points , there’s no place for it here. 

I should also point out, that the manger he took over from at Swansea after they finihsed 10th was Graham Potter... after Potter went they improved under Cooper with the 6th and 4th finishes. 

I'm no giant Cooper fan, I'm pretty relaxed about the whole thing. The reaction has been ridiculous about him, hence my defence of the guy. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

After speaking with florest fans, Cooper doesn't have a plan b on tactics. Just like maresca. 🙄

The phrase 'Plan B' is a completely overused cliche in football. Fans generally mean it in a 'just do something different to what you are doing now'. Coaches and teams train to specific tactics (event the Dyche's of this world), and more often than not if you started playing a PL team with tactics you had not trained towards you are going to be in big trouble. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Compared to the likes of Cooper and Corberan he is better, he’s experienced will keep us up.

I am not saying he’s elite but for the next two seasons we need someone to progress the club and he will do that imo

Then perhaps we should look at Roy Hodgson. Haha. BUT he kept Palace up against the odds up twice, and no one has more experience. Plus available, no buy out, higher level than Moyes etc. Hmmm, thought so.

I wrote this when we had the poor run under Maresca and the forum was filled with comments calling for his head:

"I joined Foxestalk in May '18 so we are now on our third manager since I've been here:

Claude Puel - Awful manager. Boring, sideways. Not good enough for us. Didn't sack him quick enough.

Brendan Rodgers - Poison Dwarf. Fraud. Clueless. Bottlejob. Not good enough for us. Didn't sack him quick enough.

Enzo Maresca - Boring. I told you he was a shit appointment. Not good enough for us. Needs to go regardless of whether we go up.

There seems to regularly be a race to the bottom to see who can slag off the manager first and threads like this where everyone piles in to make sure it is recorded that they said the manager was c**p before things really go wrong and they are sacked."

I think people are outdoing themselves on this thread - so much abuse for Cooper/Moyes/Potter even before any appointment has been made. Particularly the bile towards Cooper ("Cooper isn't good enough for us", there will be a big disconnect with the fanbase if we appoint him).  Why can't people just get behind the manager whoever it is? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Would you be happy with Corberan? From what I can see, he's done less than Cooper so far.

I would say that his glass ceiling would be higher. 

I also think his style fits what we’ve been working on more.

Hes never had an opportunity in the top flight but I like what i’ve seen of him. 

So yes id be fully behind that. I just don’t think Cooper fits us, the logic doesn’t add up for me.  

Back to conceding from ever corner. Being happy to sit without the ball and keep your fingers crossed it doesn’t go in. (not going to work with our defence)

In total honesty, I wouldn’t be fully convinced if we were still in the championship 

Edited by Lambert09

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I should also point out, that the manger he took over from at Swansea after they finihsed 10th was Graham Potter... after Potter went they improved under Cooper with the 6th and 4th finishes. 

I'm no giant Cooper fan, I'm pretty relaxed about the whole thing. The reaction has been ridiculous about him, hence my defence of the guy. 

So he’s a decent Championship manager and apparently a nice guy. That’ll be pretty sound next year.

29 minutes ago, Stevie Synex said:

This forum is completely nuts. Many vociferously disliked Maresca when we were pissing the league and then after he won us the league on 97 pts. 
The next guy will get the same. 
Cooper sounds like a good guy who actively wants the job and has a good track record. 

• Like 1