Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

7 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

And he would leave Brentford for Leicester why?

Leicester are a bigger club historical and presently with more potential. Brentford a small fan base in a crowded London, overachieving. 

If this club gets it right we can certainly compete for Europe on a regular basis.

Obviously the club getting it right is the big issue.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Corberan being touted as replacement according to social media… if Enzo goes 

Whilst Enzo hasn't even gone, i would presume this is all agent talk right now. I think our board would go back to wanting PL experience for any new appointment.

31 minutes ago, hedersfox said:

Robbie Keane just won the league with only 3 losses with Macabi Tel Aviv and wants to manage in the prem .. be worth a shot imo

Hello Robbie! :wave:

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

My choice would be De Zerbi - Available and plays an attractive version of Enzoball.

If he left Brighton because he couldn't get what he wanted (recruitment etc), no chance he is going to come here. Any appointment we make is going to have to accept our predicament and rebuilt accordingly.

Also, DZ served up some of the worst sh1t in the PL 2nd half of the season. There was nothing attractive about it. His whing off had a touch of the Brendans about it, but luckily for Brighton fans their board was much more decisive that ours.

• Like 1

I wanted Corberan before we appointed Maresca, and he's only grown in my estimation this season.

I think he'd do well here and the fans would appreciate his pragmatic approach - although that is perhaps also the criticism you could level against him.

In my opinion, he's overachieved in his previous roles (the state of the now relegated Huddersfield squad he got to the playoffs!) and we'd be comfortably the best squad he's had to play with.

I'd be excited to see how it pans out if we appointed him.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

If he left Brighton because he couldn't get what he wanted (recruitment etc), no chance he is going to come here. Any appointment we make is going to have to accept our predicament and rebuilt accordingly.

Also, DZ served up some of the worst sh1t in the PL 2nd half of the season. There was nothing attractive about it. His whing off had a touch of the Brendans about it, but luckily for Brighton fans their board was much more decisive that ours.

Hmmmm these are good points, and that dents my enthusiasm for him.

In the positive column his style is so similar he’ll hit the ground running and be a slight evolution not revolution, and will have players he knows he wanted to sign that will fit our squad (in terms of price range and ability to play his style).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hedersfox said:

Robbie Keane just won the league with only 3 losses with Macabi Tel Aviv and wants to manage in the prem .. be worth a shot imo

We wouldn't go for him so doesn't matter, but I wouldn't enjoy the narrative if he joined from an Israeli club. I've already heard a few things on podcasts not very complimentary about the fact he's there. It'd pick up hugely if an English club employed him.

1 hour ago, hedersfox said:

Oh people are actually serious about this lol 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

We wouldn't go for him so doesn't matter, but I wouldn't enjoy the narrative if he joined from an Israeli club. I've already heard a few things on podcasts not very complimentary about the fact he's there. It'd pick up hugely if an English club employed him.

Nobody criticizes all the footballers and coaches who have joined the Saudi pro league...even through Saudi Arabia have been bombing Yemen for a decade resulting in 250,000 dead from war and starvation but everybody jumps on the Jewish state 🤷

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Nobody criticizes all the footballers and coaches who have joined the Saudi pro league...even through Saudi Arabia have been bombing Yemen for a decade resulting in 250,000 dead from war and starvation but everybody jumps on the Jewish state 🤷

I'm not here to derail the thread tbh with stuff like this so your whataboutery is actually quite unwelcome. I'm just saying that if a club appointed Robbie Keane this summer they would face a lot of criticism from pro-Palestinian people, and a he would be asked a lot of questions on what he things or why he stayed in Israel etc. Would probably be a "weather the storm" type of thing, but it'd happen.

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Think really Ajax this summer want to install a backroom staff of their own - therefore Potter can't bring his big backroom with him. Ajax are trying to sort themselves out in terms of synergy between head coach to sporting director/DoF. 

I don't think Potter is bad, I just don't think Potter would make the team achieve more than when we had Rodgers in charge. However, as we discuss this now the lofty heights of 5th place and cup wins seem a mile away! First task is safety if possible, then midtable, then pushing. Potter would be good at that and to be fair if you had the right coach, they could really stamp their authority and personality on the club and get the club playing your way from academy to first team. Potter could be someone like that.

Just can't see a relatively big name like Potter being interested, sadly. Our budget for the PL is going to be tiny, we're probably going to have to sell our best player(s) in the summer to avoid further PSR penalties in future and we're likely to get a big points deduction next season which will make staying up a real long shot. Best we can hope for is another young up and coming manager looking to make a step up and therefore willing to grab the opportunity even if they know the circumstances will be tough. I'd much rather that than going for tried and failed managers with previous PL experience, like Parker.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

My list to annoy all the football snobs on here. :)

Big Sam

Cooper

Moyes

Roy

Pearson

Wilder

Bruce

Mowbray

Love you still put Moyes in there.

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Russell Martin is a shit Enzo. His teams gernally have a pathetic rollover mentality. 

To be honest, its unlikely but id possibly look at Frank, hes done wel lat Brentford with not a huge budget, pretty limited club in terms of progressing from where they are now. 

Not a chance he’d leave one of the safest jobs in football for a dance with Rudkin.

He’s got a job for life there, I’d expect him to stay there until the National Danish job comes up or something.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

My list to annoy all the football snobs on here. :)

Big Sam

Cooper

Moyes

Roy

Pearson

Wilder

Bruce

Mowbray

Big Sam is done I think, two relegations back to back.

Steve Cooper is another one who could looking on his options, with his experience of already working within England under 21's setup and knowing some the current England players. He is probably on the shortlist. If it's choose between managing England or Leicester, even if your Welsh you'd take the England job.

Edited by Leicesterpool