Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I just think if it was Cooper he'd be in post by now, tbh. He's available, he'd bite our hand off for the chance, his last job was local, I assume there's very few complications.

He'd represent a significant change in strategy, he doesn't play the desired type of football. Surely the delay is that we're just taking our time to find Maresca mk 2. There's got to be a raft of other similar, young coaches with the footballing philosophy that the ownership want. We showed a willingness to trust one last year and it went great, we got promoted, just can't imagine we'd immediately change our approach now and hire someone that plays vastly different football. 

As cheap as Cooper might be in terms of salary and compensation, he'd be costly in that we'd presumably have to reshape some of the squad. Just doesn't seem likely really.

But it's good for us and good for Cooper if that's the main story the press and the rumour mill want to focus on so yknow. Cool.

Got me thinking the exact same thing.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It wasn't him spending it. This shouldn't be ignored - the amount of players coming in very likely made his job much harder, not easier. Chelsea have massively underperformed in recent years because their owners have adopted a similar policy.

It doesn't mean he's right for us, but I think it should be acknowledged that the working environment at Forest since they got promoted has been far from ideal.

A nut case wide boy chairman living out football manager with his scatter gun approach to recruitment and yet some still blame Cooper. He did well to manage that situation. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Ignoring the context of the money spent, how an earth is taking a team from the bottom to promotion, in a matter of months 'bang average'?

So we should just judge him on a good 6 months at Forest or his whole tenue? 

Do you think we should target a manager with a 20% win ratio in the PL? 

Edited by coolhandfox

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure if I’ve got the full context behind this as I’ve not read the entire thread but he didn’t just get them promoted, he got them up and then arguably did better than his replacement.

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

You’ve got this the wrong way round. He didn’t sign those wastemen. He managed to achieve what he achieved DESPITE the fat Greek’s imbecile son touring Europe with his dad’s chequebook and signing everything that moved.

58 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Of course I can't 'prove' it, but the general view among Forest fans is that those transfers in the summer of 2022 were being made above Cooper's head. There are even stories of him turning up to the training ground and not knowing who certain players were because they'd been signed without his input. Their transfer activity that summer had all the hallmarks of an owner going a bit mad rather than a planned strategy with full input from the manager.

People seem to blame or absolve managers on the transfer front to suit their narrative. 

Nuno Espírito Santo has a better win ratio and point per game at Forest in the PL than Cooper, I wouldn't want him either.  

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Not sure if I’ve got the full context behind this as I’ve not read the entire thread but he didn’t just get them promoted, he got them up and then arguably did better than his replacement.

Nuno Espírito Santo has a better win ratio and point per game at Forest in the PL than Cooper.

Points Per Game WIN %
Nuno Espírito Santo 1.08 26.92
Cooper 0.91 20.37
Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

The only options aren't man city's way or hoof ball though.

There's plenty of successful football teams that are more exciting than man city that don't play hoof ball. 

Yea Brendford and Bournemouth come to mind

20 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Do you think we should target a manager with a 20% win ratio in the PL? 

PL results wasnt really his fault was it.

18 minutes ago, Its_Stöner_Jakobsen said:

I love him and the football style he’s adopted from Pep/“Brazilian relationism” it’s just whether the club have the knowledge and bollocks to go for him. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Nuno Espírito Santo has a better win ratio and point per game at Forest in the PL than Cooper.

Points Per Game WIN %
Nuno Espírito Santo 1.08 26.92
Cooper 0.91 20.37

Fair, but which teams had Cooper already played etc in the second season?

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

He still got outperformed by Nuno Espírito Santo on win ratio and PPG. 

Nuno has a better more settled squad. Brendan Rodgers had a better win ratio than Claude puel in his first season, but could be said Rodgers benefitted from key players being signed and settled just as Puel left. I think Cooper is decent, not my first choice, but I don't think we're a particularly attractive proposition, I'm also coming round to Moyes as an option also

Look what Brighton are doing. Random name came out the blue yet again and going for the young St Pauli manager Fabian Hürzeler! Why can’t we do something like this ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Nuno has a better more settled squad. Brendan Rodgers had a better win ratio than Claude puel in his first season, but could be said Rodgers benefitted from key players being signed and settled just as Puel left. I think Cooper is decent, not my first choice, but I don't think we're a particularly attractive proposition, I'm also coming round to Moyes as an option also

They managed Forest in the same season.

6 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Look what Brighton are doing. Random name came out the blue yet again and going for the young St Pauli manager Fabian Hürzeler! Why can’t we do something like this ?

This does emphasize what people want and why some of the touted names for our job are seen as a disappointment...they're not the exciting unknown.

We shouldn't credit Brighton for an appointment they haven't made and could turn out to be shit!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

We still might. As others have said names like gerrard and Parker were mentioned and we went with enzo.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Good recruitment at brighton. Whilst weve still got Rudkin. 

27 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Because they have a switched on and dynamic board. We have a stale system and people who have put this club up the poo shoot