Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

I don't think Cooper woukd be too bad. Did well with England age groups. Did OK with a signing approach worse than Chelsea's and knitted together a good blend. 

Looks like he's 3 white wines in though. Which is ok when you're winning. Not when he's defending a 3-0 home loss where Vestergaard's arse has fallen off. 

10 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Good recruitment at brighton. Whilst weve still got Rudkin. 

We just had a manager that won us the league and netted us £10m. Are you skimming over the fact that Rudkin chose him? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Look what Brighton are doing. Random name came out the blue yet again and going for the young St Pauli manager Fabian Hürzeler! Why can’t we do something like this ?

Because we have Jon Rudkin in charge who wouldn’t have a clue who he is, and even if he did, wouldn’t have a clue how to get in touch with him unless he was being represented by John Morris

35 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Look what Brighton are doing. Random name came out the blue yet again and going for the young St Pauli manager Fabian Hürzeler! Why can’t we do something like this ?

They showed some bollocks appointing Maresca, still time to show some bollocks again by appointing either Rydstrom, Cuesta or Heitinga if they want to stick with a similar philosophy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

FM but the last time we had a real forest connection was Martin O'Neil and John Robertson and they were both fantastic 

I'll give him a go 

Wes? Not managerial l know... 

41 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

We are not in the same position as Brighton. We can not be gambling on a coach that's only ever managed in the second tier of German football. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I would say Moyes is the best bet 

Moyes is likely the most sensible appointment. But those running our club rarely do sensible.  There is some argument that their managerial appointments have been fairly reasonable. Even Rodgers was good until he got his nuts caught in his Gucci belt. Puel pretty much built the team Todgers had such success with. Maresca got us up whilst admittedly boring the pants off many of us. They have done well really. 

So maybe we will get someone ‘quite’ good. My concern, though, is that we are seriously unattractive at the moment and whoever comes will have a mountain of shit to climb. 

Would Moyes be up for that? I doubt it. It limits our options but does not quite destroy them. We still have hope until Cooper is announced. 

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

They showed some bollocks appointing Maresca, still time to show some bollocks again by appointing either Rydstrom, Cuesta or Heitinga if they want to stick with a similar philosophy. 

Maybe we're waiting to see who doesn't get the Brighton gig, and then approach their shortlist! Personally, haven't given up hope on Sarri but really like Rydstrom since you mentioned him @kingfox.

Cooper is such an unimaginative appointments, hoping he's a smokescreen/back up option. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

We are not in the same position as Brighton. We can not be gambling on a coach that's only ever managed in the second tier of German football. 

We gambled on one from the 2nd tier of Italian football!

• Like 2

If Steve Cooper gets the job then my season ticket gets sold! They'll be an uproar! Do you reckon the board sit around and think 'what's the best way to piss the fans off!?' Don't want any ex red shite scum as our manager!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

Straight out of Man City, with all of the connections he had. Plus we were in a position where we were entering a weaker division with major financial advantage over most of our competition.  

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Maybe we're waiting to see who doesn't get the Brighton gig, and then approach their shortlist! Personally, haven't given up hope on Sarri but really like Rydstrom since you mentioned him @kingfox.

Cooper is such an unimaginative appointments, hoping he's a smokescreen/back up option. 

We’re about to enter a PL season with a current squad that will be lucky to survive, let alone avoid relegation after an impending points deduction. We will be restricted financially. This is a time for pragmatism, not imagination, unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, JimJams said:

When we were in the second tier of English football...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

People seem to blame or absolve managers on the transfer front to suit their narrative. 

Nuno Espírito Santo has a better win ratio and point per game at Forest in the PL than Cooper, I wouldn't want him either.  

Cooper wasn’t blameless on the transfers.  It seems that he asked for Jonjo Shelvey, for example. 

But I think he’d do OK for you.  He’s adaptable, a good talent-spotter, and a good politician when dealing with fans, players, mad owners etc. 

Biggest risks from my POV would be:

- we weren’t just bad, we were APPALLING away from home in the PL under him.  

- I can see that he’d get less time from your fans than another manager would.  If Forest were to employ, say, Brendan Rodgers, it would be the same.  It’s hard to believe that a manager has a special bond with your club if he’s managed your rivals a year ago. Probably a different situation to MON, who’d not been at Forest for 10 years when you employed him; or Wes Morgan, who was an unknown defender 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

But he hates F@rest? 

To be fair, Cooper probably does too after dealing with their madman, crook of an owner. lol

For me this season is all about survival !! It's not a time to be plucking unknown commodities from obscure leagues.I don't need Rudkin & the board to be adventurous this time around.

11 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Did you think the same way when we brought in Martin or Big Wes?

MON was an exciting appointment that almost everyone (I knew anyway) wanted, not really the same as an average uninspiring manager that may be good enough for some

18 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Straight out of Man City, with all of the connections he had. Plus we were in a position where we were entering a weaker division with major financial advantage over most of our competition.  

We’re about to enter a PL season with a current squad that will be lucky to survive, let alone avoid relegation after an impending points deduction. We will be restricted financially. This is a time for pragmatism, not imagination, unfortunately. 

I get where you're coming from but a pragmatic choice is someone with a similar tactical approach to Maresca given we have a team that's been built to play progressive, possession-based football and limited funds to spend due to PSR, so can't afford a big changeover of players. 

8 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

As I stated the other day, in terms of style of managers, we’ve been very similar to Brighton since 2017.

Sarri is a pipe dream, just can’t see it happening. 

But it all depends which route we want to go down. The likes of Rydstrom, Cuesta & Heitinga would all be massive unknown gambles, but they come with similar philosophies that we’ve been used to since 2017. If Top wants to continue down that route, then one of those three make perfect sense. With the situation we find ourselves in though, is it the right time to continue with the same route, possibly not 😕

Cooper would be a proper middle of the road appointment. Personally I think he gets harshly criticised, he’s success with youth seems to get overlooked by many, when it could prove to be a huge positive if he is appointed. The kind of manager I wouldn’t be ecstatic for, but I’d be content with, especially if we back him by getting some British talent through the door 👍🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

They managed Forest in the same season.

It's my opinion that forest are full of ego players. As we know I think players and manager relationships can sometimes become stale, and it's either players move on or manager. It happened with Rodgers as we saw, so again, I don't think Coopers tenure with forest in the Prem was reflective of his abilities as a manager, fact is he pretty much did an Enzo, in fact he did better than that, as we had better players when Enzo came in.

36 minutes ago, Viva said:

We just had a manager that won us the league and netted us £10m. Are you skimming over the fact that Rudkin chose him? 

He didn't is my understanding 

Top was recommended him by another source 

If you look at the welcome video for Enzo it's very clear that Enzo and Rudkin never met or spoke before that video was shot