Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

21 minutes ago, ForestAreMagic said:

Cooper wasn’t blameless on the transfers.  It seems that he asked for Jonjo Shelvey, for example. 

But I think he’d do OK for you.  He’s adaptable, a good talent-spotter, and a good politician when dealing with fans, players, mad owners etc. 

Biggest risks from my POV would be:

- we weren’t just bad, we were APPALLING away from home in the PL under him.  

- I can see that he’d get less time from your fans than another manager would.  If Forest were to employ, say, Brendan Rodgers, it would be the same.  It’s hard to believe that a manager has a special bond with your club if he’s managed your rivals a year ago. Probably a different situation to MON, who’d not been at Forest for 10 years when you employed him; or Wes Morgan, who was an unknown defender 

What did you or the broader fanbase think when he was sacked? Harsh or deserved.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

It's going to be cooper isn't it?

There's no actual, official source to confirm or even hint of this - is there, though?

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Viva said:

We just had a manager that won us the league and netted us £10m. Are you skimming over the fact that Rudkin chose him? 

Rudkin only heard of Maresca when he turned down the approach from Southampton and then said to to Celtic aswell

15 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

MON was an exciting appointment that almost everyone (I knew anyway) wanted, not really the same as an average uninspiring manager that may be good enough for some

But none of that was listed as his reasons not to have him... 

8 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It's my opinion that forest are full of ego players. As we know I think players and manager relationships can sometimes become stale, and it's either players move on or manager. It happened with Rodgers as we saw, so again, I don't think Coopers tenure with forest in the Prem was reflective of his abilities as a manager, fact is he pretty much did an Enzo, in fact he did better than that, as we had better players when Enzo came in.

You have meet them to know this? 

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

There's no actual, official source to confirm or even hint of this - is there, though?

All I know Wymesy is that your source promised it would be good news 🫰🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

MON was an exciting appointment that almost everyone (I knew anyway) wanted, not really the same as an average uninspiring manager that may be good enough for some

That’s true for many; however, the post I quoted was a simple reaction only to Cooper being ex-Forest.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I get where you're coming from but a pragmatic choice is someone with a similar tactical approach to Maresca given we have a team that's been built to play progressive, possession-based football and limited funds to spend due to PSR, so can't afford a big changeover of players. 

I don’t think Cooper would take this job expecting a massive changeover of players. He’s always seemed like the kind of manager who is willing to work with what he’s got (even when his last boss had fits of mania regarding transfers). 

Just now, The_77 said:

I don’t think Cooper would take this job expecting a massive changeover of players. He’s always seemed like the kind of manager who is willing to work with what he’s got (even when his last boss had fits of mania regarding transfers). 

We have to spend next season clawing for posts by any means necessary.

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Rudkin only heard of Maresca when he turned down the approach from Southampton and then said to to Celtic aswell

Ah yes I forgot the fact that according to most on here, all the good signings are nothing to do with Rudkin and all the bad ones are purely down to him. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, the draper said:

Looks like it 

Literally nothing has changed in the past few days. There are no credible reports that he’s been offered it, just that he’s being considered along with others. The odds haven’t budged an inch. The club probably hasn’t made a decision yet and may still be interviewing candidates.

• Like 1

I kind of get people sticking points with Cooper and Forest because i'm not really bothered by Forest however I am about Coventry and when we were initially linked with Mark Robins I kinda though urgh Cov manager (despite our links with him as a former player) but then I looked at it from the point of boiling their piss, the fact Forest fans hold Cooper in high regard people should have a similar train of thought regarding Cooper.

All things aside despite the job Robins has done at Coventry I just didn't think he would be right for the job anyway, if people think similar regarding Cooper then that is fair enough and people should state that and make their case but cheap jibes just because of his links with Forest or his looks are quite frankly just pathetic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some perspective needs to be applied. We’re not the most attractive proposition are we ? We are on shit creek, fastly approaching shit rapids, the bottom of the kayak’s been holed by a boulder and the paddle’s just snapped in two. 

19 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

How do you know this? Absolute nonsense again

• Like 3

Steve Cooper is not an overwhelming appointment if true, equally probably about the only viable option given the state of finances, and possible points deductions heading our way, just the same as any other appointed manager, he may or may not be successful and if appointed we give him a chance and afford a bit of patience.

Why is there this idea that we can either a) make an exciting appointment and go down or b) make a boring 'pragmatic' appointment and stay up? We just need a good coach, regardless of system. Kompany's style is similar to Guardiola's and Man City's, and they went down, but then you've got Luton who play the kind of counter attacking football people on here think will keep us up, and Sheffield, who are about as no-nonsense as you can get. They both went down.

Mate at work is a Forest fan. Absolutely loves Cooper. His strengths are pulling a team together and creating a strong ethos. Maybe that's what we need right now. I was a bit underwhelmed when he was first mentioned, but I'm starting to warm to the idea a little bit more. The fact Forest fans hold him in such high regard and don't want him to come to us is hopefully a good sign.

• Like 4