Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

3 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Terzic is basically Dortmund through and through, an actual fan of the club. The fact that he's got them to a CL final and there are still major question marks about him is a huge red flag.

Dortmund should have won the league last season but absolutely bottled it. Then they finished fifth this season when it should be practically impossible for them to finish as low as that.

The CL final is probably prompting the club to wait if anybody shows an interest and is willing to buy him out of his contract because there is definite cause for them to want to chance coach.

I like him and wish him the best but it wouldn't be a major shock to see him do a Di Matteo. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

When does everyone think we will here new appointment. I reckon by next Wednesday. Surely they wont want drag this through the summer.

In practical terms, it won't make that much difference if it happens next week or the end of the month. The players won't return until the first weekend in July and we won't be buying anybody until then. The club has probably already decided who they'll sell if a suitable offer comes in. Obviously it would be better to get somebody in earlier so to start planning for next season, but we have the luxury of being able to take our time to get the right man given that there are currently no games to play and no players to coach.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

In practical terms, it won't make that much difference if it happens next week or the end of the month. The players won't return until the first weekend in July and we won't be buying anybody until then. The club has probably already decided who they'll sell if a suitable offer comes in. Obviously it would be better to get somebody in earlier so to start planning for next season, but we have the luxury of being able to take our time to get the right man given that there are currently no games to play and the no players to coach as they're all on holiday.

Saying that a new manager will need to plan ahead of the first day back in training. Plus if were are to buy then move in quick as possible 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, teblin said:

I don’t know but I’m getting the feeling you want moyes? 

To be honest I’d be happy enough with him but don’t know whether it would be too big of a shift and he’d lose the players.

Its a shift (assuming Moyes changes it), but most of the squad isnt suited to Enzo's style anyway so many players would be more comfortable.

To make Enzo ball work this season we would be needing to do major squad surgery in a situation when we have no money.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 2

I think it'll roll along until the end of this month so they can sneak it into next year's financials, regardless of who it is. It's not like we're really losing out on much time, a lot of players from big clubs will be off at the Euros, so no-one's really stealing a march on us. Might be the same situation as Chelsea - we announce someone and they start on July 1st or something like that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Saying that a new manager will need to plan ahead of the first day back in training. Plus if were are to buy then move in quick as possible 

Yes, it definitely would be better to get somebody in soon, but it's not as urgent as it would be if Maresca had quit during the season. If the choice is between rushing to appoint a 2nd or 3rd choice manager, or waiting to get a better one, I suspect the club will choose the latter.

Edited by ClaphamFox

It will take time, Brighton and Burnley still no manager and both jobs been available for ages, long before Enzo went.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I think it'll roll along until the end of this month so they can sneak it into next year's financials, regardless of who it is. It's not like we're really losing out on much time, a lot of players from big clubs will be off at the Euros, so no-one's really stealing a march on us. Might be the same situation as Chelsea - we announce someone and they start on July 1st or something like that.

I've been thinking about this. Is this issue really that difficult to resolve? Surely not?  Same goes for transfers, as it does with the new manager. Can't they just get their 'ducks in a row', do the announcements etc, but then align the finances to match what the club want, in terms of the financial years? - It really can't be all that hard!

7 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I do feel like the longer it goes on, the more likely it is that we're trying to poach someone from a club. If it was a free agent then that would be a lot easier to tie up

Plus the fact that poaching a manager will cost money, which we'll probably want to push into the next set of accounts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I've been thinking about this. Is this issue really that difficult to resolve? Surely not?  Same goes for transfers, as it does with the new manager. Can't they just get their 'ducks in a row', do the announcements etc, but then align the finances to match what the club want, in terms of the financial years? - It really can't be all that hard!

Yeah I agree - looks like Chelsea have done that with Enzo, he will 'start work on July 01'. Clearly to get around PSR.

Maybe the board are keen not to appear like they're trying to fudge the financials? Who knows. Or maybe they're just cracking on with recruitment and we're all speculating because we're bored AF hahaha.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

We're all speculating because we're bored AF hahaha.

I know.  Last Saturday I found myself watching cricket and gymnastics 🙄.  Wtf

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

When does everyone think we will hear new appointment. I reckon by next Wednesday. Surely they wont want drag this through the summer.

Lol, it's a Rodgers "surely he'll be sacked this week" situation in reverse!

Don't apply common sense to our decision makers and you won't be disappointed most of the time.

27 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I do feel like the longer it goes on, the more likely it is that we're trying to poach someone from a club. If it was a free agent then that would be a lot easier to tie up

Hmmm.. Mebee but don't discount the reality of our situation, perhaps those same free agents have said no thanks, managers like players are millionaires and if they don't fancy the gig then they certainly ain't gonna do it for the wages alone.

Jesus how did we get to this sh*tfest!

49 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

When does everyone think we will hear new appointment. I reckon by next Wednesday. Surely they wont want drag this through the summer.

In before the Euros start for sure. This feels a lot like last summer where it felt like it was going slowly but Maresca was installed by mid June and ahead of Russell Martin and Daniel Farke. 

• Like 1

Not one to be driven by what the Bookies odds are, but the Betfair Exchange market has change considerably for the Brighton job. You could lay Potter at evens yesterday but you can only back/lay at 9 now. Not a lot of liquidity but 13k has been matched, compared to 1k in the Leicester market. 

If you think Potter is nailed on to get the Brighton job you can do worse than taking the £29 at 7.2 and the £13 at 9.2. Would make you a few hundred quid.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Not one to be driven by what the Bookies odds are, but the Betfair Exchange market has change considerably for the Brighton job. You could lay Potter at evens yesterday but you can only back/lay at 9 now. Not a lot of liquidity but 13k has been matched, compared to 1k in the Leicester market. 

If you think Potter is nailed on to get the Brighton job you can do worse than taking the £29 at 7.2 and the £13 at 9.2. Would make you a few hundred quid.

It was in the Guardian that he was in talks yesterday 

Edited by HankMarvin

Just now, HankMarvin said:

It was in the Guardian that he was n talks yesterday 

And Sky Sports this morning reported that Brighton sources said he's not returning to them

1 minute ago, lfu said:

And Sky Sports this morning reported that Brighton sources said he's not returning to them

ok - missed all that.

Don't take those bets then people :) 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

But having 50%+ possession and winning 24% of your games, only keeping 18% clean sheets, failing to score in 42% of home games (32% of games overall) and rarely getting out of our own half (our 22/23 stats) is "the way to play football"?

Point being i'm not sure what relevance your possession point means.

I agree possession in itself means nothing but sub 20% possession means you are basically hanging on for dear life for the whole game. And that's basically what Forest did in many games under Cooper in the PL.