Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

On 22/05/2024 at 16:54, Trav Le Bleu said:

1. Pugh

2. Pugh

3. Barney McGrew

4. Cuthbert

5. Dibble 

6. Grubb

Could make some cash for the club on matchdays. Giving rides around the stadium in the fire engine.

For people who know (I’m admitting I don’t) what is it about Potter that makes him the choice for some ? 

He seems a good coach type manager but not necessarily the manager we need. A good setup works well with a good coach, I don’t think we have one. 

Posted (edited)

Seems like the Brighton board and fans want Fabian Hurzeler the 31year old who got St Pauli promoted to the Bundesliga the other month or so as their new coach

Scenes when they got promoted 

I mentioned him here last month as well, really  feeling a bit jealous if they get him, wish our owner and board acted like Brighton's. Only a few seasons ago we were like them and they were like what we have become 🙄fabian-huerzeler-head-coach-fc-900844269.jpg

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

If we somehow land Potter, I’m buying everyone on here a Yoni Steam cleanse. 

He'll wait to see if the England job becomes available 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, nick6666 said:

Potter is not getting the England job .. he's worse than mr Southgate 

If Southgate leaves and Howe doesn't get sacked by Newcastle, the job will be Potter's if he wants it.

Edited by ClaphamFox

29 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Seems like the Brighton board and fans want Fabian Hurzeler the 31year old who got St Pauli promoted to the Bundesliga the other month or so as their new coach

Scenes when they got promoted 

I mentioned him here last month as well, really  feeling a bit jealous if they get him, wish our owner and board acted like Brighton's. Only a few seasons ago we were like them and they were like what we have become 🙄fabian-huerzeler-head-coach-fc-900844269.jpg

Agree on Hurzeler, part of me does want to roll the dice. I guess the deductions will be important for this sort of manager, If we are expecting -10 or something then go for it, roll the dice and give him a free hit on relegation and rebuilding. 
I'd imagine if we only expect -6 or something then you'd think with the right appointment we could theoretically stay up, and that's when unproven, largely inexperienced foreign managers become a big gamble. 
But I really do like Hurzeler and his system would catch a fair few out I'd imagine!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

In practical terms, it won't make that much difference if it happens next week or the end of the month. The players won't return until the first weekend in July and we won't be buying anybody until then. The club has probably already decided who they'll sell if a suitable offer comes in. Obviously it would be better to get somebody in earlier so to start planning for next season, but we have the luxury of being able to take our time to get the right man given that there are currently no games to play and no players to coach.

Cause it does ! You want the manager in place settled locally and with players agents contacted that he wants and deals lined up for early July 

“Leicester and Reims knock on Davide Ancelotti's door.

📌 The Italian has received attempts from both clubs, but his intention is to continue at the Bernabéu until his father leaves.”

@Ric Flair Would've been good as well..

7 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Screenshot_2024-06-07-13-50-54-93_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

If true have we approached and said “do you want the job?” Or just asked if he fancies an interview? If its the first one then i doubt were to confident in the current list of potentials.

Think Steve Cooper makes the most sense in our financial position. Has decent connections and has a point to prove. Yes he managed forest but we’ve had Martin and Wes play/ manage us and has led to success. 

plus if we go down (as long as it’s with fight) he’s a decent manager to get up back up. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, les-tah said:

If true have we approached and said “do you want the job?” Or just asked if he fancies an interview? If its the first one then i doubt were to confident in the current list of potentials.

I get the sense that we're exploring options beyond the names currently linked and may not appoint for a little while yet. This would not be surprising as it would follow the pattern of previous appointments.