Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

3 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

For all the talk of Cooper and UK-based managers, interesting that it's been reported we've approached both Sarri and Ancelotti Jnr. Perhaps our search is far broader than the media here are making out? 

Where's the Ancelotti report come from?

32 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Think Steve Cooper makes the most sense in our financial position. Has decent connections and has a point to prove. Yes he managed forest but we’ve had Martin and Wes play/ manage us and has led to success. 

plus if we go down (as long as it’s with fight) he’s a decent manager to get up back up. 

I agree. But I'm afraid he's more than likely to get the boot if (when) we are still in a relegation scrap come February. 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Brighton are the current darlings but I think more people need to call them out. What on earth are they doing?!

With all the money they’ve earned, what have they done with it? They missed out on Europe, a good manager has left without a replacement directly lined up. One of the managers they are linked with plays a radical style that is unlike anything in Europe. 

You could say that they chose not to “do a Leicester” and invest money from player sales to increase the overall squad quality to compete higher up the table and as a result are financially secure. But equally you could say they are a bad appointment away from being in big trouble and have massively regressed. 

Maybe this new manager is a genius but it seems like a massive gamble to me. Why not actually back the previous one and try to be competitive? Very weird…

This is a bloody long read mate https://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2023/11/10/st-paulis-year-of-hurzeler-now-also-playing-the-best-football-in-the-2-bundesliga/

But if you pick out certain extracts from it, it becomes less of a surprise that Brighton have landed on this guy. 

Numerous similarities to De Zerbi in terms of in possession build up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Whilst it’s pretty clear we’ve had talks with cooper, him being offered the jobs seems premature if we are approaching other managers … 

Course it is. If we’ve offered him the job, he’d take it.

32 minutes ago, kingfox said:

This is a bloody long read mate https://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2023/11/10/st-paulis-year-of-hurzeler-now-also-playing-the-best-football-in-the-2-bundesliga/

But if you pick out certain extracts from it, it becomes less of a surprise that Brighton have landed on this guy. 

Numerous similarities to De Zerbi in terms of in possession build up. 

Thanks!

It’s the Malmo guy that plays the unique stuff, this guy is definitely highly rated in Germany. 

But my point is Brighton finished 5th and got to the semi finals of the Cup. They then sold two players for around 150m and then finished 11th. Was it their manager that underperformed or was it that they didn’t set him up for success?

Is Hurzeler a good choice for us? I’d argue that in this season specifically it’s too big a gamble. Despite my criticism, Brighton are stable and have a squad that should avoid relegation. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

If its any consolation to anyone I've been told there haven't been any talks with Cooper thus far.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

If its any consolation to anyone I've been told there haven't been any talks with Cooper thus far.

Wouldn't surprise me if we haven't interviewed anyone yet. Are Top and Rudkin even in England?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Happy Fox said:

Cooper must have an amazing agent lol

He's clearly being pushed quite hard. Qll the chat is about him turning down Burnley and then him almost getting a prem job. I just can't see it tbh.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I’ve not been told we are in talks with Steve Cooper although I haven’t actually discussed our managerial situation with anyone 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If it’s any consolation to anyone I’ve been told there haven’t been any talks with Steve Bruce thus far. 

But the person who told me was my mum and she knows **** all! 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Don’t think it’s as attractive as it once was 

Maybe not, but it's still a job where there is actually a 'can't really lose' element to it, as expectations will be so low. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Thanks!

It’s the Malmo guy that plays the unique stuff, this guy is definitely highly rated in Germany. 

But my point is Brighton finished 5th and got to the semi finals of the Cup. They then sold two players for around 150m and then finished 11th. Was it their manager that underperformed or was it that they didn’t set him up for success?

Is Hurzeler a good choice for us? I’d argue that in this season specifically it’s too big a gamble. Despite my criticism, Brighton are stable and have a squad that should avoid relegation. 

Could you say it was a bit of both 🤔

In the latter stages of De Zerbi’s reign, I thought certain elements of Brighton got found out. Defensively especially they took a few bruisings after the new year. In terms of recruitment I don’t think anything drastically changed, they’ve followed the same pattern that they normally do, Joao Pedro for example was a success last season. I just don’t think certain players are on the same wave length that the likes of Caicedo & MacAllister reached for Brighton, maybe they’ll get there at some point, but that might take another 2-3 season’s. 

I think any manager who plays an inventive possession style would be a smoother transition for us. Hurzeler would fit that category, as would Cuesta who you’ve been keen on, and Heitinga who I’ve been keen on. 

With the situation we find ourselves in though, it’s probably not the right time for one of the above. 

• Like 2

All these claims we are putting feelers out everywhere, if it is true it makes you wonder how wide we are casting the net. Some of the names now are bordering on insane!