Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 hours ago, KFS said:

I genuinely think they leak shit just to see who we will and won’t collectively lose our minds over 

I genuinely think they won't. 

Likely you just want to believe the 100 anti-Cooper posts you have written aren't a waste of yours and everybody else's time! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Not just you but anyone referencing OGS falls within the net 

Certainly wouldn’t be a popular choice and to be fair, @Sol thewall Bamba has rightly pointed out the huge red flag when it comes to OGS. There’s still a chance that King Power could be interested in bringing him here though. As we know, they’re hardly a model for being a morally decent business.

12 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Potter down to 3/1 probably on back of news earlier, that said no odds on OGS.

he’d be the dream choice, but I don’t think we can afford him, also, why would he come to us if he’s already turned down the Ajax job? 

id love to, but I don’t see it myself..

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AlexFT said:

Certainly wouldn’t be a popular choice and to be fair, @Sol thewall Bamba has rightly pointed out the huge red flag when it comes to OGS. There’s still a chance that King Power could be interested in bringing him here though. As we know, they’re hardly a model for being a morally decent business.

There can’t be any credibility in the OGS guff. It’s just some BS started by some bored adolescent sent to his bedroom who’s run out of tissues My brain can’t compute the alternative 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

15 points?

Thanks for that, another whose inane ramblings I can now ignore.

It's reported that it 'could' be and as it stands we have to take it into account.

I don't think it will be, but if it 'could' happen then it can't be ignored until it's confirmed 

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not with a 15 point deduction it wouldn't 

If we have a 15 point deduction then the whole league needs burning... aside from that, should we manage to achieve a 50 point season this year, not tallying any points deduction, the manager should get M.O.Y. accolades... this squad has some large holes to fill

• Like 1

The reports on Potter are probably right, he's our number 1 target. But that isn't anything new. We've tried a few times to get him and failed and I think it will be a no again. 

I'd have him here, but his stock is high at the moment. He wouldn't want that ruined by joining a club with PSR, FFP, points deduction, relegation threatened team and having to sell our best players just to stay within regulations. 

We are in such a poopy situation, decent managers just won't come, unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

It's reported that it 'could' be and as it stands we have to take it into account.

I don't think it will be, but if it 'could' happen then it can't be ignored until it's confirmed 

There’s no way it will be 15 points. It will at a maximum be 6. 

9 hours ago, Phenom said:

I would take a look at Matias Almeyda. Revived AEK Athens in Greece and has finished 1st and 2nd in his 2 season there. Also, awoke Mexican giant, Chivas, and won multiple titles with them, and they haven’t won anything since he left.

Plays attacking football and was a successful player so he would demand respect. Plus, he’s not ugly.619076.jpeg

Funny. We were linked with back in 2017 as a replacement for Shakey. Maybe he's ready?

Screenshot_20240608_072510_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

The reports on Potter are probably right, he's our number 1 target. But that isn't anything new. We've tried a few times to get him and failed and I think it will be a no again. 

I'd have him here, but his stock is high at the moment. He wouldn't want that ruined by joining a club with PSR, FFP, points deduction, relegation threatened team and having to sell our best players just to stay within regulations. 

We are in such a poopy situation, decent managers just won't come, unfortunately. 

He is being linked to England and Manchester United as well, it would be a bit crazy if he joined us.  I would be ok with the appointment, although I think he is likely harder to get than Moyes. 

However I do now think the media are throwing darts at a a board for our vacancy, in the past hour I have read we have talked to 12 different managers.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

He is being linked to England and Manchester United as well, it would be a bit crazy if he joined us.  I would be ok with the appointment, although I think he is likely harder to get than Moyes. 

However I do now think the media are throwing darts at a about for our vacancy, in the past hour I have read we have talked to 12 different managers.

We probably have. It’s likely not a case of the media making things up; it‘s more like they’re getting tipped off about the various candidates we’ve been speaking to and are then exaggerating how likely they are to get the job because “X manager has been spoken to but he’s one of a number of candidates and probably won’t get the job’ isn’t much of a story. 

Potter wont come here, I have tried to convince myself that he would want a challenge etc, but I guess 1. We cant afford him and 2. We are likely to much of a gamble right now with PSR and points deduction looming.

I dont mind Cooper if its him, just not sure he will be able to achieve survival with the mess we find ourselves in. 

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Reported in the ' Leicester could get between a 6 and 15 points deduction ' speculative article from John Percy.

I bet his knows fck all piece has given him terrible splinters 

3 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Seriously, how on earth can his stock be considered 'high' in any way shape or form ?

• Like 2

Potter seems to be waiting for a job from the type of club that won't consider him at the minute. He gained a good reputation at Brighton and even though we all know Chelsea is a circus, he ruined it a bit there. He needs to take on a job to rebuild that reputation before a big 6 club comes calling.

• Like 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

Potter seems to be waiting for a job from the type of club that won't consider him at the minute. He gained a good reputation at Brighton and even though we all know Chelsea is a circus, he ruined it a bit there. He needs to take on a job to rebuild that reputation before a big 6 club comes calling.

Genuinely think he’s been told on the grapevine to wait for the England job … 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Reported in the ' Leicester could get between a 6 and 15 points deduction ' speculative article from John Percy.

I bet his knows fck all piece has given him terrible splinters 

The finance guy on talksport the other day, Stefan Borson, seemed to think that if we were say 40 million  over the limit, then given we have a yardstick with the Notts Forest and Everton cases, we might be better to try and negotiate with the premier league, because we would probably be able to negotiate it to between the 4 and 6 points that they got.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

The finance guy on talksport the other day, Stefan Borson, seemed to think that if we were say 40 million  over the limit, then given we have a yardstick with the Notts Forest and Everton cases, we might be better to try and negotiate with the premier league, because we would probably be able to negotiate it to between the 4 and 6 points that they got.

That seem a more reasonable assessment tbf, cheers👍

• Like 1