Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

54 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Seriously, how on earth can his stock be considered 'high' in any way shape or form ?

The media seem to keep it high the way he's talked about.. The job he did at Brighton can't be forgotten and he's been linked with a few bigger jobs than us. 

I think, as others have said, he's waiting for the England job. I can see the FA seeing him as a good replacement for Southgate (who is crap)

59 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

The finance guy on talksport the other day, Stefan Borson, seemed to think that if we were say 40 million  over the limit, then given we have a yardstick with the Notts Forest and Everton cases, we might be better to try and negotiate with the premier league, because we would probably be able to negotiate it to between the 4 and 6 points that they got.

Didn’t someone post a daily mail article on here earlier in the week saying that we’d most likely get 4 points? Why isn’t everyone jumping on that like they seem to be the 15 points that’s been reported?

Ok how about we be a little bit innovative as a club here 

We have 2 penalties points coming, so we need someone to steady the shop for a year

How about Moyes for a 1 year contract to help us stay up on a budget and get our finances back in order? With extension clause if both parties still want to carry on

9 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

We have 2 penalties points coming, so we need someone to steady the shop for a year

How about Moyes for a 1 year contract to help us stay up on a budget and get our finances back in order? With extension clause if both parties still want to carry on

How could appointing a boring, uninspired manager with the intention of playing defensive football to keep us up be considered in any way innovative?

Moyes won West Ham a European trophy and they were still all glad to see the back of him, tells you all you need to know. If you want to be bored to tears and then go down anyway, get Moyes by all means. 

• Like 1

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was poor at Cardiff ( I know cos I was there ) but had a win rate at Manchester of 54% only beat by Jose.

So it might be worth a punt but I still think it'll be Cooper or Corberan. if we can afford WBAs compensation. of course. 

10 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

I'd be happy if we appointed Moyes.  He has vast amounts of Premier League experience.  

He's not a fancy name though and his football style isn't the new Leicester way

I would personally not hold Ole’s Maunre tenure against him. They are a basket case as we know.   For me a better option than sone of the candidates that have been bounded about on betting shop lists.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Might as well find someone who can manage to the best of Vesty's abilities

This is exactly the issue. I don't understand giving Vesty a new 3 year deal, if the new manager is one who doesn't play to his strengths or a similar style to Maresca. That should rule out Moyes and Cooper. But this is Leicester hierarchy, so who knows.

Just seen the announcement on Albrighton. A sad day, he's been immense for us over the last 10 years.  I still think he could have done a job off the bench this year with his crossing ability so surprising they've let him go before the new manager is in place, although appreciate we need to get some wages off the books.

Why don't we seem to do testimonials nowadays, if anyone deserves one, Sharky does, along with Vards eventually of course?

5 minutes ago, MonarchFox said:

I'd be happy if we appointed Moyes.  He has vast amounts of Premier League experience.  

He's not a fancy name though and his football style isn't the new Leicester way

Genuinely, what use is his 'premier league experience' in our situation? He's never managed a newly promoted club who are expected to go down, he's generally managed established premier league clubs with good squads, and he's still bored everyone to tears so much that they couldn't wait to see the back of him. If you thought the football was boring under Maresca, just get this guy in and you'll be begging for a bit of Enzoball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Potter seems to be waiting for a job from the type of club that won't consider him at the minute. He gained a good reputation at Brighton and even though we all know Chelsea is a circus, he ruined it a bit there. He needs to take on a job to rebuild that reputation before a big 6 club comes calling.

Here we go ... if Potter did come ... which I very much doubt ... and we have an half decent season .... we will be back to where we are now ... its obvious he has designs for a bigger club 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Do people realise in Moyes 2nd stint at West Ham, so Dec 2019 till being released end of 23/24 season, he had spent close to €500m on players.

He’s not the fire fighter some believe he is.

Edited by BKLFox

27 minutes ago, RAZZAFOX said:

Just seen the announcement on Albrighton. A sad day, he's been immense for us over the last 10 years.  I still think he could have done a job off the bench this year with his crossing ability so surprising they've let him go before the new manager is in place, although appreciate we need to get some wages off the books.

Why don't we seem to do testimonials nowadays, if anyone deserves one, Sharky does, along with Vards eventually of course?

Because historically testimonials were used as a sort of retirement fund for players whose careers were ending. They were the days when an ex player might buy a pub somewhere to make ends meet after football.

These days top level footballers are multi millionaires and are usually ok unless they have a gambling or other addiction problem. The testimonial would be just for the fans and nobody can really be arsed with them 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Tuna said:

Surprised Rosenior hasn't been strongly linked

I'm not, if he's not good enough for Hull why's he going to be for Leicester 

Edited by trooky

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, trooky said:

I'm not, if he's not good enough for Hull why's he going to be a for Leicester 

Rosenior resigned from Hull, they didn't get rid of him. He did a decent job there, I, for one, would be reasonably happy if we went for him - though there are a lot better out there.

Edited by Outfox the Fox