Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 hour ago, Langston said:

Solskjaer would be enough for me to bin it off. Don't want that horrible little twat anywhere near us.

Well I wasn’t overly enamoured by Cooper, Potter or Moyes, but they all shine like bright beacons of PL managerial credibility compared to OGS.

Surely we can do better than this?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Rosenior resigned from Hull, they didn't get rid of him. He did a decent job there, I, for one, would be reasonably happy if we went for him - though there are a lot better out there.

He was sacked.

Hull owner sacked Rosenior over 'football philosophy' - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/crgyx2ne089o

39 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Because historically testimonials were used as a sort of retirement fund for players whose careers were ending. They were the days when an ex player might buy a pub somewhere to make ends meet after football.

These days top level footballers are multi millionaires and are usually ok unless they have a gambling or other addiction problem. The testimonial would be just for the fans and nobody can really be arsed with them 

Why not make them a charity game?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

There's too much talk about Ole for my liking. 

Maybe we're doing our due diligence on a lot of people right now to see who's best for our situation right now. 

hope you're right and its not just shoot and hope we've hit something

8 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Well I wasn’t overly enamoured by Cooper, Potter or Moyes, but they all shine like bright beacons of PL managerial credibility compared to OGS.

Surely we can do better than this?

At Man Utd you would always see Solskjær asking Carrick and McKenna what to do. I don't think he has any tactical nous whatsoever.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, indierich06 said:

How could appointing a boring, uninspired manager with the intention of playing defensive football to keep us up be considered in any way innovative?

Moyes won West Ham a European trophy and they were still all glad to see the back of him, tells you all you need to know. If you want to be bored to tears and then go down anyway, get Moyes by all means. 

Hang on Moyes gets this defensive tag right, yeah he might be, it's by the by, but yet someone like Rodgers and other possession based philosophy merchants who rarely get out their own half don't get called or wouldn't be called defensive, oh no, they "play the game the way it should be played".  

They're no more defensive or negative than the other imo. Infact, a hard fought, solid defensive performance (And I appreciate people have put up the stats about how leaky West Ham were last season - but I'm talking generally about a type of manager Moyes or not that has a 'stigma' that people down play) can be applauded more than negative, boring, constant recycling of the ball within your own half resulting in nothing.

We are bored(!) of constant possession for possession sake which imo more would likely result in relegation. Bored to tears to use your words, if you will.

I certainly know which one is more boring.

Ultimately neither way is right, likewise neither way is wrong, however exclusively one way is most definitely wrong, one type of manager would change it up, the other would be stubborn and rigid.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Langston said:

Solskjaer would be enough for me to bin it off. Don't want that horrible little twat anywhere near us.

He's actually a nice bloke by all accounts

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hang on Moyes get this defensive tag right, yeah he might be, it's by the by, but yet someone like Rodgers and other possession based philosophy merchants who rarely get out their own half don't get called or wouldn't be called defensive, oh no, they "play the game the way it should be played".  #

They're no more defensive or negative than the other imo. Infact, a solid defensive performance can be applauded more than negative, boring, constant recycling of the ball within your own half.

One of main reasons we won the prem in 2015-16 was our strong defence and if we are to stand a chance of staying up we will need to be organised and well set-up - so a manager with strong tactical attributes is a must IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Funny bunch to say Rosenior not good enough for Hull so why would we want at Leicester, yet scoff at the thought of Ole who achieved 3rd and 2nd place finishes and a penalty shoot out from Europa cup trophy in his last 2 full seasons with Man U.

So cue well any manager could have achieved that with Man U (not true but go on) now what was everyone saying about Leicester last season and Enzo should be coming 1st with that squad?
Then if I look in the who would you want from championship sides as cheaper transfers I don’t see many Hull players being mentioned.

Hull was Rosenior 1st full time manager appointment, he has a very good head on his shoulders and I’ll predict he’ll have a very good managerial career in top flight football.

I would not be to down if we did appoint him to be honest over a few already mentioned from the merry-go-round.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Babacar Sarr agrees.

Has OGS commented on this and regretted his actions about this?

1 hour ago, Winstonthedog said:

Here we go ... if Potter did come ... which I very much doubt ... and we have an half decent season .... we will be back to where we are now ... its obvious he has designs for a bigger club 

Not sure what the "Here we go" comment is for, I'm not saying Potter is bad or not good enough for us. What i do see is a manager waiting on a club bigger than us as that's where he see himself, but the reality is that those clubs won't be interested until he taken a job like Leicester and rebuilt some of the his reputation they perceive he as tainted slightly. So the clubs interested in Potter are the clubs he deems not big enough and clubs Potter is interested in don't see him as good enough at the moment.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Didn’t someone post a daily mail article on here earlier in the week saying that we’d most likely get 4 points? Why isn’t everyone jumping on that like they seem to be the 15 points that’s been reported?

Because they’re doom and gloom merchants, same idiots that get hysterical and ruin match threads 5 minutes after kick off.

• Like 1

Moyes in. Back 5 of 3 backs to the wall defenders in souttar, vesty and Coady plus 2 full backs staying home, wilf and winks screening in front, KDH breaking forward to support a counter attacking three of fats, Mav and the GOAT. Pick up a few 1 Nils at home, grab a few spawny wins and stalemates on the road, get to about 45-50 pointa which should keep us up unless the points deduction is into double figures - job done, we move on with a more adventurous style and new manager or the next year and Moyes leaves with our thanks and a hefty staying up bonus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

At Man Utd you would always see Solskjær asking Carrick and McKenna what to do. I don't think he has any tactical nous whatsoever.

He had the tactical nouse to appoint Carrick and McKenna his assistants 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

He had the tactical nouse to appoint Carrick and McKenna his assistants 

First team coaches that were already in place.

Phelan was assistant.

“Carrick remained at Manchester United after retirement, having been handed a position on José Mourinho's coaching staff, alongside fellow new appointee Kieran McKenna

Edited by HankMarvin

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I remember seeing a lot of TV interviews that he did whilst at Man U and it appeared that he never had anything interesting to say even, to the point that he couldn't actually speak properly.