Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

9 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I’d be amazed if potter said yes to this 

Yes difficult to see  - he clearly has an extremely high opinion of himself and thinks the England job is his after Southgate’s inevitable fuch up 

• Like 1

Just now, CrazyKopCorner said:

Yes difficult to see  - he clearly has an extremely high opinion of himself and thinks the England job is his after Southgate’s inevitable fuch up 

Personally I'm holding out for the prime minister job so have turned down promotions at work.  

In seriousness, whilst maybe not a managerial genius, potter would probably be a safe bet in the eyes of the FA.  A yes man in the Southgate vein.  Not a loose cannon in the cloughie mould (for the older among us).

My choice, for what it's worth, would be Robbins from Cov. Aside from the fact it would leave their fans foaming at the mouth, I do think he has something about him and he took them from league one to the brink of the prem season before last 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I think he’s been told he has a decent chance … 

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Southgate said he will only retire if England win the Euros, so he will be staying.

Hes also previously said he wouldn't out stay his welcome (which he has) and he'd pick on form not wether he's called them up before. Which he didn't stick to either. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

People seriously turning their nose up at Potter? 

What has he achieved? Brighton and Chelsea instantly improved without him. His teams don’t score goals 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

The way England are playing after yesterday, I would t be surprised if fa have spoken to Potter. Southgate won't last after the tournament. No way we are winning it

For Southgate it is win or bust, and the way he has England playing it is certain to be busy for him. FA with the squad should only be satisfied with a win in my view 

2 hours ago, norwichfox said:

The only thing that caught my eye was "An EFL transfer embargo was also lifted on Thursday."

Oh and pedants...should the full stop come before or after the quotation marks? Asking for a friend :)

Your punctuation is correct as the quote is a complete sentence. Full-stop goes outside if the quotation is not a complete sentence (in UK, but not in USA!).

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Southgate said he will only retire if England win the Euros, so he will be staying.

Oddly though I believe the opposite would be true. If he doesn't win the Euros, he'll get the boot. If he does then he'll almost definitely want a crack at the world cup.