Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Given our current situation, landing potter would be an absolute scope………

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

This 100 times over! This would be a big statement IF they pull it off. 

Me if this happens:

TELEMMGLPICT000328120728_17178392429330_

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Danno said:

What has he achieved? Brighton and Chelsea instantly improved without him. His teams don’t score goals 

Oli McBurnie got a load under him which is a bigger achievement then any titles 

• Haha 1

I think Potter was massively let down by Brighton never signing him a number 9... then he lands at Chelsea and has Aubameyang (who didn't want to be there) and Havertz and Felix (who aren't strikers). I do actually think with decent striker options his team will score plenty.

My only concern is intel I had a while back about his fitness methods, he cancelled a massive contract Chelsea had with a strength and conditioning company to re-do the gym at Cobham because he doesn't buy in to weight training.... just struck me as rather odd in this day and age, says he prefers all his work done on the pitch and if players want to do that then they do it in their own time.

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

What if we're offering him the position on the promise to release him if england job becomes available? 

Well it's likely the England job will be available before we go back for pre season, although with the guys running our club, i suppose its highly plausible!

1 minute ago, KlaaZ said:

Also, as an outsider, I feel like you guys are a bit ridiculous in what you expect, and the negativity is quite astonishing. 

As an insider.... this thread is positively mild...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

As an insider.... this thread is positively mild...

Odd, in my opinion, but it is what it is. :) 

Either way, Garcia would be a perfect fit for what you guys need, and that's coming from someone who is absolutely praying he stays at Leuven. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, KlaaZ said:

Odd, in my opinion, but it is what it is. :) 

Either way, Garcia would be a perfect fit for what you guys need, and that's coming from someone who is absolutely praying he stays at Leuven. 

To be fair I've assumed from the start he was our next manager. All too convenient with the agents links. But I think it would of happened by now if it was going to.

10 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Not really sure what everyone's problem with Garcia is here, but I can tell you that he's tactically probably the best manager I've ever seen at OHL. On top of that, it's been twice now that he took a team from a clear relegation spot to safety (OHL and Celta). Vastly underrated, but if you don't want him I'd be very happy to keep him in Leuven. :) 

Also, as an outsider, I feel like you guys are a bit ridiculous in what you expect, and the negativity is quite astonishing. 

Welcome to Foxestalk norm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

To be fair I've assumed from the start he was our next manager. All too convenient with the agents links. But I think it would of happened by now if it was going to.

Haha, it was the number one fear among our fans the moment the Maresca to Chelsea rumour started. I agree that I don't think it's going to be him, by the way, lucky for us and unlucky for you because he's someone who can overperform with a limited squad. Very good at nullifying opposition attacking threat and flexible in his approach.

37 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Not really sure what everyone's problem with Garcia is here, but I can tell you that he's tactically probably the best manager I've ever seen at OHL. On top of that, it's been twice now that he took a team from a clear relegation spot to safety (OHL and Celta). Vastly underrated, but if you don't want him I'd be very happy to keep him in Leuven. :) 

Bang average in England at a lower level than we're at might have something to do with it. Pony at several other clubs too but he's also done OK as well.

I'd hope we could attract better and if he stays with you and succeeds that's great.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Danno said:

What has he achieved? Brighton and Chelsea instantly improved without him. His teams don’t score goals 

he gets overrated because pep once said he was good. 1 top 10 finish at brighton is about the only thing that stands out to me. they finished 16th and 15th before that 

Edited by don_danbury

4 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

he gets overrated because pep once said he was good. 1 top 10 finish at brighton is about the only thing that stands out to me. they finished 16th and 15th before that 

I'd take 15th or 16th right now thanks. Brighton hadn't been in the Premier League long by that point, and so were hardly meant to be pushing for top 8 finishes. 

They are a different team with bigger ambitions now, but that is partly due to Potter keeping them comfortably in the Premier League whilst he was there. 

Just now, STUHILL said:

I'd take 15th or 16th right now thanks. Brighton hadn't been in the Premier League long by that point, and so were hardly meant to be pushing for top 8 finishes. 

They are a different team with bigger ambitions now, but that is partly due to Potter keeping them comfortably in the Premier League whilst he was there. 

I'd take 17th right now with points deductions and premier blobbers