Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Moyes wouldn't even entertain ccming here though so rule that out.

😆 

44 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

To be perfectly honest, the idea of Cooper coming and keeping us up at F*rest's expense is too good an opportunity to pass up.

I'm past the point of feeling embarrassment for our club after how Rodgers tanked us between 21-23, it was so humiliating that nothing will I think ever top it. Only the most delusional amongst us doesn't now acknowledge that survival is the target for the next year or two.

I'm already at peace with the possibility of going straight back down, so might as well gamble on the prospect of being able to rub the splinter-dicks' noses in it if we do stay up and they don't.

Alternatively, and probably more likely, Cooper takes us down, Notts Forest stay up at our expense, Cooper is then lauded even more by them, and we get constant claims from them of Agent Cooper once again showing his undying love for them, by relegating the club they don't care about!

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His teams were one of the worst I've ever seen for not pressing. Under Rodgers they became the ideal team for us to play because of it.

He also doesn't play the football Top craves. Bizarre if true.

Someone at the club is clearly obsessed with Potter, while someone clearly admirers Solskjaer as this is the second time he’s been linked. Maybe it’s Rudkin on both accounts. 

Potter even though I think he’s a bit overrated, does make perfect sense with building on a possession philosophy. 

OGS like you say would be bizarre, no real idea what his style actually is. The thought of him in charge gives me nightmares. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

I would rather have OGS than Cooper, which wouldn't be ideal either for me, but I suppose whoever comes in is going to be a gamble to be fair.

OGS would be a disaster in my opinion. It was no secret that he left practise to McKenna & Carrick & just ran the bench on game day. Cooper has a history of being hands on as well as bringing academy lads along.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LestaLad said:

Laughable people are turning down Potter

I think the people who turn down Potter are the type who order a Madras knowing full well they can't handle more than a Korma

I don't care who come in at this point just want someone to come in who knows what they getting themselves into and do fantastic job on keeping us up or even finishing in the top 10 (dreaming I know) but bored of this who's it gonna be wishy washy dilly dallying 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Laughable people are turning down Potter

Not sure I like Potter at all. He's apparently asking for a large wage packet, hence why discussions between him and Ajax fell apart. Also his football is slow and risk averse, more than Maresca's is. He's also proven that he's not very good at grinding out wins from his time at Brighton and Chelsea.

Feels a bit too much like Rodgers 1.5 to me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Not sure I like Potter at all. He's apparently asking for a large wage packet, hence why discussions between him and Ajax fell apart. Also his football is slow and risk averse, more than Maresca's is. He's also proven that he's not very good at grinding out wins from his time at Brighton and Chelsea.

Feels a bit too much like Rodgers 1.5 to me. 

I agree with you. The media love him just like they did the little fella.

Posted (edited)

Moyes could possibly keep us up next season. Who knows ? 

l don’t understand why some wouldn’t want him. It’s all about opinions, of course.

Our situation dictates our next move, plus which potential managers would be interested.

We are in for a long season come what may, but we need someone with Prem experience, if we are to survive.
Next season is solely about finishing higher than 18th (which personally, l think is a long shot).

I understand why the list of plausible managers is limited, but Moyes seems the best of the names mentioned. Potter has experience, but l can’t see him wanting a relegation battle.

Edited by STEVIE B