Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Posted (edited)

Potter would probably keep us up and stabilize us.

OGS would be a bit of a wild card, I wouldn't mind him as he does play attacking football.

Cooper would send us straight back down

Moyes wouldn't come here.

RVP bit of an unkown and risk.

Corbean would be a bit of a risk as well, but could do well.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Not sure I like Potter at all. He's apparently asking for a large wage packet, hence why discussions between him and Ajax fell apart. Also his football is slow and risk averse, more than Maresca's is. He's also proven that he's not very good at grinding out wins from his time at Brighton and Chelsea.

Feels a bit too much like Rodgers 1.5 to me. 

I should think he's set for life after the payoff he got from Chelsea, so he'll be in no hurry to get back to work. It would probably take big money to tempt him back.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I think the people who turn down Potter are the type who order a Madras knowing full well they can't handle more than a Korma

I did once have a chicken phaal in Luton before flying out to Euro 2012 and spent 10 days in various Polish shit houses. Even ate me dinner and drank pints in there, so maybe you're on to something. I can't stand Potter, pony.

• Haha 1

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Because he could get a better job? That's your reasoning? Well that rules out Potter and many others too.

He don't need to come here I'd say he is a better manager than Potter so don't exactly rule them out.

19 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Potter would probably keep us up and stabilize us.

OGS would be a bit of a wild card, I wouldn't mind him as he does play attacking football.

Cooper would send us straight back down

Moyes wouldn't come here.

RVP bit of an unkown and risk.

Corbean would be a bit of a risk as well, but could do well.

Presume you meant RVN unless Van Persie has now entered the running?

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

OGS would be a disaster in my opinion. It was no secret that he left practise to McKenna & Carrick & just ran the bench on game day. Cooper has a history of being hands on as well as bringing academy lads along.

I just hate the football Cooper gets his side playing.  Players constantly going down feigning injury any time the opposing team has got some momentum, and to waste time at every favourable moment. 

His goalkeepers seem to get cramp when it suits too.

Spent the vast majority of the season he kept Notts Forest up, playing with 11 men behind the ball, and riding their luck, which they invariably seem to get that season.

His football stunk the premier league out.

Absolutely horrible to watch. 

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Thomas Frank would be ideal

We missed the boat with him, by sacking Rodgers too late.

He was right for the picking earlier on in that season.

Three things I want from the new manager:

1. Be flexible enough to play to the squads strenghs.

2. Buy into the project and stick with us in 12 months if we go down. 

3. Provide a path for the under-23's to move into the first team.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

lol he could by simply turning down the job and sitting on his arse for a season.

He could well do. But he won't get a top job again. We are currently the calibre of club he would be looking at now.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He could well do. But he won't get a top job again. We are currently the calibre of club he be would looking at now.

He could go to Rangers or Celtic why would he throw himself into this job when we have a looming points deduction and minimal funds ? 

And most people said we would be in a relegation scrap so why we would he risk that on his CV, it's not like he has anything to prove,

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

He could go to Rangers or Celtic why would he throw himself into this job when we have a looming points deduction and minimal funds ? 

And most people said we would be in a relegation scrap so why we would he risk that on his CV, it's not like he has anything to prove,

Why would anyone want to manage us then if our predicament is so unappealing?