Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The names Morris, John Morris.

Google tells me that he is the voice of Andy from Toy Story. I’d get behind Buzz Lightyear tbf, would command respect given the ages of the majority of our squad. 

edit: just seen this https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/01/how-to-become-a-football-agent-9836160/

Didn’t realise how connected he was to us, from Vardy to Brendan, but Enzo is also in his agency. And he has represented Potter in getting the Brighton job… 

Edited by FoxesWalk

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The names Morris, John Morris.

Think it was mentioned that Potter is no longer with him, perhaps? Connection is still there though of course.

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

I wonder how long this'll drag on for. I'm going for another 2 weeks. 

I can see Stowell coming back for a month.

3 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Think it was mentioned that Potter is no longer with him, perhaps? Connection is still there though of course.

Percy said this week that he still was.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Maybe the 'messing around' is called doing your due diligence and conducting a thorough interview process with prospective candidates.

Maybe.

But my money is on Rudkin & Top on holiday / getting on top of their inbox before starting the search

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Why the panic to 'get it done'? The players are on holiday and the Euro's haven't even started yet. Pre season is still some weeks away.

Maybe the 'messing around' is called doing your due diligence and conducting a thorough interview process with prospective candidates.

I'd much rather we took our time to find the 'right' appointment instead of rushing everything and then regretting it.

Chill.

Damn you and your sensible viewpoint man , I may try and rabble rouse a group of people on here to vilify your opinion , condemn the forum for allowing such sense and call for banners requesting your head......

"Izzy out Izzy out"

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Why the panic to 'get it done'? The players are on holiday and the Euro's haven't even started yet. Pre season is still some weeks away.

I'd much rather we took our time to find the 'right' appointment instead of rushing everything and then regretting it.

Chill.

How dare you come on here & make a sensible, thoughtful post ! Away with you ! :ph34r:

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Why the panic to 'get it done'?

It's a fine balance. Obviously it's important that the club get this right. And that takes time.

But also we've seen the club already handing out/offering contract extensions. And rumour has it that we have to make a sale (or sales) before the end of this month to comply with PSR. I'd like the new manager to at least have some say in the make-up of his squad.

So I think the new man needs to be in before the end of this month. Maresca was appointed on June 16th last year and we are only a week away from that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Percy article names only Potter and Corberan as people we are actually talking to… 

I'd be really made up with either of those.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Chill.

It would be good for a new manager to be employed before the players report back for pre season to give time to sort the back office stuff first. 

Enzo did that really well - remember in his first weeks he was brutal with getting backroom staff out and new ones in. Apparently made changes to training ground so it was just way he wanted. 

You are right though, I'd like to think they are not "messing around" but assessing who is available and the right fit. 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Only recruiting managers/players from certain agencies seems like an act of self harm, is it common in the game? 

People are jumping to conclusions. This isn’t what’s happening.

• Like 1

It depends on their age and standing, but some managers may see an appointment as our manager as a free hit. With the big headwind they'll have, if they succeed in keeping us in the Prem it will be a big gold star on their CV, and if they go down fighting it will probably do them no harm.

2 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Bless the ITK, one minute it’s Cooper, then it’s OGS, now it’s Potter, well keep going you’ll get one right eventually. 

DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER!! 

… yet