Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

I actually trust the club’s judgement on appointing managers . There are a number of reasons that BR became toxic which are well known but there’s no denying his first period at the club was successful . I trust them not to appoint any former EPL stars which would be terrible …..

cue “ Foxes in battle to secure Lampard services in push for champions league football” 

• Like 1

It's fun and games. 

I've changed my thinking based on the most likely (in my head) situation. Everything said is based purely on my opinion. 

I think Brighton, Chelsea and Man U all want McKenna. 

I think Brighton knew they were losing De Zerbi and did the deal with him a while ago (hence the down turn in their form). They have McKenna top of their shortlist. They thought by announcing De Zerbi's departure early that would then allow them to act on McKenna unchallenged. I don't think they dreamt Chelsea would be after him let alone Man U.

Meanwhile, I think Man U have met with McKenna in secret and already have him lined up. I think the players have been informed that a replacement is lined up but they can't act until a day or so after the FA Cup Final. 

Chelsea have moved quickly following Brighton's news in order to get McKenna over Brighton and either before Man U have a chance or they had no idea Man U wanted him. They have then panicked when they have realised McKenna isn't a done deal for them.  So they have stirred up the rumour mill either to try and force McKenna to talk to them or so it looks like they haven't got a first choice.

Man U are to arrogant to panic. They also know the optics look bad if they remove Ten Hag before the Cup Final.

Brighton know they can't compete with Chelsea and Man U.

McKenna knows he is going to Man U and I imagine is just waiting. I'd imagine it's already a done deal with significant compensation for Ipswich. 

Chelsea will be thanking their lucky stars they have set the rumour mill on fire as when they appoint it won't look like a second choice. 

Brighton are screwed as they have a settled squad that's on the downturn. I don't think they are an attractive proposition. 

Ipswich will have the Man U money which might be attractive to a manager as they can spend spend spend yet there is low expectations. 

What does this mean for Enzo. I think he goes to Chelsea if they really want him. But I think he knows he isn't first choice. I get the impression he needs to be loved and if Chelsea won't buy in 100% to his philosophy it's the wrong move. Especially, as a year in the Prem hasn't hindered Kompany's chances for a top job. He won't go to Brighton or Ipswich as they aren't his players. I think he stays. Develops his way and waits for a top club to want him for his philosophy. His reputation will remain intact as long as Leicester are competitive ish. He can hide behind FFP and points deductions. I'd imagine he will be paid well at Leicester so money isn't a big factor for a season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Product of 84 said:

It's fun and games. 

I've changed my thinking based on the most likely (in my head) situation. Everything said is based purely on my opinion. 

I think Brighton, Chelsea and Man U all want McKenna. 

I think Brighton knew they were losing De Zerbi and did the deal with him a while ago (hence the down turn in their form). They have McKenna top of their shortlist. They thought by announcing De Zerbi's departure early that would then allow them to act on McKenna unchallenged. I don't think they dreamt Chelsea would be after him let alone Man U.

Meanwhile, I think Man U have met with McKenna in secret and already have him lined up. I think the players have been informed that a replacement is lined up but they can't act until a day or so after the FA Cup Final. 

Chelsea have moved quickly following Brighton's news in order to get McKenna over Brighton and either before Man U have a chance or they had no idea Man U wanted him. They have then panicked when they have realised McKenna isn't a done deal for them.  So they have stirred up the rumour mill either to try and force McKenna to talk to them or so it looks like they haven't got a first choice.

Man U are to arrogant to panic. They also know the optics look bad if they remove Ten Hag before the Cup Final.

Brighton know they can't compete with Chelsea and Man U.

McKenna knows he is going to Man U and I imagine is just waiting. I'd imagine it's already a done deal with significant compensation for Ipswich. 

Chelsea will be thanking their lucky stars they have set the rumour mill on fire as when they appoint it won't look like a second choice. 

Brighton are screwed as they have a settled squad that's on the downturn. I don't think they are an attractive proposition. 

Ipswich will have the Man U money which might be attractive to a manager as they can spend spend spend yet there is low expectations. 

What does this mean for Enzo. I think he goes to Chelsea if they really want him. But I think he knows he isn't first choice. I get the impression he needs to be loved and if Chelsea won't buy in 100% to his philosophy it's the wrong move. Especially, as a year in the Prem hasn't hindered Kompany's chances for a top job. He won't go to Brighton or Ipswich as they aren't his players. I think he stays. Develops his way and waits for a top club to want him for his philosophy. His reputation will remain intact as long as Leicester are competitive ish. He can hide behind FFP and points deductions. I'd imagine he will be paid well at Leicester so money isn't a big factor for a season. 

The buyout for McKenna from Ipswich is far less than the reported 10 million for Enzo, I think I heard on talk shite it was 3 and half million, so i don't think that will help Ipswich spend spend spend to be honest.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

The buyout for McKenna from Ipswich is far less than the reported 10 million for Enzo, I think I heard on talk shite it was 3 and half million, so i don't think that will help Ipswich spend spend spend to be honest.

But unlike us (or Leeds and Saints) Ipswich start clean in that they have no big wages to carry, no historic EPL costs, and I thought they had fairly wealthy owners. 

If all that fluff is true, then I can easily see Ipswich outspending us. 

36 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Same with De Zebri think he ends up at Chelsea.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

It would be typical of the board to go for him.

Typical in that we've signed up loads of England managers after they've left the international post? That kind of typical?

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

But unlike us (or Leeds and Saints) Ipswich start clean in that they have no big wages to carry, no historic EPL costs, and I thought they had fairly wealthy owners. 

If all that fluff is true, then I can easily see Ipswich outspending us. 

It's not about how much you spend, especially for the promoted clubs, it's about who you spend it on.

The perceived advantage that ourselves and Leeds/Saints will have over Ipswich, is that we already have players with Premier league experience within the club.

Losing McKenna in my opinion, will be a much bigger blow to Ipswich, than us losing Enzo, if indeed we do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

It's not about how much you spend, especially for the promoted clubs, it's about who you spend it on.

The perceived advantage that ourselves and Leeds/Saints will have over Ipswich, is that we already have players with Premier league experience within the club.

Losing McKenna in my opinion, will be a much bigger blow to Ipswich, than us losing Enzo, if indeed we do.

True, that's a good point. It will be especially interesting to see how the promoted teams do this year. (He said unbiasedly. :)

• Like 1

On 24/05/2024 at 08:55, Wortho said:

Rob Edwards or Steve Cooper 🤷‍♀️

The same Steve Cooper who signed any player who owned a pair of boots, and got sacked because he wasn't good enough by Forest?  I admire your optimism, but doubt your sanity.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, PaulW said:

The same Steve Cooper who signed any player who owned a pair of boots, and got sacked because he wasn't good enough by Forest?  I admire your optimism, but doubt your sanity.

I doubt yours if you think Steve Cooper was in charge of their transfer business

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Someone like Moyes wouldn't really be suitable, given his age, as the club needs someone who can be 'part of the long-term project'.

• Haha 1

Just now, Wymsey said:

Someone like Moyes wouldn't really be suitable, given his age, as the club needs someone who can be 'part of the long-term project'.

He’s not that old! 😂 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

With our impending points deduction and financial issues, we've got to be pragmatic and look to stay in the PL first and foremost. The best person for that is Moyes, regardless of what people think of his playing style. There's no point playing pretty football if we get relegated and get another points deduction from the EFL.

Edited by sm1

4 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Some honking and unrealistic suggestions in this thread, don't know whether to laugh or cry.

What do you mean? mourinho or Xavi would definitely be interested :ph34r: