Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

49 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Given our financial state, it feels an irresponsible use of £4m (Which we don't have), when there's at least two perfectly adequate candidates available for free.

It's more nuanced than this though. Potter and his team might command higher salaries and thus higher severance. There might be demands Cooper / Potter make from the club that involve more costs or disruption.

The £4m (which is largely a rumour or can be negotiated) is one factor in many and if had to be paid can be amortised over the period of Corberans contract. What's most important is we get the right manager for the club. Just opting for of the available options might not be the best.

As much as we all like to put our own spins on things, the most important part of this is how the candidate interviews and how they say they plan to approach the job and get the best out of what we have and what we plan to spend. What someone did when they were are Cardiff 6 years ago isn't the be all and end all. Sadly, none of us are privy to these conversations, if they have happened at all yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

Given our financial state, it feels an irresponsible use of £4m (Which we don't have), when there's at least two perfectly adequate candidates available for free.

I get that position, but there is also an argument to say Potter is going to cost us far more than £4m both in the wages he will need over the course of a 3 year deal compared to Corberan, and the wages of his staff, and if we do go down it could cost us more in the long run. Corberan may cost us more upfront, but if we then get hammered by a 10 point deduction and go down, that £4m may end up saving us money. Considering we've just received £10m + compensation for 6 members of staff, I'd personally say go for it and get Corberan in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He also took over a team that had been in the league two years already, he didn't get them promoted. In his three years, they finished 15th, 16th and then obviously, the standout season being 9th. 

This is it for me. 

I just dont see it. Decent manager ? Perhaps. But what is it that people are seeing to see Potter as a "coup". Especially in our current scenario. He did ok for most part at a club who had its shit together (a lot of his time was alongside Ashworth as recruitment head if I am not mistaken). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’ve been part of this forum for a number of years yet still made the mistake of going back several pages to see if there was any actual news :facepalm:

No actual news but I can tell you how the bookies change their odds based on the money laid on certain managers 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

It's more nuanced than this though. Potter and his team might command higher salaries and thus higher severance. There might be demands Cooper / Potter make from the club that involve more costs or disruption.

The £4m (which is largely a rumour or can be negotiated) is one factor in many and if had to be paid can be amortised over the period of Corberans contract. What's most important is we get the right manager for the club. Just opting for of the available options might not be the best.

As much as we all like to put our own spins on things, the most important part of this is how the candidate interviews and how they say they plan to approach the job and get the best out of what we have and what we plan to spend. What someone did when they were are Cardiff 6 years ago isn't the be all and end all. Sadly, none of us are privy to these conversations, if they have happened at all yet.

I reckon Potter would be the most expensive of the names mentioned so far.

13 minutes ago, kenny said:

I reckon Potter would be the most expensive of the names mentioned so far.

100%. And i think he would be the most demanding in terms of what / who wants with him. 

Just now, Chelmofox said:

100%. And i think he would be the most demanding in terms of what / who wants with him. 

That makes him more attractive then! Our off the field staff infrastructure isn't what it used to be.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roosters boots said:

Apologies if posted already but just seen Paddy power stopped taking money on potter 

9FC6B32A-843B-41E0-8E95-5FC4D522D5FC.jpeg

Betfair and Paddy Power suspended betting on Potter yesterday morning, and he's still suspended on both sites. However, other bookies are offering odds of up to 3/1 on him. From this we can conclude that:

1) Betfair and Paddy Power have both either taken heavy bets on Potter or have heard what they believe is credible information.

2) The other bookies remain unconvinced by whatever it is that has made Betfair and Paddy Power remove Potter from their markets.

In short, it tells us very little.

4 minutes ago, kenny said:

That makes him more attractive then! Our off the field staff infrastructure isn't what it used to be.

Very generous, we currently have a fitness coach and a masseusse as our two remaining first team staff lol  (other than the ones that sit in an office watching games...)

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Betfair and Paddy Power suspended betting on Potter yesterday morning, and he's still suspended on both sites. However, other bookies are offering odds of up to 3/1 on him. From this we can conclude that:

1) Betfair and Paddy Power have both either taken heavy bets on Potter or have heard what they believe is credible information.

2) The other bookies remain unconvinced by whatever it is that has made Betfair and Paddy Power remove Potter from their markets.

In short, it tells us very little.

The best guage is the betfair exchange as this is where bookies will try and 'lay' any big bets anyone may have put on and if they think there is sufficient demand will put in some liquidity for people to back. Currently the market still only has 2.7k matched and there is a small £16 to be matched on Potter (probably one of the bookies balancing a few £20 chunks put down from Foxes talk posters).

What the below tells me is its still very much up in the air but most money has gone down on Cooper (and not very much of it either). I bet Paddy Power consider a big bet £10.

image.png.456b0b917df1e3f07a7c953a818fd9a0.png

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

I love looking at the odds and then seeing all the bullshit that gets written in the papers and online.

I think it would be funny to pick a random person, who would never be in contention for the job and then, all ask the bookies for the odds. Place a couple of quid bets here and there and then watch the odds tumble. With the manager market it really doesn’t take a big bet to bring the odds right down.

So if you’re bored today, contact your local bookie and ask for the odds on Robbie Savage becoming the next LCFC manager, tell them you’ve had a tip.

If you’ve got a couple of quid to throw away for giggles put it on and see what happens to the odds

I did ask betfair to add Thomas Frank but they never did.