Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

54 minutes ago, koop. said:

Paddy Power has suspended betting on Potter by the looks of it :cool:

Paddy Power drove a hearse round King Power the day after we sacked Ranieri, they aren't necessarily the sensible head in this discussion.

• Haha 3

My biggest issue with Potter is I'm not entirely convinced he benefits from last summer's recruitment. Particularly Mavididi and Fatawu who are our best attacking outlets. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nettle said:

Surely Potter has got a better pedigree than Cooper, the fact that Chelsea gave Potter the managers job must say something Cooper wouldn't get a sniff at any of the top jobs says it all really.  

Have you missed 18 months? Chelsea fired a coach that won them the UCL and Super Cup, appointed Frank Lampard to steady the ship, spent half a billion pounds on 8 year contracted players and misfits and then fired Potter after a few months because the only side they could score past was us with Danny Ward in goal. Potter hasnt worked since.

His work at Brighton was eye-catching but let's not pretend we're getting a hot talent here. Cooper gets stick because his body of work is less impressive and " cuz hE's ForRriSt" but he did turn round a Forest side that spent decades in the doldrums and managed to do enough with a cast of 40 unproven or ungelled players to keep them up too.

And let's not forget we're not the most attractive bridesmaid right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

My biggest issue with Potter is I'm not entirely convinced he benefits from last summer's recruitment. Particularly Mavididi and Fatawu who are our best attacking outlets. 

I agree. 

Top seems hell bent on wanting to play like Man City. But this side has the ability to be a quality counter attacking team.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm of the opinion (not a massive sample) that he does seem to adapt to what is in front of him.

His entire time at Swansea was a variation of 4-2-3-1. Which would be fine for us.

Brighton, they never really had good wingers and never had more than one striker of any ability, so he had to come up with something that suited their team. However he did whack out the 4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1 on occassion there too. 

13 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Paddy Power drove a hearse round King Power the day after we sacked Ranieri, they aren't necessarily the sensible head in this discussion.

To be fair, it was pretty funny when they managed to convince half of twitter that they'd chopped down a large swathe of the Brazilian rainforest to carve out a message of support for England just before the World Cup in 2014. 

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I was thinking the same... 

Best I could come up with is Fatawu as RWB and potentially Mavididi as striker buy neither is really ideal and we'll lose dangerous parts of their play. 

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I was thinking the same... 

Best I could come up with is Fatawu as RWB and potentially Mavididi as striker buy neither is really ideal and we'll lose dangerous parts of their play. 

Potter is known not to be rigid I think so will adapt to fit our attacking 3 probably, it'll have to be a 343 / 433 or sacrifice one, or both wingers which I think is doubtful.

3 CBs

RWB, LWB, 2 CMs

Fatawu, Vardy, Mavididi. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

Potter is known not to be rigid I think so will adapt to fit our attacking 3 probably, it'll have to be a 343 / 433 or sacrifice one, or both wingers which I think is doubtful.

3 CBs

RWB, LWB, 2 CMs

Fatawu, Vardy, Mavididi. 

3-4-3 would be interesting.

Assuming no signings just because I can't be arsed to think of any.

Mads

Faes

Vesty

Coady

New RWB

Kristiansen

Ricardo/Winks

KDH

Fatawu

Vardy/Other striker

Mavididi

Actually looks quite nice! (apart from wanting a different CB or two with some pace!!!!)

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Might be time to start getting more familiar with these!
https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/graham-potter-chelsea-brighton-tactics/

Of note is this part with Brighton:

Potter03-1024x576.jpg&nocache=1

Potter regularly used a 3-4-2-1 in which two attacking midfielders support a lone striker (above) and form a four-player central midfield box which could overload opposing midfield threes. The wide centre-backs in this shape were encouraged to get forwards regularly – Ben White and Dan Burn did so particularly effectively – to support the wing-back on their side. There was a fluidity to their shape that opponents consistently struggled to deal with.

3 - 4 - 2 - 1 suits our squad to be honest.

We will need a mobile centre midfielder to partner Winks -  assuming KDH goes (Lamine Camara please).

But, I think this appointment could work....I still don't see Potter fancying it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

3 CBs

RWB, LWB, 2 CMs

Fatawu, Vardy, Mavididi. 

We have the players for this system so it could work out.

• Like 1

Just now, AjcW said:

Mads

Faes

Vesty

Coady

New RWB

Kristensen

Ricardo

KDH

Fatawu

Vardy/Other striker

Mavididi

Actually looks quite nice! (apart from wanting a different CB or two with some pace!!!!)

Justin would work at RWB (maybe even as a wide centre back too).

Ricky will struggle in this system, doesn't have the legs to be RWB or as one of two central midfielders. He could work as part of the front 3 though 

1 minute ago, LVFox said:

Justin would work at RWB (maybe even as a wide centre back too).

Ricky will struggle in this system, doesn't have the legs to be RWB or as one of two central midfielders. He could work as part of the front 3 though 

Yeah i put 'new RWB as I'm just not sure either of them have the legs for a whole season there :( 

I can see Justin being part of the back 3 also.

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Mads

Faes

Vesty

Coady

New RWB

Kristiansen

Ricardo/Winks

KDH

Fatawu

Vardy/Other striker

Mavididi

Yeah and they're already adapted to it in possession due to the bank of 3 and 2, could easily use the players we've got where a RWB (Justin?) and Kristianson play wider and further up allowing Mavididi and Fatawu to be more central, where we want them. Pretty sure he did something similar with Chelsea, a 3-2-5 which isn't a world away from Maresca.

• Like 2