Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Its like going into a night club and making some fit bird your first choice ..  don't really rate potter anyway so she would be a 4 to start 

Edited by nick6666
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phenom said:

This makes a lot of sense. Hope we’re one of his top choices. Or at least convince him to come.

We might be his top choice after the England job. So we'll likely have to wait until Southgate decides whether he wants to continue before Potter gives us a final answer.

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

We might be his top choice after the England job. So we'll likely have to wait until Southgate decides whether he wants to continue before Potter gives us a final answer.

we should never give that much power to someone..... imagine your entire pre-season prep hinging on whether he gets the england job or not and we are prepared the gamble the season on that fact. 

if someone isn't chomping at the bit to walk through the door and get started, then they aren't the right person.   

move on, find someone who is. 

• Like 4

Has he definitely binned off John Morris?

He seemed like an obvious choice when he was still his agent. But now is it not just a bit awkward? 

I know others have mentioned his relationship with the club has soured after Maresca but I don't believe that for a second.

Surely it would of been easier with JM to get the deal done?

24 minutes ago, MPH said:

We might make him our first choice but that doesn’t mean he’d come to us.

I remember when we went for him after we sacked Rodgers and we knew within like two days he wasnt interested. Obviously not sure when we spoke to him but nothing has been leaked which suggests he’s not at least open to a chat 

3 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

I have had a weekend off the news and not listened to BSLB yet. Where we looking at? Who has been spotted shopping in Anstey Tesco's? 

Betting on Potter has been suspended, Cooper has setup a tent outside the training ground.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

I have had a weekend off the news and not listened to BSLB yet. Where we looking at? Who has been spotted shopping in Anstey Tesco's? 

Preki is up to 83 mentions in this thread

Edit: 84 now

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

we should never give that much power to someone..... imagine your entire pre-season prep hinging on whether he gets the england job or not and we are prepared the gamble the season on that fact. 

if someone isn't chomping at the bit to walk through the door and get started, then they aren't the right person.   

move on, find someone who is. 

I agree with the principle of this, and it's a Premier League club and all, but...

It cannot be exaggerated just how much of a shit show the club is at the minute. The manager is going to have his hands tied from the moment he walks in by transfer limitations, a poor squad & a likely points deduction. We don't have any of the right people in place in the boardroom to be able to convince him that they can turn the tide. 

He'll be on his own from the get-go & he may not want the potential risk to his reputation that a bad campaign with us could have. 

7 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

That was the day I knew we were down - Sept 4th 2022 I think it was. It was one of the few occasions where I've been totally embarrassed by a Leicester performance. 

The game spoilt a great day in Brighton and Hove 

It was around then where I completely turned on this ownership - I could not believe they were tolerating that performance.

I thought we'd been that bad in that Brighton game that they had no choice but to sack him and it was for the best we'd taken a hammering, but it didn't arrive.

I get down the rabbit hole every time I think of that season. Just wind myself up lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

Have you missed 18 months? Chelsea fired a coach that won them the UCL and Super Cup, appointed Frank Lampard to steady the ship, spent half a billion pounds on 8 year contracted players and misfits and then fired Potter after a few months because the only side they could score past was us with Danny Ward in goal. Potter hasnt worked since.

His work at Brighton was eye-catching but let's not pretend we're getting a hot talent here. Cooper gets stick because his body of work is less impressive and " cuz hE's ForRriSt" but he did turn round a Forest side that spent decades in the doldrums and managed to do enough with a cast of 40 unproven or ungelled players to keep them up too.

And let's not forget we're not the most attractive bridesmaid right now.

Do you think Cooper would get offered a job with the big boys because I don't. Also I'm pretty sure Cooper hasn't worked for a while and no one is beating his door down to offer him a job.

Edited by nettle

2 hours ago, nettle said:

Surely Potter has got a better pedigree than Cooper, the fact that Chelsea gave Potter the managers job must say something Cooper wouldn't get a sniff at any of the top jobs says it all really.  

Never use the Chelsea / Todd Boehly decision making process as a reference for anything. Potter fitted the clean cut all American image . Boehly has proven he knows nothing about football.

6 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I really don't care for Potter, I feel he is vastly over rated. The media love him & big him up every chance they get. His teams do not score goal which is a big concern for me.

A lot. of his reputation stems from his time at Brighton because their recruiting is so good but het had very little to do with that..

Handsome, well spoken & English !!! He ticks all the boxes...

Handsome?

image.png.e79cd0c17c02e328a353c02fdf39c220.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

I agree with the principle of this, and it's a Premier League club and all, but...

It cannot be exaggerated just how much of a shit show the club is at the minute. The manager is going to have his hands tied from the moment he walks in by transfer limitations, a poor squad & a likely points deduction. We don't have any of the right people in place in the boardroom to be able to convince him that they can turn the tide. 

He'll be on his own from the get-go & he may not want the potential risk to his reputation that a bad campaign with us could have. 

oh I don't disagree with any of that.... however....... now imagine a world, where the club have agreed that he can wait till the end of the Euro's to give us a decision..... they think it's pretty much a done deal, so haven't explored anyone else and then that manager decides a better opportunity has come up (possibly the england job) and takes that instead. 

it's hard enough to chart a path to survival this season, we need someone who wants to be starting straight away, assessing our squad, looking at the gaps that might exist and working with recruitment to target solutions to those problems.... maybe even working to identify which players they are happy to be sold, in order to free up funds OR stave off another points deduction. 

if the club are happy for that to be paused until someone decides whether we are worth the risk or not, a month or more from now, then we deserve everything we get next season. 

you simply cannot run a business that way.