Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

On 24/05/2024 at 13:13, Chrysalis said:

My list to annoy all the football snobs on here. :)

Big Sam

Cooper

Moyes

Roy

Pearson

Wilder

Bruce

Mowbray

Sounds like the cast list of a football themed Antiques Roadshow.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sm1 said:

With our impending points deduction and financial issues, we've got to be pragmatic and look to stay in the PL first and foremost. The best person for that is Moyes, regardless of what people think of his playing style. There's no point playing pretty football if we get relegated and get another points deduction from the EFL.

I’m not sure he’d come to City. I read somewhere that when O’Neill went to Celtic, someone (I may be wrong, but it might have been Fergusson) recommended Moyes, who was doing good things at Preston NE. Our Board turned him down in favour of Taylor, on the basis of a cursory telephone conversation.

Moyes went instead to Everton, but was (maybe still is) very pissed off about his rejection by LCFC.

May all be just chatter, but it would be just like us to choose Taylor over Moyes!

8 hours ago, PaulW said:

The same Steve Cooper who signed any player who owned a pair of boots, and got sacked because he wasn't good enough by Forest?  I admire your optimism, but doubt your sanity.

I think you’ll find it was the owner who signed them, not Cooper, smartarse. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I’d rather see out the rest of my life with a stinging nettle permanently placed under my foreskin than see Rogers back at the club.

I think I’d probably, begrudgingly, have Brendan back if it was that or the nettle foreskin thing.

• Haha 2

Personally I’d be looking at Danny Rohl. What he picked up at Sheffield Wednesday, 3 points from 12 games or something, in crisis, fans at war with the owner. To have achieved what he did was phenomenal and up there relatively speaking with McKenna as manager of the season for me.

Unfortunately, he doesn’t seem ‘possession focused’ and is more about getting results so Top won’t look in this direction and many of our fans wouldn’t like him for this reason. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Wortho said:

I think you’ll find it was the owner who signed them, not Cooper, smartarse. 

And the owner that sacked him.  If Cooper had no input at all into signings at Forest, he was little more than a 'yes' man.

Edited by PaulW

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Personally I’d be looking at Danny Rohl. What he picked up at Sheffield Wednesday, 3 points from 12 games or something, in crisis, fans at war with the owner. To have achieved what he did was phenomenal and up there relatively speaking with McKenna as manager of the season for me.

Unfortunately, he doesn’t seem ‘possession focused’ and is more about getting results so Top won’t look in this direction and many of our fans wouldn’t like him for this reason. 

Just signed a new contract at Sheffield Wednesday

Posted (edited)

Want to be on TV? Want our club to be recognised again on the big stage... approach Phil Parkinson for giggles and to get mentioned on Welcome to Wrexham doc :D

Edited by fox_favourite

1 hour ago, PaulW said:

And the owner that sacked him.  If Cooper had no input at all into signings at Forest, he was little more than a 'yes' man.

I think you’ll find most managers don’t buy the players nowadays 👍

On 24/05/2024 at 18:07, kingfox said:

Johnny Heitinga during his time at Ajax. 

4-3-3

1st for possession 

1st for challenge intensity 

Played with inverted full backs

Wasserman Client 

That’s the perfect list to be a Leicester City manager. 

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Came across that yesterday mate. 

Can see him being a strong contender for both us and Ipswich, if Maresca and McKenna do depart. 

Reading more on his time with Ajax, there’s many similarities to what we’ve seen under Maresca. 

4 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Just signed a new contract at Sheffield Wednesday

Yeah I actually saw that after I had put that post. Shame as it puts him out of reach if we do end up looking.

If we do need someone then I think our impending points deduction will put off a few that would be acceptable to many on here. The club will be fishing in a oool that may not be as receptive as they expect them to be. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If we do need someone then I think our impending points deduction will put off a few that would be acceptable to many on here. The club will be fishing in a oool that may not be as receptive as they expect them to be. 

Maybe but then you know whoever does take it, is actually fully committed 

15 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Maybe but then you know whoever does take it, is actually fully committed 

Commitment works both ways - perhaps enzo feels let down 

We don’t know who is responsible for leaking information to the media on this. It could be from the chelsea end.  

coaches in demand are sounded out about jobs all the time - we just don’t hear about it. 

And there are a few jobs in English football that will attract a coach - especially a young ambitious one.  Turning them down just isn’t realistic - you may not get another opportunity to push yourself onto that level for another five years at least. 

If we got someone who isn’t raw and inexperienced at top league level then I’d agree about your committed statement.  anyone who isn’t exposed and on the up is likely to be considered for bigger jobs if they do well with us. 

• Like 1