Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Do you remember the days when this forum had a handful of ‘In The Knows’

In the style of Delia “Where are you?…”

Didn’t you know That John Rudkin is actually no other than @weller54 😉

You heard it here first 😉😉

54 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

At the moment it appears it's just Rudkin sending DM messages to prospective managers on Instagram. 

Welp, he’s getting left in Message Requests

• Haha 1

I have a theory for what its worth. Longer it takes, the more likely it'll be Potter. Cooper would have said yes or no by now. Must be arguing about terms and money. Might be wrong , of course.

15 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Potter had an incredibly well ran club behind him with qualified people in important football touching roles. 

Appreciate the same shit set-up we've got would apply to all managers but I don't think Potter would be as successful here due to the much inferior DOF and the fact our analytics department seems to have lost key people. 

I would think the point of bringing someone in who knows what a good DOF and Analytics team looks like is he will demand better.

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I would think the point of bringing someone in who knows what a good DOF and Analytics team looks like is he will demand better.

They thought that they'd done that with deluded Brendan but he turned out to be a complete charlatan. 

An all round top manager, coach and all round person you suggest is ni on impossible I'd suggest. Even a good manager and good coach in one is difficult. 

5 hours ago, enmac said:

I have a theory for what its worth. Longer it takes, the more likely it'll be Potter. Cooper would have said yes or no by now. Must be arguing about terms and money. Might be wrong , of course.

I don't think we've offered it to Cooper - I'm sure if we did we'd at least be matching his salary at Forest so I don't think it would be money. 

I think we are rightly having 2nd thoughts or something hasn't hit the spot with him with us.  

I hope I'm right because if he comes in I can only see it being a long, hard and ultimately disappointing season with him in charge 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I don't think we've offered it to Cooper - I'm sure if we did we'd at least be matching his salary at Forest so I don't think it would be money. 

I think we are rightly having 2nd thoughts or something hasn't hit the spot with him with us.  

I hope I'm right because if he comes in I can only see it being a long, hard and ultimately disappointing season with him in charge 

If it was to be cooper the deal would be done by now

• Like 3

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’m getting bored of this. The club have said and hide behind the idea of doing their business in private, and I get that. But it can also be cover for them not having a coherent strategy or knowing what they’re doing.  

a few years ago people would have said this is nonsense 

but what we’ve seen play out means that you could well be right 

let’s hope you’re not 

• Like 2

It maybe a case of the board pushing hard to convince Potter, who is playing hard ball, or not entirely convinced. If that falls through, they'll go to Cooper and it'll be wrapped up slightly quicker. 

Or

Rudkin is sticking his pencil up his nose while trying to remember his password for his computer. Once he remembers it, he can find his emails. (Another 2 days)

Well, that's my theory. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, supernuk said:

Potter to be announced this Friday.. 🔥

Cooper isn't a great fit at all. 

Is that sharp haircut, trimmed beard and turtleneck Porter? Or shellsuit Potter?

There's about a billion references in this thread to Rudkin's supposed action or inaction around recruiting the new manager, but I'm 99% sure the managerial recruitment is lead by Susan Whelan.

• Haha 1