Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

7 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

If it's not Rudkin's responsibility to lead the search for a new manager, genuinely what are his responsibilities? What does he spend his time doing?

Seems to spend most of it following Top around 

8 hours ago, enmac said:

I have a theory for what its worth. Longer it takes, the more likely it'll be Potter. Cooper would have said yes or no by now. Must be arguing about terms and money. Might be wrong , of course.

I think Potter is waiting for Man United's 'Review' to finish. If Ten Haag goes, he'll be in line for that job, if United decide to stick with TH, he'll CONSIDER us (not necessarily come though).

Isn't the United Review expected to finish this week ? If so, it should be much clearer about Potter, soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

I think Potter is waiting for Man United's 'Review' to finish. If Ten Haag goes, he'll be in line for that job, if United decide to stick with TH, he'll CONSIDER us (not necessarily come though).

Isn't the United Review expected to finish this week ? If so, it should be much clearer about Potter, soon.

I doubt Potter is going to be on Man U's radar.  He failed in his one big club attempt.  They need someone much more experienced imo to sort out their mess.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

I think Potter is waiting to see what Southgate does, he'll surely be near the top of the list for the FA?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I doubt Potter is going to be on Man U's radar.  He failed in his one big club attempt.  They need someone much more experienced imo to sort out their mess.

Southgate himself has been on Man Utd's radar. Wouldn't rule out anyone at that cesspit!

No chance Potter is going to United (that said, I thought the same about Enzo going to Chelsea).   

With Poch and Tunchel out of work, I can’t see Potter getting a big club,

Everton depending on new owners could be interesting but the Premier League jobs that turn up will be clubs which start badly and are near the bottom. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

I thought The United Review was the programme.😜

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think Potter is waiting to see what Southgate does, he'll surely be near the top of the list for the FA?

Southgate has said he'll probably leave the England job if we fail to win the Euros. In other words, he's very likely to leave this summer. If that happens, the job would likely be Potter's if he wants it - but maybe he'd prefer another club management job...?

1 minute ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Southgate himself has been on Man Utd's radar. Wouldn't rule out anyone at that cesspit!

Those rumours won't go away. It would be such a bizarre move to get rid of Ten Hag and replace him with Southgate, but apparently Jim Ratcliffe sees something in him...

I think managers try a bit too hard these days. I'm not into this Pep fashion nonsense.

Managers should have two choices: a suit and tie with a double breasted jacket or a big Umbro-style training coat. 

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Those rumours won't go away. It would be such a bizarre move to get rid of Ten Hag and replace him with Southgate, but apparently Jim Ratcliffe sees something in him...

That nobody else can. Amazing. Southgate is just a fraud so would likely fit right in at Man Ltd 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

For me Southgate shouldn't get a PL job anywhere, cannot see what tactical plan he implements and never looks like he's got the ability to make changes in-game. Personally think he's extremely lucky to be in the job he's in with the players he has. He's 'happy camp' vibes and that's it :D

Edited by TheGoldenGod
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

Brighton have held talks with Potter but have gone in a different direction as Potter is being wooed by Leicester - according to The Guardian. Think it will be him now. 

It wouldn't shock me if the board just say "feck FFP" and lets just roll the dice again. They have a history of taking a gamble (I'm talking owners not Rudkin who will just do as he's instructed). In which case they are probably dangling a decent carrot. 

• Like 2

I really can't see how Potter would be in with a sniff of the England job or even the ManU job as it stands.  He needs to build his stock again after Chelsea.  We are more attractive than you think as we are a no-lose situation ...... If he keeps us up he's a hero, if he takes us down he has a raft of mitigating circumstances.

3 minutes ago, RAZZAFOX said:

I really can't see how Potter would be in with a sniff of the England job or even the ManU job as it stands.  He needs to build his stock again after Chelsea.  We are more attractive than you think as we are a no-lose situation ...... If he keeps us up he's a hero, if he takes us down he has a raft of mitigating circumstances.

We're talking about the same people that employed Southgate. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

It wouldn't shock me if the board just say "feck FFP" and lets just roll the dice again. They have a history of taking a gamble (I'm talking owners not Rudkin who will just do as he's instructed). In which case they are probably dangling a decent carrot. 

I wouldn’t be surprised either. If complying means selling our best players and not signing anyone of any quality then I fully think they will as otherwise we’re screwed. Which will only make the situation worse. 

Careful spending to hopefully make us strong enough to stay up with points deductions is probably the way we’ll go if we can’t comply. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Part of me thinks i shouldn't be. But if thats the case, im all in.

9 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I'm surprised Cooper isn't holding out for England, they have got a long history of jobs for the boys, and he's been 'in the setup' already as it were.

Would he want to manage England, being Welsh?