Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Claims that we have offered him a five year deal... why so long. Means we have to pay extra to sack him if doesn't work out.

Interesting.

I'd heard a rumour that Potter wanted a guarantee of spend from the club, which KP thought they couldn't do but Rudkin felt he could be persuaded. Also heard he's still with Morris surprisingly.

I feel like we're desperate for him and will tell him whatever he wants to hear....which inevitably means we'll run into problems in Jan when we've promised a pack of lies.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

well it obviously will. Potter has all the cards here tbh, if it’s a long contract it’s because he is making sure it’s worth his while. 

Understandable, because you want to be sure the club don’t get trigger fingers if we don’t pull away from the bottom 3 that fast, which is going to be a likely outcome.

what is good about it however, is that it would mean that he sees this as a project.  Scrappy first year trying to survive. stabilization year. Then looking to push towards europe. or that’s at least the optimists view

We may have some interest in a longer contract so that if he does well and a big club comes in (a la Meresca), we can get decent compensation.

...we're all just guessing I suppose!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

We may have some interest in a longer contract so that if he does well and a big club comes in (a la Meresca), we can get decent compensation.

The words "sword" and "double-edged" come to mind...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

Some people saying it could be a long contract with a shorter notice/payout period which is true. But if that's the case, that would also work the other way round and therefore even if he had 4 years on his deal, the compensation would cover the same period (12 months for example). Would be very unusual to have that weighted all in the employers favour and even moreso when you're trying to convince a manager to take the job

Just on a footballing level, potter would be fairly happy to come here because maresca has done all the spade work in getting the squad thinking and playing in the way potter wants 

just as de zerbi walked into a Brighton side that was conditioned for him to work with from Day 1 

however, the issues in coming here are not footballing ones 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Also - Potter is a huge Showaddywadday fan.

That's not even a joke by the way.

Nobody tell him that we had to cancel a Showaddywadday gig as one of the last ever events at Filbert Street due to lack of interest.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Interesting.

I'd heard a rumour that Potter wanted a guarantee of spend from the club, which KP thought they couldn't do but Rudkin felt he could be persuaded. Also heard he's still with Morris surprisingly.

I feel like we're desperate for him and will tell him whatever he wants to hear....which inevitably means we'll run into problems in Jan when we've promised a pack of lies.

I believe that. Sounds just like something Rudkin & Co would do. Promise him the world for him to sign on then act surprised when it comes up later down the line.

• Like 3

Ok so I have caught up with BSLB and done a bit more catching up. Shout out to @Ric Flair for sending me down a Steve Bruce literature collection rabbit hole. 

Think there is a possibility that he is on the shortlist and has paused talks until England get dumped out the Euro's? Southgate is now allegedly saying if he doesn't win it, he's more than likely leaving and Howe & Potter are joint-favourites if you believe the bookies so imagine if he accepts our offer and we offer a stupid contract, because apparently we haven't realised how much of a financial f******g we are currently in, and then the England job comes up in July and he takes that.  

I would rather go with Cooper if we are looking to get someone in, but I also agree with what was said on the podcast, why bother bringing someone big in? Run the youth out and have an interim head coach or whatever and save the money. If we offered whoever a ridiculous contract, a budget of £8.50 and Wham! bar and then look to sack them once it starts inevitably going wrong that is more severance or gardening leave pay we simply can't afford.  

The best we could hope for, in some kind of Football Manager 2024 glitch is sign Potter with a large compensation deal if he leaves us for another team or country and the FA then end up paying us to take him. A man can dream alright?! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IF we don’t win these Euros, with the players available to us, I imagine GS will “mutually terminate” his contract and the FA will have their eyes on someone bigger than Howe and Potter.

A top coach would win the lot with this group and I can see the FA going for a proven winner to finally bring it home. 

Howe and Potter would just be media darlings that are smily and pleasant but don’t strike fear into other nations. We need a Klopp like character. 

• Like 1

If the FA did go big, I think Klopp with his saviour complex will bite the FA’s arm off if they offered it to him. 

36 minutes ago, MPH said:

any 5 year deal to potter would mean any club in a year or two would have to pay substantially to lure him from us...

Very much depends what the terms are. We signed Rodgers to a 5 year deal where it was reported he had a buy out clause of around £13m. However in conflicting reports it seems if we were to sack him rather than have a clause owing him only a year or so salary (which is common when there's buyout clauses) it's rumoured he was owed his whole remaining contract in the year of sacking. Astonishing if true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Interesting.

FFS we are truly going to repeat the same mistakes with potentially the 3rd manager in a row and hide what spend is actually available until it blows up in our faces and in 12 months time Potter will no doubt have John Morris working on his exit plan. 

If this is true and I have no reason to doubt it, what an absolute laughing stock we have become. I wouldn’t trust this current mob to run me a bath. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Interesting.

1 hour ago, Basildon Fox said:

This rumour sounds like complete bollocks to me.

100% legit. 

It's autocorrected from 'Morrisons' to 'Morris' which is causing the confusion. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

100% legit. 

It's autocorrected from 'Morrisons' to 'Morris' which is causing the confusion. 

100% that its bollocks?