Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Surely there are people ahead of Potter for the England job? 

I am not saying he should be first choice but who exactly?  When you think about it, if it is to be an English manager, there isn't too many around with what you would class as the right caliber of manager around.  I would say he would have a very good chance if he wants to go into International management.  Also would be the right kind of image for England too - No skeletons in the closet.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Surely there are people ahead of Potter for the England job? 

Apart from going non English again , and I think an English Manager is the preference for the FA and fans.

Eddie Howle I'd say is ahead of him only In terms of English managers , 

But he has a job 

Edited by jamfox

1 minute ago, jamfox said:

Apart from going non English again , and I think an English Manager is the preference for FA and fans.

But he has a job 

Apparently the FA is considering Pochettino and Tuchel.

Apart from going non English again , and I think an English Manager is the preference for FA and fans.

But he has a job 

If England came calling Howe would 99% take the offer

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

If England came calling Howe would 99% take the offer

Then that's maybe that's a good omen to get Potter , if I was the FA I'd go for Eddie Howe. 

But like I say that's the only other English option.   So it's safe to say potter is defo in with a shout.

I'd like Potter , So I'm hoping the England fans booing last Friday reminded him of Chelsea and put him off! 

Then that's maybe that's a good omen to get Potter , if I was the FA I'd go for Eddie Howe. 

But like I say that's the only other English option.   So it's safe to say potter is defo in with a shout.

I'd like Potter , So I'm hoping the England fans booing last Friday reminded him of Chelsea and put him off! 

Let's hope he doesn't watch replays of the end of some of our games during Maresca's poor run last season...:ph34r:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jamfox said:

If Howe went, I am fairly sure he would be one of the favourites to take over at Newcastle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Let's hope he doesn't watch replays of the end of some of our games during Maresca's poor run last season...:ph34r:

I know 😂  but then I'm hopping the low expectations might remind him of his glory days at Brighton , in terms of seeing an opportunity out of the kind of pressure England and Chelsea bring 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Apparently the FA is considering Pochettino and Tuchel.

Tuchel is quality  , and I know we had foreign managers before but German 😂 

I think most people give the nod for being English ,  But putting that aside Tuchel would be a great shout 

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

These people hired Gareth Southgate. 

No one wanted to be the one to take over Big Sam and his pint of wine at the time and it was a quick fix to bring him in, avoid some scrutiny and have everything bore itself under the radar. If we hadn't hit a time where we do have some of the best attacking players in the world being held back by a man who seems to want to sit and defend and p**s about with the ball 90% of the time we wouldn't be even looking at Southgate and how he is ruining a golden generation. 

Southgate was a temporary manager and beat 3 awful teams in 3 WCQ and got the job permanently. The FA don't go for good with proven track records, they go for either who is available or who is cheap, sometimes both. 

Klopp wouldn't take the job for certain. Potter does fit the bill, but since Potter is more of an attacking manager, I don't think the FA would look at him twice. They would rather have us go down 1-0 to the "big" teams than have us go forward and attack, be found out at the back and have another Iceland incident. 

Sorry..went off piste there. The FA are awful and I don't think they will be even entertaining Potter. If he gets it, Lee Carsley will wonder what he has to do to be considered for the job. He beat Southgates under 21's record and won the men's game another major trophy with the Under 21's in the Euro's. 

EDIT: If anyone fancies a laugh, this was the list of people rumoured for the England job back in 2016 when Big Sam got sacked. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37487338

Edited by ramboacdc
Added a link
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jamfox said:

Apart from going non English again , and I think an English Manager is the preference for the FA and fans.

But he has a job 

🐺 

• Haha 1