Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

21 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I would have thought Potter was some way down the list of potential next England Managers. 

Hardly a success at Chelsea so to my mind his current status has dropped some way 

Who's list are we talking about, though :P

41 minutes ago, jamfox said:

Tuchel is quality  , and I know we had foreign managers before but German 😂 

I think most people give the nod for being English ,  But putting that aside Tuchel would be a great shout 

Tuchel? I've always been under the impression he's a bit of a bottler?

Fair play, he won the CL with Chelsea, but he's won next to nothing at Bayern and Dortmund - two of the biggest clubs in Germany and the world. If you're not sweeping the board domestically with Bayern Munich, you want shooting. Can't see why he keeps walking into top jobs, especially when he seems to have a track record of alienating his players too.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Tuchel? I've always been under the impression he's a bit of a bottler?

Fair play, he won the CL with Chelsea, but he's won next to nothing at Bayern and Dortmund - two of the biggest clubs in Germany and the world. If you're not sweeping the board domestically with Bayern Munich, you want shooting. Can't see why he keeps walking into top jobs, especially when he seems to have a track record of alienating his players too.

His win rate at Dortmund and Paris saint Germain was impressive  , highly thought of in the football world as an innovator. People like klopp and pep Wax lyrical him , That's how come he got top jobs.

Chelsea ,  easily the best manager for a while 

Bayern  he won the 2023 tital in his first year after they sacked Nagelsmanm I think  ( mid season appointment)?

Not to shabby for me.

Edited by jamfox

7 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

If it's not Rudkin's responsibility to lead the search for a new manager, genuinely what are his responsibilities? What does he spend his time doing?

Rudkin is very heavily involved in the KP Racing world now. He is employed by KP allegedly.

The club is in so much need of a clear out from the Top downwards, excuse the pun!

2 hours ago, jamfox said:

Then that's maybe that's a good omen to get Potter , if I was the FA I'd go for Eddie Howe. 

But like I say that's the only other English option.   So it's safe to say potter is defo in with a shout.

I'd like Potter , So I'm hoping the England fans booing last Friday reminded him of Chelsea and put him off! 

If Howe did get the England gig would that not make Potter a shoe-in at Newcastle?

8 minutes ago, Stevie Synex said:

If Howe did get the England gig would that not make Potter a shoe-in at Newcastle?

No. They will very likely go for somebody with a much stronger track record in management.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Very much depends what the terms are. We signed Rodgers to a 5 year deal where it was reported he had a buy out clause of around £13m. However in conflicting reports it seems if we were to sack him rather than have a clause owing him only a year or so salary (which is common when there's buyout clauses) it's rumoured he was owed his whole remaining contract in the year of sacking. Astonishing if true. 

It might be a long shot, but I’m hoping we learnt from that..

35 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I heard he's off to a town called Palace

Edit: sorry that was awful lol

He's got an interview in the morning, he'll be down at the tube station at midnight, failing that he's going to get his mate David Watts to drop him off.

8 minutes ago, Daggers said:

See I'm way too young to know who he is, fam! I iz wicked, yeah. Booya. 

Edit - definitely got away with acting young. Phew...no one will notice :ph34r:

Edited by fox_favourite

Chant ready for next season:

Straight back down, straight back down Leicester City,

Straight back down, straight back down I say,

Straight back down, straight back down Leicester City,

Playing football the Rudkin way. 

As he'll be in charge at this rate. Cheap, he'll pay himself compo and hopefully sack himself. Sorted 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Haha 3