Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

I watched Darkest Hour the other night on TV, a film about the first few weeks of Churchill as the new PM in 1940 during the Second World War. Churchill was asked to be PM because nobody else wanted it and he knew it.

Germany had blown Poland away, invaded the Low Countries who were about to capitulate and had the French on the run from the off. The entire British Army was in retreat toward Dunkirk with little chance of getting home and the Americans were tied into a treaty which prevented them from providing any form of military support. 

Churchill was up against it and knew it, made some big decisions and got some right and some wrong but the rest as they say is history.

We need a Churchillian type leader at the helm of our football club. 

Just saying.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Victoria beckham

Posh spice.... The Posh....Peterborough...Managed by Darren Ferguson, son of Alex Ferguson who coached the husband of....VICTORIA BECKHAM!! Dear lord, it's Darren fvcking Ferguson, isn't it??!!

14 minutes ago, Stevie Synex said:

I watched Darkest Hour the other night on TV, a film about the first few weeks of Churchill as the new PM in 1940 during the Second World War. Churchill was asked to be PM because nobody else wanted it and he knew it.

Germany had blown Poland away, invaded the Low Countries who were about to capitulate and had the French on the run from the off. The entire British Army was in retreat toward Dunkirk with little chance of getting home and the Americans were tied into a treaty which prevented them from providing any form of military support. 

Churchill was up against it and knew it, made some big decisions and got some right and some wrong but the rest as they say is history.

Just saying.

Leicester City v Manchester City

• Haha 2

On 04/06/2024 at 09:39, em9999 said:

It will be west brom manager I can say with 100% confidence .. I'm convinced .. 

I even put money on him so I must be ultra sure 

How's the bet looking ?

1 hour ago, Stevie Synex said:

If Howe did get the England gig would that not make Potter a shoe-in at Newcastle?

Newcastle could attract bigger now, Jose maybe tempted up. If not him then maybe possibly likes of Poch. Newcastle after so long as become attractive project again.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Reckon it's probably announced behind the scenes, but the club might make it official themselves on Thursday/Friday.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

What was the context of this lol

It was pre-Cardiff at home in the playoffs. The speech went something like: “We’ll fight them on the beaches…”

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Reckon it's probably announced behind the scenes, but the club might make it official themselves on Thursday/Friday.

Is there any substance in that or just a feeling? 

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Same bloke that said it’s Cooper? 

10 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

I think the appointment is close the rumours of Potter is certainly become more to a light now. If it is announced that Potter turns down Leicester job, then it's probably going to be Cooper.

Be good if the club could announce this before the euro's, so the players can feel at ease knowing who the new manager is especially the ones on tour.

Edited by Leicesterpool

53 minutes ago, Stevie Synex said:

Just saying.

Say you're bored of waiting for a manager without saying you're bored 

• Haha 3