Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

I  would like someone like Will Still, a cheap and available option who did a good job at Reims with two mid table finishes. He appears well regarded and has a pragmatic approach.
He also took over from Oscar Garcia when he was sacked. As some on here have alluded to is our current Manager at Leuven.

Graham Potter seems the obvious choice.

Would be a shame to lose Enzo, but not the end of the world. He's very stubborn and might refuse to change from a style that could see us battered most weeks in the Prem.

Also, presumably the payment for him would count towards balancing the FFP books?

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

It's Kjetil knutsen all day long for me. He can bring Albert Grønbæk with him too. 

Knutsen has done an unbelievable job at Bodo. But he's 55 and never managed outside Norway. Premier League would be a huge step up relatively late on in his career.

6 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Graham Potter seems the obvious choice.

Would be a shame to lose Enzo, but not the end of the world. He's very stubborn and might refuse to change from a style that could see us battered most weeks in the Prem.

Also, presumably the payment for him would count towards balancing the FFP books?

It would - btw, potter turned down Ajax recently. I’d be absolutely astonished if he came here.

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I’d honestly be delighted with Potter, and it feels like a good fit.

Just not going to happen. He's turned down bigger jobs, apparently. We have a points deduction and financial mess to sort. Not sort of appealing for a manager that probably wants a bigger job (England)

• Like 1

Unless we buy some serious quality, with the points deduction we're going to be in a relegation battle. I'd go for someone who can grind out results, has a good track record and isn't part of the current trend of going for a good looking baldy with a beard.

Enter.......David Moyes

David Moyes would take the job and he would be the best option it may not be controlled possession football.

But we will score a fair amount and concede a fair amount.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

May well have been Potter had we not had financial disaster to navigate, more likely we will be finishing in the same market as last summer. Just not Parker please. 

I don’t think so. I think we will end up with about -6. But after the end of June there may be more money to play with. Not massive amounts but enough to build a squad that can at least survive.

On 25/05/2024 at 17:50, trooky said:

With the exception of Dean Smith, our board have done well with all our recent managerial appoints, so I don't under the pessimism.

Dean Smith's PPG would have kept us up; he was a good appointment but too late

• Like 2

The advantage of just being back up means that as a fanbase, we're a bit more open to a riskier appointment. And because of that, there are so many good decent up and coming managers or very good managers at this level (Moyes for example) that we have so many options. Almost every name on here that gets mentioned would be interesting or at absolute worse, not uninspiring.

Watch us get some absolute dross now lol

14 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

I’ve mentioned him before, I think Mark Robins has done a god job at Cov. Seems to unearth some gems. Obviously has the Leicester link.

Yes, but am a bit wary of their decline at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Yes, but am a bit wary of their decline at the end of the season.

I think the Fa Cup run played it's toll in the end, if it wasn't for that then I think they may have made the play offs. But lets face even with a leicester hat, if it wasn't for VAR, Robins would have led Coventry to the Fa Cup final. Which would have been a huge achievement in itself. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blue army 1988 said:

I think Potter then Moyles and then maybe someone like Will Still or Francesco Farioli, depending on if we could afford him.

Farioli has gone to Ajax, just FYI.